Hot Toys ANH Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very curious to see how different HT Vader will be from SS! Will it be suttle or drastic? Most important will this break the $300 barrier!

I was just going to ask about guesstimations on price... I really want to convince myself that vader won't be too much over $250... I'm thinking he'll match chewies price.

Bye-bye SS SW figures. :wave

Why? The new Vader is one of the best Star Wars figures ever released. And Obi-Wan, especially for it's age, is nearly a perfect rendition of the character.

I really wish they'd do characters that haven't been done, or really need an update - like ANH Leia.

I hope this is only sold as a 2-pack for $800 - let's see how the complainers like it then...

And Obi-Wan, especially for it's age, is nearly a perfect rendition of the character.

I'll look to get vader, but ss obi will do me

The SSC Ben is a phenomenally good figure/sculpt, but it needs a repaint to bring it up to present-day standards, which will set you back some $$. Though those repaints make it look stellar.

I never got the chance to get a SSC Ben anyway, so for people who were late to the party, I'm glad there's an opportunity to get a HT Ben that has the latest apps. Also, SSC Ben is a pretty old figure, so I guess there will be some improvements to his outfit/acessories.

Interested in the price for these two figs. Ben is arguably the same level of complexity as Han, so maybe around the same price, but hopefully a bit lower.

I have the SS Ben, but I'll probably get the new one. Like TaliBane said, he needs work to be brought up a level, and the HT version will already have that but with better tailoring and accessories.

Im-Ready-Lets-Do-This-Reaction-Gif.gif

Hope Hot Toys has the release of these pretty spread out. Otherwise, it's gonna be a heavy hit on the bank account if Han, Chewie, Stormtroopers, Ben and Vader all land in a shirt time frame.

Seriously, what are HT and Disney trying to do to me? I'm supposed to be on a romantic weekend away with the wife!! First the teaser trailer, now this.......

The SSC Ben is a phenomenally good figure/sculpt, but it needs a repaint to bring it up to present-day standards, which will set you back some $$. Though those repaints make it look stellar.

I never got the chance to get a SSC Ben anyway, so for people who were late to the party, I'm glad there's an opportunity to get a HT Ben that has the latest apps. Also, SSC Ben is a pretty old figure, so I guess there will be some improvements to his outfit/acessories.

Interested in the price for these two figs. Ben is arguably the same level of complexity as Han, so maybe around the same price, but hopefully a bit lower.
Despite the great job on ssc obi. You'll be a head on scuplt size and paint apps with ht for sure

Back