Hot Toys- 20th Century Boys: 'Friend' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Celebrating the 10th anniversary of Hot Toys, we are presenting the exclusive items to thank our fans for their continued support.

We are now proud to present one of the three exclusive items - 20th Century Boys: 1/6th scale Friend Collectible Figure.

Please refer to the product spec as follows and attached pictures for your reference.

The exclusive items will be available at the anniversary event in Tokyo in Christmas 2010.

Hot Toys 10th Anniversary Exclusive – CMS01 – 20th Century Boys: 1/6th scale Friend Collectible Figure

~ Comic Masterpiece Series ~

Celebrating the 10th anniversary of Hot Toys, we are presenting the exclusive items to thank our fans for their continued support. The exclusive items will be available at the anniversary event in Tokyo in Christmas 2010.

Hot Toys is proud to present the collectible figure of Friend from the 20th Century Boys, a science fiction-mystery manga created by Naoki Urasawa, from the Comic Masterpiece Series as one of the three exclusive items. The collectible figure highlights the authentic realization of the Friend character which is personally approved by artist Naoki Urasawa, interchangeable heads, as well as specially designed accessories and weapons.

The 1/6th scale Friend collectible specially features:

- Authentic and detailed realization of the Friend character from manga “20th Century Boys”, personally approved by artist Naoki Urasawa

- Newly developed head sculpts, including the Friend’s infamous masked logo head

- TrueType body with 30 points of articulation

- Approximately 30 cm tall

- Four (4) pairs of interchangeable palms including

n Two (2) pairs of relaxed palms

n One (1) pair of palms with pointing forefingers

n One (1) piece of left palm for holding gun

n One (1) piece of right palm for holding spoon

- Each head sculpt piece is specially hand-painted

Costume:

- One (1) set of grey-colored suit, white shirt and red tie

- One (1) pair of black shoes

Weapons:

- One (1) laser gun

- One (1) robot remote controller

Accessories:

- Two (2) interchangeable heads including one (1) ___ube character head and one (1) Katsumata symbolic head

- Two (2) masks including one (1) “Ninja Hattori-Kun” mask and one (1) “National Kid” mask

- One (1) bent spoon

- One (1) “Space Special Investigation Corps” badge

- Two (2) books including one (1) Book Of Prophecies and one (1) New Book Of Prophecies, both made of authentic paper and wires, with original Japanese contents

- One (1) “Weekly Big Comic Spirits” magazine, featuring parts of the “20th Century Boys” story in Japanese

- Figure stand with Friend nameplate and manga title in Japanese

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Hiroki Hayashi

- Head Painted by JC. Hong

- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Q4 2010

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

© 1999, 2006 Naoki Urasawa Studio Nuts / Shogakukan

© Fujiko Studio

© Masayoshi Onuki / Toei

20thCenturyBoys_FriendCollectibleFigure_PR1.jpg

20thCenturyBoys_FriendCollectibleFigure_PR2.jpg

20thCenturyBoys_FriendCollectibleFigure_PR3.jpg

20thCenturyBoys_FriendCollectibleFigure_PR4.jpg

20thCenturyBoys_FriendCollectibleFigure_PR5.jpg

20thCenturyBoys_FriendCollectibleFigure_PR6.jpg

20thCenturyBoys_FriendCollectibleFigure_PR7.jpg

20thCenturyBoys_FriendCollectibleFigure_PR8.jpg

20thCenturyBoys_FriendCollectibleFigure_PR9.jpg

Whatever this stupid thing is, his suit isn't even that nice! You'd think when there's pretty much all there is to it it would be the nicest suit they've ever done not something they would have put out in 2007!!

I still find it funny that Michael Jackson and something called 20th Century Boys were in the same teaser image. Coincidence?

I still find it funny that Michael Jackson and something called 20th Century Boys were in the same teaser image. Coincidence?

From what I understand from watching the film trailer, Friend was a boy who didn't want to grow up either :)

I don't know what it is... but its kind of cool looking.

I really like the new hand sculpts... hope we see those released with more figures. Also, kind of looks like the hands are better scaled to the body than some of the previous releases.

Funny, now that you mention it that pointing hand might be better than the one's they made for T-1000. Hot Toys is a racist company. I bet this figures spoon hand doesn't have the cheap thumb seam Two-Face had.

God, what a waste. That monkey mask is funny though. So is the Cobra Commander face mask.

God, what a waste. That monkey mask is funny though. So is the Cobra Commander face mask.

Not to the Japanese, methinks. 20th Century Boys is kind of big to them. Overall, though, I'm kind of disappointed with their anniversary figures. Two of them I have no intention of buying since they're not my forte, and the other one that I'm really into turns out to be such an overpriced, lacklustre package :( Sculpts of the figures are nice, though. this figure included.

It just doesn't exactly demonstrate the strength of Hot Toys. any 1/6 producing company could have made a cartoon guy in a suit and had it look on par with this. But if it sells for them it sells for them.

Back