Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To dispel any confusion, I feel I should mention that... I think some folks have taken a liking to calling the second torso as a "power pose" option when initially, I believe someone was actually using it in a derogatory way very early in the thread. Not pointing any fingers here about that, but later on I did end up using it in a more positive way along with some other folks so I guess it just caught on after a while (both as something positive and as something negative).

I personally like it, when people complained about the old Hulk figure having little to no display options back then, you'd think that people would actually welcome the second torso with open arms since it offers a fairly clean yet dramatic-looking pose, and that's putting aside the fact that it's still an optional accessory from the deluxe set. No doubt that there's such a thing as constructive criticism, but sometimes people just love to find a way to complain about something.

I see. I must have missed that. Was away the whole day yesterday (I hibernated literally after 2 straight days of no sleep trying to meet deadlines). When I clicked on the Marvel section this morning I see that I've missed a lot but didn't bother to back read.

Sol has a point anyway, and I can see the frustration towards the reactions. Can't really please collectors, true.

I probably shouldn't get a second Hulk... but he's my boy.

You're my boy, Green!

I'm very pleasantly surprised about the price of this figure. I love the Hulk Smash pose. The original Avengers Hulk Hot Toy was a pass for me. My buddies and I thought he looked too much like a kids toy. Too many noticeable joints and whatnot. The Hulk Smash pose erases all of that. Looks absolutely outstanding. Will definitely be picking the deluxe up!

A close up photo of the new HULK, on display at HT Secret Base and shared @HKFM, OSR groups on Facebook.

I don't see any seams on the pits.

Seriously, if HT comes up with a 1/6 powerpose Hulk with no seams on legs and feet, I'd get one. No statue can touch the texture and paint of HT.

10998865_1058783374135801_6282970571981012446_n.jpg

10994053_1058783414135797_7637875192420640413_n.jpg

10941425_1058783447469127_2870021793908681545_n.jpg

I like that there are two head sculpts that fit on the poseable body and then another complete upper body section with it's own head sculpt in smash pose. That's a pretty good deal. And to top it off the price for either is pretty good. I'm surprised I'm even saying that about a HT. Does this mean we have hopes for HB to be under 1000?

A close up photo of the new HULK, on display at HT Secret Base and shared @HKFM, OSR groups on Facebook.

I don't see any seams on the pits.

Seriously, if HT comes up with a 1/6 powerpose Hulk with no seams on legs and feet, I'd get one. No statue can touch the texture and paint of HT.

10998865_1058783374135801_6282970571981012446_n.jpg

Absolutely incredible pose. Flawless. No visible lines. So much better than Avengers version with the visible joints. Just my opinion. :)

I'm not even gonna lie, that looks amazing. I can barely even see the seams on the second torso's shoulders in those photos.

I dont get what people are talking about in regards to seems on the smash torso. It's a static piece. The arms don't move. The only seem would be at the waist which is covered by the pants.

I dont get what people are talking about in regards to seems on the smash torso. It's a static piece. The arms don't move. The only seem would be at the waist which is covered by the pants.

In the promotional photos, you can see that there are visible seams on the shoulders of the smash torso. I don't mind them since it's hard to make a sculpt like that in one piece, but some folks had issues with it. In this regard, the "in-person" photos shown above seem to indicate that they're not actually as readily visible in person compared to what we saw in the promo pics that HT put out. All in all, it's a really pleasant surprise. :)

I like that there are two head sculpts that fit on the poseable body and then another complete upper body section with it's own head sculpt in smash pose. That's a pretty good deal. And to top it off the price for either is pretty good. I'm surprised I'm even saying that about a HT. Does this mean we have hopes for HB to be under 1000?

The only possible reason why this Hulk is "cheaper" than expected is because it didn't cost HT that much to develop this figure. Hulkbuster can't be cheap. It would be an all-new figure with parts which can't be re-used unless there'd be an exclusive variant. or it doesn't end up destroyed and shows up again in a future movie.

Check out the armpits on this one and you'd see what some people are talking about.

11025285_10152636535692344_2982230605127657853_o.jpg

Could this be a different prototype, and not the one used on the photos for the photos? There's no way, IMO, that it's the same body.

These are the seems they are talking about:
264902d1424847640-hot-toys-mms287-avengers-age-ultron-1-6-hulk-deluxe-collectible-set-hot-toys-a.jpg

Doesn't bother me that much, but if its a solid piece they shouldn't have to be there...maybe since its not a statue they had to make the arms separately :dunno

Ah i see the seems now and vaguely recall seeing them or at least noticing them before but I had thought it was on the poseable torso and not the static.

The original Hulk pre-orders on BBTS and AEC were $300 right? The $250 is not bad I guess. For the deluxe, you basically get the regular head from the Avengers version and the extra body right?

The original pre-order at AEC was $270 ($269.99). They've got the new one for $263.99 ($11 off the Sideshow price), so a great deal for anyone who missed it the first time around.

there are joint lines at the arm pits on HT website photos:
aou hulk.jpg

but no such lines on the prototype shown in secret base:
aou hulk prototype.jpg

why the difference? what will be the final product looks like then?

This looks amazing! hot Toys did it again! I have the Avengers version and thought "I'll pass on the AOU version" but after seeing all the new options and two head sculpts I want this. I prefer the ripped pants look but the yoga pants are growing on me.

Now the only question is do I sell my first version and get this one or just buy an additional deluxe?

Back