Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow the pose is going to be at least 20 inches. This AOU is not going to fit in a detolf lol. Hulk barely fits there in a crouching position. Now you have a bigger hulk. Big ultron, big thanos, and a huge hulkbuster.
Thanos is GOTG, and detolfs are adjustable :wink1:
This looks amazing! hot Toys did it again! I have the Avengers version and thought "I'll pass on the AOU version" but after seeing all the new options and two head sculpts I want this. I prefer the ripped pants look but the yoga pants are growing on me.
Now the only question is do I sell my first version and get this one or just buy an additional deluxe?
Excellent figure.... even if I had the Avengers version I would still get this

I think that's the point. Otherwise they could make it seamless polystone. Honestly I don't think people are giving them enough credit for coming up with that. I remember with the old Hulk, people *****ed about the joints in the arm, and the rejoinder was "it's an articulated figure", and the response to that was "I'll take less articulation for no/less noticeable joints". HT has done that with this release... really it should please both camps. But no, you still have people *****ing that the tiny hair-line joints are too big and others that it's now "power pose" and not articulated. Ugh, this hobby, sometimes.

I'm with you man. I mean, his much more could we ask for? Maybe it's just my mentality because I'm a more is more kind if guy when it comes to this hobby. I think options and accessories are key in keeping the display changing and interesting. I'm not the collector that keeps all the accessories in the box and never looks at them. I get use of most stuff sooner or later as I repose and change things up. Aside from a traffic light, I couldn't ask for more here. When things are overpriced like BRJ and arguably Ultron, Thanos, etc., b__ch away. If something is a true let down, hack away. But this is a solid set!!!!

And as far as the seams go, come on guys. It's been said enough already but how could you expect shirtless figures to not have any seams?

And I'd count on us getting small seams on the PP torso as shown in the protos, as opposed to the what looks to be seamless one at Secret Base

surprised they didn't give Hulk red eyes. wonder how difficult it would be to swap out the eyes since they're adjustable

np011315_avengers2trailer_article.jpg

That's why this is seemingly inexpensive! They're gonna hit us with an alternate red eyed version for the same price!

This looks amazing! hot Toys did it again! I have the Avengers version and thought "I'll pass on the AOU version" but after seeing all the new options and two head sculpts I want this. I prefer the ripped pants look but the yoga pants are growing on me.

Now the only question is do I sell my first version and get this one or just buy an additional deluxe?

The pants are growing on me too. We need a better name than yoga pants now

You buy a new one and keep both.

I'm a bad influence, you should listen to someone with better sense and more restraint

Those Secret Base photos make me like this MUCH more. Has it been determined if the 'Deluxe' set 'smash torso' has a chance of working on the Avengers Hulk legs?

just the head, but the body should be similar, also there may be comparisons posted a few pages back by others
10505067_10152636772082344_8578910937135392014_o.jpg

Damn, I really didn't think I wanted two hulks, but I suppose I could use one to fight Hulkbuster and another for a team display. #FirstWorldProblems

Yeah for less the $300 Ill pick it up as well. I didn't want 2 Hulks but the price makes it too good to pass up, even if I have to store it for display later when I have more room.

Not sure if i will pick this up or not. I like it but the screaming sculpt does not really fit in with the neutral expressions on the rest of my avengers and the smashing pose will not fit in my display case. My Avengers hulk only has about an inch to spare.

Of course my AoU hulk will be going head to head with HB... I was originally planning on putting ASM2 Spidey with the avengers, but since we'll get an MCU spidey eventually I plan to put him and my avengers hulk in a "new fantastic four" display after I get ghost rider and DOFP wolverine.
2192850-1991mu2.newfantasticfour.jpg

Not sure if i will pick this up or not. I like it but the screaming sculpt does not really fit in with the neutral expressions on the rest of my avengers and the smashing pose will not fit in my display case. My Avengers hulk only has about an inch to spare.

I don't think the screaming sculpt only works with the smash pose. I'm sure it'll look hood with plenty of other crouched positions, as long as it's a little spread out and aggressive. But yea, standing upright at attention with arms at his sides would look ridiculous :lol

I'm pretty much convinced we'll get another version with the dark/avengers logo pants. Perhaps with the red eyes even and/or another Banner figure.

Still prefer original version..skin color, pants, even head sculpt.

I'm pretty much convinced we'll get another version with the dark/avengers logo pants. Perhaps with the red eyes even and/or another Banner figure.

If the Hulk gets more than one pair of stretchy pants in AoU, I just may put my head through a wall. :lol I know HT/Marvel/Disney are trying to make every last buck they can, but this cash grab would be much too transparent/unpleasant for me.

Nice comparison. Maybe I'll pick this up and use my first avengers version as my custom Rhino I was planning.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424969614.988123.jpg

If the Hulk gets more than one pair of stretchy pants in AoU, I just may put my head through a wall. :lol I know HT/Marvel/Disney are trying to make every last buck they can, but this cash grab would be much too transparent/unpleasant for me.

I hope you have a helmet then lol. We are talking about Hot Toys here. Milking is their middle name.

Back