Hot Toys- 20th Century Boys: 'Friend' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hrrrm, got one from amiami. Not very impressive for me. Probably has to do with it being manga/animation based (they're clothed realistically when the characters were not made realistically in the first place). Just looks a bit lackluster next to other HT. Clean paint apps, some cool accessories though.

Last edited:
Well the author of 20th Century Boys, Monster, Billy Bat, Pluto, etc... has had realistic manga art for a long time now. It is much more realistic looking than your general anime style so in my opinion it does help transition to three dimensions. Also, Friend looks exactly like that in the manga. It's not like clothing is unrealistic when drawn. This is what always gets me when people have a problem with 1/6 Anime figures. In the manga, Friend has an anime styled face and a realistic looking suit. Same with the Hot Toys figure. Yeah it's going to look a little weird next to people from movies, but that's why you could always have different sections for your display or keep his mask on.

I got this figure off Ebay so it should hopefully come in a week. I'm really looking forward to it. Now I'll have both City Hunter figures and Friend. If only I could track down Golgo...

Just got my Tomodachi a moment ago :D

I absolutely love it! The suit looks so much nicer in person than it does in promotional pictures. One or two face sculpts is one thing...but five is truly something. He also comes with a ridiculous amount of accessories. This is my favorite Hot Toys so far.

And he's got my favorite figure box I've seen. It's really something else. It has this beautiful mold on the bottom with the logo and the inside of it is full of panels from the manga.

If you haven't pre ordered already, do so!

SIDE NOTE: Does anyone else think this forum really needs an "Anime" board? It's difficult to get anime discussions goingon here since a lot of people have no clue what these things are and so those anime related topics tend to fall fast like the Gantz one and City Hunter along with even this. There's a Video Game one already and even a DC Customs one. There really should be an Anime and Manga one.

Last edited:
Got this figure on the way now. I must say I'm rather looking forward to it arriving. After originally having no idea who this character was when the figure was first shown, it got me intrigued enough to actually go out and start reading the manga this past month. It's just a shame the day I started reading them/getting interested in buying the figure happened to coincide with the AmiAmi super sale they seemed to have on him, which I only found out about the other day, so that kind of sucked. Still though, I'm glad to have it coming, and the fact that it introduced me to the manga and the movies is a big plus too.

Hot Toys The Friend?

Good usage for a Bruce Wayne spare head to go along side a bats?

Re: Hot Toys The Friend?

I assume he means put the Wayne head on the Friend body and suit.

It was pretty clear the guy was saying the body and suit combined with a spare Wayne head.. not use the head off this figure.:gah:

Okay, so now that we've got that cleared up. . .

I don't think Friend would be a good use. The previous Wayne heads are neckless, and the Friend head is necked, so you'd need to get some extra parts, neck adapter and such, to put the two together. And if you're thinking of using the upcoming TDKR Wayne head, that looks to have a bit of cowl sculpted onto it, so it would look weird in a dress suit.

Okay, so now that we've got that cleared up. . .

I don't think Friend would be a good use. The previous Wayne heads are neckless, and the Friend head is necked, so you'd need to get some extra parts, neck adapter and such, to put the two together. And if you're thinking of using the upcoming TDKR Wayne head, that looks to have a bit of cowl sculpted onto it, so it would look weird in a dress suit.

Well if I go for putting a wayne together with it's own body and that SUIT alone it may work out.

Well if I go for putting a wayne together with it's own body and that SUIT alone it may work out.

No way man. I mean I know Bruce was wearing outdated 8 year old bad suits in Tdkr because he was a hermit for a near decade but the tailoring in this suit is REALLY bad. Seriously it's awful, he would look like a total buffoon. There are a lot better not to mention cheaper alternatives out there you can snag off of eBay

Man what a great figure...did not notice until last week. Was just recently checkn sideshow...and here we are 90$. As I enjoyed the anime I could not stand. And funny accessoir!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

:yess:

Man what a great figure...did not notice until last week. Was just recently checkn sideshow...and here we are 90$. As I enjoyed the anime I could not stand. And funny accessoir!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

:yess:

It's a really underrated figure. It's probably their only great anime figure (aside from Golgo?) and it's just really solid. A ton of accessories, all those masks, three different heads (with the third one having the mask variants), and a nice looking suit. I might have to buy another one sometime if it stays for a good price on Sideshow. Maybe even two more down the line. It's perfect for customs too since you've got a suit and dark skinned body for a great price.
The most retarded figure ever made by HT

:dunno Would you prefer another stupid cash cow variant from Terminator, Predators, or some bull____ like Iron Man MK 10?

Back