Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't imagine how, but I wouldn't be shocked if HT found a way to keep you from separating the upper and lower body on the regular so you would have to buy a 2nd deluxe to get spare legs.

I can't imagine how, but I wouldn't be shocked if HT found a way to keep you from separating the upper and lower body on the regular so you would have to buy a 2nd deluxe to get spare legs.

Well, you only need one spare set, so you'd display the regular as is, display the deluxe as the raging Hulk, and sell off the extra regular torso from the deluxe set. No need to buy a 2nd deluxe set.

That would make no sense. As they don't sell the seperate legs. But do sell the single figure. Makes no sense. Buying the second set doesn't help becuase you still face the same issues overall. And production wise it would also not be smart to make them different.

The biggest mistake Hot Toys made for this figure was not including a hexed headsculpt for an important fight scene with the Hulkbuster.

I'm seriously considering changing from the deluxe version to normal one. It price doesn't warrant the extra body for me and space will become an issue I'm sure.

They probably didn't know about it when planning the figure, apparently the studio was considering using it as an excuse to give us a gray Hulk and ultimately just changed his eyes so who knows why HT didn't and to recoup money from the molds, I could see a 4th Hulk release that would include a matching head. I just wish the roaring head looked more generic Hulk like the CGI model and not so heavily Ruffalo like the first movie.

Yeah, this roaring head just looks like Ruffalo is squinting to read a road sign up ahead. :lol

I can almost see it, give me another second....

image.jpg

Yeah, this roaring head just looks like Ruffalo is squinting to read a road sign up ahead. :lol

I can almost see it, give me another second....

I know my comment seems silly but let me illustrate.

17486998313_97c7e2ba65_o.jpg

Look at Avengers Hulk vs AOU Hulk, the first feels more Ruffalo overall in the face, where I feel like AOU kept Ruffalo in there but also gets an almost generic, comic book like look to it and I wish the figure had the newer qualities.

I know my comment seems silly but let me illustrate.

17486998313_97c7e2ba65_o.jpg

Look at Avengers Hulk vs AOU Hulk, the first feels more Ruffalo overall in the face, where I feel like AOU kept Ruffalo in there but also gets an almost generic, comic book like look to it and I wish the figure had the newer qualities.
Agree, the new movie hulk face is a downgrade IMO
The first avengers hulk was the best on screen hulk ever produced, no need to change it

Well you agree there is a difference but I'm sayingi prefer AOU, Avengers wss the best but I felt like his face looked too much like a green Ruffalo and not enough Hulk, the "Hulk....smash," moment really captures this. Ruffalo is still the clear foundation in AOU, but he always looks like a distorted version instead of exact and a lot like a Kirby or Buscema Hulk and it's perfect to me.

Back