Hot Toys 2012 DREDD figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the movie so much. My wife came out saying she liked it as well and she hates the movies she watches with me at times lol

They wouldn't even have to worry about getting the likeness down.
He never took his helmet off.
They'd just have to worry about Judge Anderson.
They should do it!

The problem with cult classic status is that we'll always be relegated to being semi-underground. Only those in the know will appreciate it, thus the word "cult" in the term.

Typically a movie does less business in following weeks. If Dredd only did about 7 mil in it's first week the drop off for subsequent weeks will be pretty awful. This is a movie that's playing on 2,400 screens. Theatre owners will want it out of their complexes asap.

I'm not trying to bring any Dredd fans down, like I said, I am a MASSIVE Dredd fan myself owning pristine copies of original 2000AD's with the original gifts that came with the first three issues in the UK and original Bolland Dredd pages. The seeming failure of this movie doesn't dampen my love of the character. But reality is coming down hard on the movie.

40 million to produce.
25 million to advertise. (In the US)

About 10 mil combined box office in the US and the UK so far. It's lookin mighty grim.

I feel bad mostly for the 2000ad editorial staff. Hopes were high for this movie and they were very excited.

Hmm, doesn't look good for a sequel, that sucks.

The studio clearly didn't have any faith in it given the tiny budget. The hard R rating plus poorly marketed means it's doomed to cult status with a sequel very unlikely. Absolute crying shame given the quality if the film. Just shows why playing it safe seems to be the only way a film wil suceed. No wonder Holywood churn out soulless remakes, Bay films and the like.

To me it's a miracle this movie even got funded. Imagine trying to convince financial backers to cough up money to make a remake of a failed big budget movie of a character most American audiences have no emotional attachment to starring no big name actors.

I admire the ambition and lament the reception. It's depressing.

Luke Goss was Prince Nuada in Hellboy-II, & the vampire bad guy from Blade-II right? Yeah, he was awesome!

I wonder how many people here, remember the pop group 'BROS' he was in with his brother in the 80s??? :lol

I wish Luke Goss had more better roles, he seems to play supernatural villains the vest.

So true,and strange how some actors dont get to act in some movie roles they are perfect for,like Rutger Oelsen Hauer,that guy was great but somehow never got chanse to shine,still I love his work....but you get my point.

I won't even tell you how many texts I've sent on my iPhone that make absolutely no sense :lol Damn predictive text!!

C'mon guys ask your girlfriend or dad who Karl Urban is...

He's known to us because of what, a third string character in the Lord of the Rings? a non HARDCORE Lord of the Rings fan does not know or care about who Eomor is. Hell even I kind of forget what he was all about and i love those movies. And sure he was great as McCoy but since he was the guy doing an impression of Deforest Kelley everyone's just thinking about Deforrest Kelley.

Then what a totally forgettable five mins in Bourne, chronicals of Riddik... Xena warrior princess? Really?

I don't even like the avengers amd sure evens and helms worth are about Karl urban level, but you have ruffelo, johansson, Downey jr, renner, Jackson... Star power really helped that movie become a success.

I mean hey, I like the guy but let's be honest here playing small parts in geek movies, even really popular and with widespread exposure geek movies does not make you a household name.

His part in Riddick wasn't small and that was a fairly popular movie...

Back