Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this comparison on Facebook.

EDIT: I like the teeth on the AoU's proto, as it looks more natural in terms of shape. A1 proto looked okay, don't know why final product ended up having those round teeth.

10647235_853875951336970_345458409791188832_n.jpg

To me, it looks like a slightly more detailed casting of the same sculpt.
It's interesting that they are claiming it's a new head sculpt.

This is gonna be one of those character posters where you get them all together and its one giant scene. Personally I don't care, I just want my HulkBuster.

To me, it looks like a slightly more detailed casting of the same sculpt.
It's interesting that they are claiming it's a new head sculpt.

I think it's a new sculpt, indeed. Try to look closely and you'd see that while the expression is the same, the final A1 product and the AoU proto have differences in wrinkles, folds, philtrum, eyes, chin, to name a few.

How high could the articulated Hulk arms go on the original? It looked for a second that it could get the Hulk smash pose but I'm guessing not since they have a 2nd body for it/

Hulk's arms can rotate full circle thus can be raised high. However, it can't have the more natural-looking smash pose as the fully sculpted torso. Also, the chest have to move up to make it look natural.

(photo not mine)

10868203_10152591831475810_4791540205806867621_n.jpg

How high could the articulated Hulk arms go on the original? It looked for a second that it could get the Hulk smash pose but I'm guessing not since they have a 2nd body for it/
Even if you could get the pose (and I think you're right and you can't), it would be really unflattering on the articulated figure due to the shoulder joints. Also, think having the elbows continually strained like that might eventually damage the rubber. Think having it all molded like they did was a great idea.

Even if you could get the pose (and I think you're right and you can't), it would be really unflattering on the articulated figure due to the shoulder joints. Also, think having the elbows continually strained like that might eventually damage the rubber. Think having it all molded like they did was a great idea.

Agreed. The sculpted torso was exactly what was needed...
The articulated half would probably work better for other poses

Back