Hot Toys- 20th Century Boys: 'Friend' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That figure has illuminatti written all over it.scary ____.

That figure has illuminatti written all over it.scary ____.

Some irony then that you can buy it with this:

illuminati-dollar.jpg

This might make me happy.I have no idea what 20th century boys is,but if this comic masterpiece line encompasses American comics,might we be seeing some non-movie DC and Marvel figs?

Just ordered this figure with the MJ Beat It from AmiAmi. Seeing the messages on this topic makes me wonder if I am the only person who going to snatch this one :(

Just ordered this figure with the MJ Beat It from AmiAmi. Seeing the messages on this topic makes me wonder if I am the only person who going to snatch this one :(

Maybe not the only person, but one of the few. Although I have read and enjoyed a few books in the 20th Century Boys series, I'll probably not buy this figure because the price is just too high. I mean, after reading your post, I searched on AmiAmi and Ebay for this and the price bar was still at least $250, and that's not including shipping. I think the figure is cool, but not THAT cool.

Reading over this thread... I can't believe how childish some (most) of us are.

Some more than others. To visit a forum like this, we're all man-children. I do know what you mean though. It's a contradiction. Some folks here can appreciate a character like Scarecrow (a guy in a suit wearing a burlap sack over his head), but because they aren't familiar with 20th Century Boys or The Friend character (a guy in a suit wearing a white cloth mask over his head), it's okay to ridicule the latter.

I loved the film trilogy they made out of the manga and I would love to have the Friend figure in my collection. But it's too high and I've got too many other things on order. Still, for anybody getting this figure, a big congrats!

I'd recommend to read the whole manga series first before u watch the movie, that way you will know all the plotholes that couldnt completely presented in the movies, all that can I say, the movies were truly reallllly good actualization of the manga, the casts the setting and the props, man.. the movie is perfect!

Sorry for bringing up such an old topic, but is anyone aware of a good place to get this guy for a decent price, perhaps other than AmiAmi? In all actuality, this is the 1/6th scale figure I want the absolute most believe it or not. It just really blows me away. I wonder if they will ever do anyone from Pluto or Monster too. That's be awesome. I also really want the Golgo 13, but that's for a different day.

And they are going for crazy prices. I'm going insane. I can't believe I missed such an amazing sale. He was pretty much going for $100 shipped on AmiAmi and now people seem to bid up to $250 on him on Ebay. Ugh :/

BBTS got this for 170$.He looks very good even though I dont know anything about this character.I mayde get this figure next year.

BBTS got this for 170$.He looks very good even though I dont know anything about this character.I mayde get this figure next year.
I saw that and am not that surprised. All those 10th Anniversary figures were produced in ridiculous numbers for Asian exclusives, and I figure one of the retailers with stock they can't sell started fishing for U.S. retailers to buy up stock in bulk. Being the least desirable of all their exclusives, I guess this is the only one that's being treated this way thus far. But it also wouldn't shock me to eventually see Scarecrow/Demon Bats and Beat It getting similar treatment. 4,000 or so is just too damn many.

Thanks for mentioning that! I'll have to keep my eye on BBTS and maybe snag Tomodachi down the road unless I can find him for a better price somewhere else.

Back