Hot Toys 12" Apollo Creed & Ivan Drago

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ivan yeah! I'm thinking He-Man and Punisher customs! I don't think they got Creed right though. I love me the Rocky movies but I can't start with this line, the only 1 I'd consider is Clubber, I mean it's T! I just can't do this too though, yeeeesh! But Drago looks killer!

Apollo is dreadful,hopefully once its released it will be better.:confused:

269ref3-big_3x4.jpg

pjam said:
Drago looks awesome, seems they didn't get Carl Weathers' likeness for some reason, which will hurt the Predator line when it comes out IMO, but hey, that's what lonnie is here for, not a real biggie.

Does blister "style" mean "blister exclusive" limited to Asian stores? I would think these will most certainly be distributed in the US...

Yeah, Carl Weathers' must be hurtin' for money, because they say he's asking ridiculous sums for licensing and appearances. Stallone told an interviewer that Apollo was written into the original Balboa script as a flashback. However, Weathers asked for some crazy sum for what Stallone called "a 90 second cameo." So they went a different direction. I have never understood that. You give up money (sorry, money is money) and the chance to get you name back out there. Carl got a mini-revival with Happy Gilmore. You know that a cameo as his most famous character would have stirred enough nostalgia to get him a few gigs. Plus, he owes that character for his success. Oh well, so be it.

i just wish we knew more about the longevity of these rubber muscle bods. hate to have about $500 invested in these only to have a shelf full of liquid goo 3-4 years down the road. or dried cracks and splits. when did HT first come out w/ these? it was the PMC Contractor fig about a year ago wasn't it?

PosterBoyKelly said:
Ivan yeah! I'm thinking He-Man and Punisher customs! I don't think they got Creed right though. I love me the Rocky movies but I can't start with this line, the only 1 I'd consider is Clubber, I mean it's T! I just can't do this too though, yeeeesh! But Drago looks killer!

ABSOPOSILUTELY!!!!!
Frank Castle can be brought to life now!!! And a He-man custom on that muscle body? WHEW!!!!
:chew <this is where the ROCKY smiley would go>

My Rambo 2 figure that I have had for 2 years is already cracking under the arms. I have been extremely careful with him but it is just from normal drying and cracking. Don't know what will be left of him in another 10-20 years.

Ironman1188 said:
I have to admit, I'd be happy with just a set of the 4 heads and some accessories. :monkey5

Yep,that would have been ideal!

Anyone know of a dedicated Hot Toys Forum?,a lot of interest has been shown in the last year or so (even on here).My count alone with Hot Toys is 25+.

:monkey2 UGH.....%*&(#$&(#&$(@($&!!!

I told myself NO ROCKY FIGURES. I kept ignoring the pics and everything. Now with DRAGO....and I love the Apollo Creed set up with hat and robe.....there goes my wallet. :monkey2

Yeah. I was this close to starting a HT Rocky part in my collection last night - based on these pics.

I would also like to know if any retailer has these for pre-order. Jeez, Drago is just a Russian Beast, I have to at least get him.

I got too much on my plate. I gotta pass. Don't wanna. Gotta. But, uh, when they get around to Rocky One dressed in his street clothes and a Mickey. I'll be in trouble.

I suppose there's no one who's going to pick up a Drago for a Punisher custom.:rolleyes:

I ordered both from ABC Express. I couldn't pass on 'em. I love my T and Stallone! Hopefully there isn't too much more coming from this line.

To be honest, I think I've got all that I really want, though.

I passed on T in street clothes.

This is a pick and choose kind of line.

I wonder if there's a 1/6 ring out there. It shouldn't that expensive to make, but it would eat up a lot of table space to be sure.

Think we need a seperate HT and/or Medicom forum here? Maybe both in the same forum?

Back