Hot Toys and Medicom - Do we need another forum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If a new 1/6 forum is created, what should it's focus be?

• Just create a new Hot Toys forum

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • Just create a new Medicom forum

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Create one new forum just for Hot Toys & Medicom

Votes: 49 31.6%
  • Create a new forum just for 1/6 figure discussion (if it doesn't fit into other thread)

Votes: 25 16.1%
  • Leave it - General is fine for HT and Medi

Votes: 54 34.8%

• Total voters
DAVE, TIME TO TAKE OFF THE WHEDONVILLE SECTION..ITS OVER NOW.:monkey1

I say create one for both Hot Toys & Medicom, I sometimes look for posts in the 'General' forum and they're buried under a ton of other posts. It'd be nice to have one dedicated to these two companies.

I think it is better to separate medicom and hot toys from general. Because in this current general movie forum it gets way to crowded with hot toys/medicom/sideshow and other company products. So it'd be very nice if it was split up.

I think it's fine as is. It seems kind of redundant to me to have Mediforums and Hot Toys threads as their own identities in a specifically SIdeshow site. I would get pretty confused lol.

I kinda like how it is....but I wouldn't mind if there was a separate Hot Toys/Medicom area.

However I think it should be one for both Hot Toys and Medicom and not two separate ares for each company.

I say keep things the way they are but if you add a forum, separate HT from Medicom.

Shai Hulud said:
DAVE, TIME TO TAKE OFF THE WHEDONVILLE SECTION..ITS OVER NOW.:monkey1

The way things are going a separate 1/6 section will be a Hot Toys/Medicom section.

Sideshow 1/6 already has its LotR and Star Wars section, and the rest of their stuff fits into the Marvel and Horror areas.

The General area can then have it's description modified to exclude Bond, maybe we'll see a Daniel Craig, Hellboy, could be some new product released when Hellboy 2 comes out, the rest of the lines are dead, and that's what the Horror section is for.

Darklord Dave said:
I can now see that there's a pretty good call for a new forum. My first inclination was to have a new, seperate forum for Hot Toys/Medicom. Then I thought it might be worthwhile just to break out all the 1/6 talk into it's own forum (as has been requested by some).

So here's a poll - tell me what you want- what you really, really want...

Hey DD, love the avatar. I'm looking for a Holiday Frankenstein and Holiday Dracula. Willing to pay top dollar if you know where I can pick one up. Thanks.

kodiak, the holiday Frank and Drac pop up on ebay every now and then and usually don't go for real big money since no one knows how incredibly rare they are. I think I paid $175 for Frank. And I've seen Drac for about $150 recently too, which is what he sold for from SSC.

Creech makes a good point - with SW and LotR having their own sections, there aren't any other 12" that aren't HT or Medi. Okay, Terminator - but does anyone really think they'll be more figures after Sarah?

Dave--

With the large amount of products that both Hot Toys and Medicom each have, I really think it would be best to give both companies their own sections. Combining HT and Medi into one would become very crowded very fast.

DO IT DAVE.........DO IT.

emperor.jpg

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Dave--

With the large amount of products that both Hot Toys and Medicom each have, I really think it would be best to give both companies their own sections. Combining HT and Medi into one would become very crowded very fast.

That's a good point. Wouldn't a Medi/Hot Toys thread look a lot like the General Movie/TV thread?

gdb said:
That's a good point. Wouldn't a Medi/Hot Toys thread look a lot like the General Movie/TV thread?

That's what I was thinking as well. Majority of the things discussed in this General forum is HT/Medi stuff.

I find it refreshing to have all conversations in one forum, it much more interesting. Once you start dividing stuff into sub-forums, things start slowing down and discussion becomes too one-sided.
I'm surprised so many people want a separate HT/Medi forum...
One of the reasons this has become my favourite forum is the diversity of topics, I hope it doesn't start specializing.

Too many sub categories and over moderation destroyed Rebelscum for me. I'd hate to see that happen here.

Since HT and Medicom are both distributed by Sideshow, I don't see how posting about either in any of the appropriate forums already in place could be considered off topic.

So ask yourself this: Does a new forum make the site any easier to navigate, or do you just want new categories because "OMG MEDICOM IS TEH AWESOM!!!111!!"?

Kabukiman said:
Too many sub categories and over moderation destroyed Rebelscum for me. I'd hate to see that happen here.

Since HT and Medicom are both distributed by Sideshow, I don't see how posting about either in any of the appropriate forums already in place could be considered off topic.

that makes to much sense!:D

Back