Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've grown tired of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight related items, I've certainly had my fill. The TDK 2007-2011 run has been good to me and my collection, I really enjoyed it but it's time to move on.
:horror: are you selling your TDK goodies?????

Cant disagree with that, he really is :)

I'm judging by this photo:

5334958443_e996ef6e9e.jpg

HT's sculpt is perfect in terms of proportions and Adam's vers seems to be bigggggger :monkey3
Mb it's all about his widerness, I dunno

I don't own the HT OC bat, but in pics the neck is too long when compared to the real cowl... actually compared to real human anatomy (see page one of this thread to illustrate). This is a pattern with HT. They make necks too long and heads too small. Adam's head addresses both problems... but I do worry a little that it is too wide...

How can anyone have such crazy obsessed love with a film from 2008. Or 2005. It makes the obsessed funny videos of Sam and Frodo look mellow. It's 2011 and the behaviour from some you'd think the film just came out yesterday as in any discussion about Nolan films.

It's only been 6 years since Batman Begins. Look at Star Wars ('77), Indy ('81), or Predator ('87) fans. Still celebrating/obsessing over these films/characters after all these years. It's fun and makes people happy...I'm not sure what the problem is. :dunno

It's only been 6 years since Batman Begins. Look at Star Wars ('77), Indy ('81), or Predator ('87) fans. Still celebrating/obsessing over these films/characters after all these years. It's fun and makes people happy...I'm not sure what the problem is. :dunno

:lecture :gun

I don't know about vodoun, but I was talking about merchandise and product specifically.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are great, I love em but I've been burned out as far as collectibles go. Those other films you mentioned Pennyworth are different, except maybe Star Wars. Star Wars is terrible when it comes to this aspect. It's bloated and excessive, there's just too much to even appreciate it. One of the reasons I've completely abandoned it for the most part.

When it comes to the others, fans waited decades for some of those other licenses to come into fruition, some are still waiting, patiently. So of course there's still life when it comes to them. There's no comparison between those 20-25+ year old films and a film that came out a few years ago.

As far as Terminator and the older Batman films go, I, like others have been waiting almost two decades for this kind of stuff.

With Batman Begins and The Dark Knight it's different. The hype started in 2007 and merchandise/collectibles that would have taken years, YEARS to be brought out snowballed into this giant phenomenon that has lasted for almost 5 years.

People still want more for some reason though. We got our Batmans, tons of them, there's plenty of choices with the Joker, we have more characters with the likes of Two-Face, Dent and Scarecrow. The desire for MOAR baffles me, especially when it's not for the likes of Ras al Ghul but more variations of Batman and The Joker.

I guess talks of more this and more that and the same discussions about capes and eyes for the past 5 years have made me grown tired of it. When it comes to The Dark Knight there is literally nothing left to talk about.

It's actually the thread for The Dark Knight Original Suit Batman, not Batman Begins.

If this was the thread for the 2005 Hot Toys figure, I'd agree with you.

I am a little burned out on TDK stuff, but I do really look forward to what is coming down the pipe with TDKR. Of course, that will depend a lot on what the actual characters look like in the film.

I don't know about vodoun, but I was talking about merchandise and product specifically.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are great, I love em but I've been burned out as far as collectibles go. Those other films you mentioned Pennyworth are different, except maybe Star Wars. Star Wars is terrible when it comes to this aspect. It's bloated and excessive, there's just too much to even appreciate it. One of the reasons I've completely abandoned it for the most part.

When it comes to the others, fans waited decades for some of those other licenses to come into fruition, some are still waiting, patiently. So of course there's still life when it comes to them. There's no comparison between those 20-25+ year old films and a film that came out a few years ago.

As far as Terminator and the older Batman films go, I, like others have been waiting almost two decades for this kind of stuff.

With Batman Begins and The Dark Knight it's different. The hype started in 2007 and merchandise/collectibles that would have taken years, YEARS to be brought out snowballed into this giant phenomenon that has lasted for almost 5 years.

People still want more for some reason though. We got our Batmans, tons of them, there's plenty of choices with the Joker, we have more characters with the likes of Two-Face, Dent and Scarecrow. The desire for MOAR baffles me, especially when it's not for the likes of Ras al Ghul but more variations of Batman and The Joker.

I guess talks of more this and more that and the same discussions about capes and eyes for the past 5 years have made me grown tired of it. When it comes to The Dark Knight there is literally nothing left to talk about.

I think I hear what your saying DiFabio.

If I was someone who had a wide variety of collecting interests and had been waiting for Indiana Jones releases or Terminator figures, I could totally understand the frustration.

Since I mainly collect BB/TDK related stuff, the quick development/distribution and endless avalanche of TDK figures/variants/customs only feeds my fun. As someone who is new to 1:6 (2 years in), the volume of product behind these films has spoiled me and made collecting easy (more instant gratification) albeit, expensive. :panic:

There isn't any.

Last edited:
Di, I think you should start a Batman Forever Hot Toys wish list thread. :)

It was my favorite Batman movie as a kid... then i went through this period in which i thought it was dumb. I've recently re-watched it and its really not that bad. I enjoy it and would definitely buy a Kilmer Batman.

It was my favorite Batman movie as a kid... then i went through this period in which i thought it was dumb. I've recently re-watched it and its really not that bad. I enjoy it and would definitely buy a Kilmer Batman.

Then it has this mystique to it with all those deleted scenes that were cut from the film. I'm sure not many fans are aware of it, but Forever totally got the ____ed by Warner Bros. in an effort to brighten it up and make it more appealing to a wider range of audiences.

There's atleast a half an hour of filmed footage. Some of it unfinished on the DVD/Blu Ray sets and some that's never been seen by audiences. Most of it's dark, psychological stuff.

Di, I think you should start a Batman Forever Hot Toys wish list thread. :)

Not before Batman Returns and not until I see some '89 Batman and Joker product, and a Begins Ras Al Ghul.

This is not in reply to any specific recent posts.

Question:

Why should any man question another man's collecting habits?

I admit that I have some trouble with this myself. For example I have tried to convince others to open their collectibles. But if they prefer a NRFB collection, who am I to judge.

If someone wants a strictly Nolan collection, who am I to judge.

If someone wants to customize there figures, who am I to judge.

Perhaps the best question is: what right do I have to say that someone with different collecting habits is ruining my hobby?

Not before Batman Returns and not until I see some '89 Batman and Joker product, and a Begins Ras Al Ghul.

I was joking about the wishlist. ;)

But yes, those need to come first. And for the record, I would gladly buy anything Hot Toys made from Forever. :rock

Love the new sig and avy! Cool the way the gifs are staggered.

Back