Hot Toys 12" Conan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This or no DEAL!!!!

87992-004-9307aad1.jpg

OK - its obvious you haven't read any of the books if you can come to that conclusion.

I had read most of Howard's stories before the Schwarzenegger pic even came out, and even as a kid I didn't think he fit the bill as Conan. Howard's description of Conan as agile, lithe and panther-like did not jive with Arnold's steroid-pumped physique that made it awkward for him to even swing a sword.
Arnold's Conan reminds me more of The Crusher from the classic Bugs Bunny cartoon.
Momoa looks like the Conan I've always seen in my mind's eye while reading the books. He looks like he stepped straight out of the early Marvel comics drawn by Barry Windsor-Smith as well as Cary Nord's more recent rendition in the Dark Horse series.
Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed the Milius film and still get a kick out of it for what it is, and it isn't a very faithful adaptation of Howard's Conan but rather Milius' own re-imagining of the character.

I think what Momo Conan has going for him is age... If this new movie, which seems like an origin movie, is a success, they can keep going with him for quite a few movies and as he gets older he'll probably start looking more and more like Howards creation methinks...

Blame the director.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKHq-5fC_J0"]YouTube - ‪Arnold Schwarzenegger - Ballet Lesson‬‏[/ame]

I think what Momo Conan has going for him is age... If this new movie, which seems like an origin movie, is a success, they can keep going with him for quite a few movies and as he gets older he'll probably start looking more and more like Howards creation methinks...

They would've been wiser to shoot a Conan the King movie and be done with it.

I had read most of Howard's stories before the Schwarzenegger pic even came out, and even as a kid I didn't think he fit the bill as Conan. Howard's description of Conan as agile, lithe and panther-like did not jive with Arnold's steroid-pumped physique that made it awkward for him to even swing a sword.
Arnold's Conan reminds me more of The Crusher from the classic Bugs Bunny cartoon.
Momoa looks like the Conan I've always seen in my mind's eye while reading the books. He looks like he stepped straight out of the early Marvel comics drawn by Barry Windsor-Smith as well as Cary Nord's more recent rendition in the Dark Horse series.
Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed the Milius film and still get a kick out of it for what it is, and it isn't a very faithful adaptation of Howard's Conan but rather Milius' own re-imagining of the character.

I'm pretty sure you're right but there is convincing some people. I'm actually pretty excited for the new conan and "gasp" would prefer hot toys to do the new movie rather then the Arnold version

The 12" Conan must be with Arnold and not that unknown POS on the new movie.

:goodpost: : Well said! This is :exactly: my point of view also. I too had read REH stories as well as the comics well before the original Conan movie came out. I enjoyed it for what it was, but Arnold just didn't represent a true Conan image. He has that physical presence and charisma, but lacked that certain ferocity and quickness that Conan should possess. Not to mention, he didn't look like the Conan I had read about. Beefy enough sure, but Momoa seems to have the whole package. He's like Frazetta's Conan the Adventurer painting come to life...low brow, scarred face and body, dark hair, adequatly muscled.

I have to say, I would like to see a Hot Toys Momoa Conan first and then follow up with an Arnold Conan...

Reboots are all the rage in Hollywood, so we just have to deal with it.

I think this is a franchise that could use a good reboot. I would love to see a solid series of Conan movies. Arnold only made one good Conan, in my opinion.

And for anyone who is so against Momoa as Conan, then just go watch the original and read Conan stories. Its not like Momoa being the new Conan is gonna suddenly make all previous Conan material disappear :duh

That said, I still want a HT Arnold Conan.

Reboots are all the rage in Hollywood, so we just have to deal with it.

I think this is a franchise that could use a good reboot. I would love to see a solid series of Conan movies. Arnold only made one good Conan, in my opinion.

And for anyone who is so against Momoa as Conan, then just go watch the original and read Conan stories. Its not like Momoa being the new Conan is gonna suddenly make all previous Conan material disappear :duh

That said, I still want a HT Arnold Conan.

Ummm, what he said :exactly: :goodpost: :exactly:

I'm not for or against reboot/remakes, but they are here to stay it would appear.

I just think some people get so locked in their nostalgia or appreciation for a character or franchise, they cant see past it. Which is fine I suppose, but a fresh take on an existing property isn't the cataclysmic event some people make it out to be.

If it works, fine, you get something new to enjoy. If it fails, fine, you still have the original source material to enjoy.

Anyway, I want my F'n Hot Toys Conan :tap

They would've been wiser to shoot a Conan the King movie and be done with it.

That was going to happen at one stage.

Millus wrote a mammoth 160+ page script called 'Conan: Crown of Iron' that was to star Arnie as King Conan.

Its online and easy to find for anyone that wants to google.
Its very rough but it was the first draft.

Arnie becoming the Governator killed the project off.

I'm not for or against reboot/remakes, but they are here to stay it would appear.

I just think some people get so locked in their nostalgia or appreciation for a character or franchise, they cant see past it. Which is fine I suppose, but a fresh take on an existing property isn't the cataclysmic event some people make it out to be.

If it works, fine, you get something new to enjoy. If it fails, fine, you still have the original source material to enjoy.

Anyway, I want my F'n Hot Toys Conan :tap

Ummm, what he said :exactly: :goodpost: :exactly:

:lol

I too would definitely prefer a Momoa version from Hot Toys. He just looks better in my opinion. He fits the part.

I'm sure Hot Toys will bring out both versions and please all Conan fans.

I'd buy both, Momoa and Arnold Conan if Hot Toys finally makes them. Conan is my favourite comic character so I would love to see a Hot Toys figure of Conan and I don't really mind which version, just give me one at least :pray:

Anyway I made my own Arnold some time ago:

Conan079.jpg

Conan4.jpg

I actualy rather like the New actor. He has a vary.. barbaric feel to him. He was ok, on Stargate atlantis, and Rather enjoyable in Game of Thrones.

I Think He'll make a fine Conan.

AND I'd like to See HT make one :D

dammit!
I thought this thread was being bumped because of Hot Toys making an announcement.

I wouldn't have cared if it was Arnie or Mamoa. Just gimme 12" HT Conan !

Back