Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20080524ed1e80456989ef1bs6.jpg

Just a reminder of what this bad boy looks like.

I really must resist the possiblilty of owning this beautiful creation, but I just can't stop looking at it.
Is it wrong to love an image of a toy car?:monkey5:google

The pic of the NYC toysrus car is the actual 1/3 scale model used on the rooftop scenes. I have a ton of pics of it, and you can see various parts are broken from wear and tear.
Here is a couple of new pics of my 1/1 scale I've been building. yes, fully functional. I just added 4 upper air foils, and now the hatch opens automatically. beast of a project.
prog98.jpg

prog100.jpg

prog102.jpg

hope to have some vid of it soon to post.

The pic of the NYC toysrus car is the actual 1/3 scale model used on the rooftop scenes. I have a ton of pics of it, and you can see various parts are broken from wear and tear.
Here is a couple of new pics of my 1/1 scale I've been building. yes, fully functional. I just added 4 upper air foils, and now the hatch opens automatically. beast of a project.
prog98.jpg

prog100.jpg

prog102.jpg

Mate, now you had to go and spoil it. :D

How are we supposed to get excited about a Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler knowing that there is something this awesome out there. :google

Many people are going to cry themselves to sleep seeing that beauty in such a casual setting. This is the sort of thing that people only expect to see on the big screen. Well done :clap

prog98.jpg

prog100.jpg

prog102.jpg

Does it have jet propulsion? Seriously, that thing looks awesome.

That is one serious ride. How long did it take to put together?

prog98.jpg

prog100.jpg

prog102.jpg

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 WHY GOD WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is one serious ride. How long did it take to put together?

I started it in the spring of 05'. I work on it mostly in spring, summer, and fall. winters here get way too cold to work in the garage, even with a heater. I used the movie, and the SE DVD as reference. I built it from using photos, not some blueprint. like you would a likeness bust, which is mostly what I do, copy stuff from photos. Still have a ways to go, but on the down side now.
I tried to stay as close as I could to the original both in chassis, and body. Had to fab even small brackets, even those goldish triangle bars holding the air foils. almost everything cept the tires had to be scratch built. I used a high-temp epoxy reinforced with fiberglass matte, and kevlar on the body. and various types of steel throughout the chassis. the tough project, but the level of satisfaction is very high.

prog98.jpg

prog100.jpg

prog102.jpg

Wow is all I have to say. That is an awsome work to re-create the Tumbler. You are very skilled at that and your work shows that. If you can post some pictures of the interior.
Oh and how's the gas mileage on that beast:naughty

prog98.jpg

prog100.jpg

prog102.jpg

I just wanted to quote all the pics too!

yep functional. interior will also be decked out ala the interior shots in BB, and the art of book.
much thanks for the comps guys, I didn't mean to highjack the thread here. Having said that, if you have any more pics of the hot wheels post 'em, and If you want I will check it for accuracy for you. The pic that is to be the box cover looks pretty good.
When I started building this, I looked at every available toy, model kit, and stayed away from them because they were at least to some degree inaccurate. There is also small differences between the 5 cars they built, and a few differences between that and the 1/3 scale they used for the rooftop scenes.

Hey Bob...great work again on the Tumbler!

So the inside will indeed be a two-seater like it was in the movie?

yup.

I'll tell you a funny thing about this car. when I got the gun bay area in place (thing between the 2 front tires). first thing I did was position myself like in the movie where he shoots the guns at the wall. Now I didn't think you would be able to see squat through the side windows, or the small amount in the middle. but whoa, visability isn't bad at all. I think it's cause your right out in front of the car. you can't see to the extreme left or right, but everything in front is pretty clear. If I were nuts enough and placed a side/rear camera you could accually drive it prone. Maybe someday I might mess with that. I would have to have a device that could control the rack and pinion, which in that spot would actually be above your head. So you would be driving this thing like you were on a motocycle.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back