Hot Toys: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, AVP and AVP-R Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pan Mak? I don't think so. Would've loved to see what he's capable of doing these days, especially after seeing the improvements Tsang has been able to make.

Pan Mak? I don't think so. Would've loved to see what he's capable of doing these days, especially after seeing the improvements Tsang has been able to make.

FYI, DX09 "head and body was sculpted by PAN"
It is written in description, not sure if it was Pan Mak

A figure that is almost universally loved. And since Pan Mak was the only one so far at HT who seemed to have a clue about sculpting Predator headsculpts, and if its the same guy, what a shame that they took him off that line.

After having re-watched AVP:R recently, I can't believe no ones ever included his "gauntlet glove" accessory.

Even if Hot Toys make a Wolf 2.0 you can guarantee they will miss out atleast one accessory, whether it be the cleaner kit or a second cannon etc.

It'd be cool to see someone make the glove though.

Man...seeing a lot of these old Hot Toys Alien figures gives me mixed feelings about mine. Overall, I'm glad I got rid of them.

They were EXTREMELY well sculpted and the detail on them was incredible. Definitely stand-out pieces in ANY collection. I had them all, the original AVP Warriors, even the Brown variant, the Aliens ones, Alien 3, AVP:Requiem, Big Chap...

On the other hand, I can see how the rubber has deteriorated over time and I'm sure mine would've been getting just as bad in their cases. I was also having problems with the ALIENS Warriors as their joints got a little wobbly and I had to do the super-glue trick to strengthen them.

I hope Hot Toys eventually does them again but figures out a new way to give us a reliable rubber that doesn't break down or at least is receptive to some sort of protective spray. Or doesn't even incorporate rubber at all!

I "re-bought," a Predalien and it is great. the original owner didn't take great care of him I guess because there are a few scuff marks on his tail but the rubber hasn't deteriorated and he is still completely flexible.

So this picture popped up on Plastic Enemies' Facebook. I'm assuming it's the Secret Base thing. Check out the Alien 3 banner on the right.

1267557_606077529430579_1039572703_o.jpg

Alien 3 would be a good start. This guy would be phenom status for me:

url

A better dog alien would be great as well. I am really hoping they redux the P2 Elder. And he must include the last trophy wall skull!

Also, my Big Chap is holding up just fine after all these years. I believe the early HT stuff just had bad mix of plastics.

I "re-bought," a Predalien and it is great. the original owner didn't take great care of him I guess because there are a few scuff marks on his tail but the rubber hasn't deteriorated and he is still completely flexible.

Dillon, you son of a *****!

Sorry, i couldn't help myself but yeah, congrats. But after having re-watched AVP:R this week, I remembered how awesome and so easy it was to display Chet. If I can find another one at a decent price, I'd pick him up again as well.

I would love to see a V2 of most alien figures, especially the one's from aliens and avp.

I've got a avp grid alien and it looks good and it's held up pretty good. Just picked up a a dog alien recently for cheap. The hand pegs were missing but had some metal rods in there as replacement. The rubber body looked pretty good. Haven't put him together yet. Let's see how it goes. Here's a pic of my predator and alien set up so far.
Deadpool is currently for sale so I'll be making more room.

I for one would like to see them revisit the ALIENS Alien warriors, the ones they previously did were so scrawny and just .....I dunno, weak execution I suppose. Also are these rubber bodies necessary? I mean the xenos body is so bio-mechanical anyways why not just ditch the rubber, disguise the joints as best you can and avoid the possibility of deterioration altogether?

Back