Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Mini Review some of my thoughts comparison with Takara's version before the pics.

I like the new rubber suit, feels kinda like Takara but better. Its neither tacky, sticky nor does it attracts dust like a feather duster.

HT engineered the suit a little loose while still maintaining the body shape, so that there is enough room for the suit to stretch or buldge up when moving the arms & legs.

Seriously though, the rubber suit is very accurate except for the stomach muscle section, which I thought could be further improved to look like how it did in the movie. (I know I know Im nitpicking).
The arm guards are painted in a matt black colour and are really sharp, I much prefer the glossy look of Takara's which looks more accurate. (ouch!).

Articulation is very nicely done, surpassing Takara's version in most areas. HT included ankle articulation this time round, if you remove the boots, you will find that it is engineered very similiar to the Takara version. The only bad thing is, the rubber tends to bounce itself back when u pose the ankles. Balancing isnt very good with this figure because of that. I find it a little top heavy and the ankles not being strong enough to support it at certain poses.

For the bat headsculpt, I find that it lacks intensity, kinda like a stoned/blank expression (SS curse???). Mostly because of the way the eyes are painted, he just doesnt looks like batman who talks with that rough voice about to kick some criminal's butts.
Bruce Wayne sculpt is top notch though, I like it more than I like the Batman figure itself.

For the accessories, the Belt & the grapnel gun is nicely done, details are just amazing. You get two batarangs which unfortunately, doesnt like to stay on the belt 90% of the time. Pneumatic Mangler is a nice addition eventhough, Batman only used it once in TDK. You also get a left open palm hand, right relaxed hand, two fist and a right trigger hand and lastly a right holding hand for the batarangs. For the cape, I still prefer Takara's version as its bigger and hangs more naturally around Bats.

hehe kk enough talk time for the pics

2735353641_938a02fea8_o.jpg
Movie pic for comparison
2736144956_36e9beb83f_o.jpg

2736144718_67b87046d5_o.jpg

2735311275_6e75c347d6_o.jpg

2735311149_62ff65d617_o.jpg

2736144064_90eae3fde3_o.jpg

2736143754_8da1bcd473_o.jpg

Next Bruce Wayne!!!

Really like this head sculpt alot, the likeness to Christian Bale is uncanny!!!
I had more fun posing the Bruce Wayne figure as compared to Batman........ :p

2736143358_1565200016_o.jpg

2735309845_367ccb0152_o.jpg

2736142576_2b67a81688_o.jpg

2735309143_d1a5eb59c9_o.jpg

2735308885_a635ff1aa7_o.jpg

For the bat headsculpt, I find that it lacks intensity, kinda like a stoned/blank expression (SS curse???). Mostly because of the way the eyes are painted, he just doesnt looks like batman who talks with that rough voice about to kick some criminal's butts.

??? You said nothing about the cowlsculpt itself. It is probably the best ever made. Stoned look? :lol First time I heard that from any collector...

Maybe yours came out that way in paint apps?

Most of us have seen many pictures of this Guy now and I don't see a stoned look in one of them.

Anyway, thanks for the pics. They are great.

I think in these last few images, his eyes lack intensity, but so would Bale's if the lighting weren't right, but under Batman Lighting, this figure looks to have all the intensity it should, kudos HT :rock

??? You said nothing about the cowlsculpt itself. It is probably the best ever made. Stoned look? :lol First time I heard that from any collector...

Maybe yours came out that way in paint apps?

Most of us have seen many pictures of this Guy now and I don't see a stoned look in one of them.

Anyway, thanks for the pics. They are great.

Thats cos the Cowl Sculpt is perfect, I only have gripes with the eyes.

Maybe like what MaulFan said, he needed batman lightning, which I unfortunately do not have :(

Really great pics! What suit and body did you use? Looks like a great fit.

The Bruce head sculpt really is amazing. They even captured the veins that bulge under Christian's right eye.

Thks for the comment!
The suit is manufactured by actitoys, you can find more info at www.acitoys.com.
Forgot to mentioned that Im using a Hot Toys True Type body

RW23 - thks you :)

MaulFan - I hope you get yours soon, cant wait to see your pictures!

Last edited:
So what's the cheapest place you guys have seen the Saturday Toy's suits? I really only want the suit. I've got a true type to put it on. Any help would be awesome.

Yeah its a scar from a highschool sports injury.

I just wish he'd do something with that mole on the side of his nose! :google That thing bugs me so much!

I find it like a trademark for him, like the one Ewan McGreggor has on his forehead.

I never noticed it until I got my Andy B. head, i thought it was a sculpting error and then I looked at Bale pics and I was like, nope, it's a moooooole....moley moley moley.

Well with all the cool pics shown on here recently I've broken down and bought one of these figures. I can't wait to add this to my collection !

I also can't wait to see what Sean does with his figure, he certainly has an eye for a good picture !

So what's the cheapest place you guys have seen the Saturday Toy's suits? I really only want the suit. I've got a true type to put it on. Any help would be awesome.

Me too! I need to put Bruces head on a body with the Saturday toys suit. Any suggestions?

Well with all the cool pics shown on here recently I've broken down and bought one of these figures. I can't wait to add this to my collection !

I also can't wait to see what Sean does with his figure, he certainly has an eye for a good picture !

a wise choice my friend and one that you will not regret....these figures are truly bad@$$!!! you should definately consider getting the joker too.

Back