Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay question, and please forgive me here if this is stupid. But I couldn't find the answer.

First, is there confirmation on the Batmobile by Hot Toys?

Second, when does it come out?

Third, is the Bat Pod confirmed?

Fourth, when does the Bat Pod come out.

Fifth, can I have one of each?

:banana

Okay question, and please forgive me here if this is stupid. But I couldn't find the answer.

First, is there confirmation on the Batmobile by Hot Toys?

Second, when does it come out?

Third, is the Bat Pod confirmed?

Fourth, when does the Bat Pod come out.

Fifth, can I have one of each?

:banana

The answer to all your questions is that everything is unconfirmed right now. Hot Toys has not come out and confirmed these two products so there is no release date. There was a magazine scan showing prototype pics but Hot Toys isn't even mentioned. However it makes sense to assume that Hot Toys is the company making these if they are indeed released (I see no reason why they won't be if they were previewed in a magazine).

The answer to all your questions is that everything is unconfirmed right now. Hot Toys has not come out and confirmed these two products so there is no release date. There was a magazine scan showing prototype pics but Hot Toys isn't even mentioned. However it makes sense to assume that Hot Toys is the company making these if they are indeed released (I see no reason why they won't be if they were previewed in a magazine).

That pic was a Hot Toys jpeg pic so I'm fairly comfortable in thinking the Tumbler will be one of the June announcements. The Batpod looks more like something in development but you never know.

We should see plenty of Pics of these June announcement items displayed at SDCC. I would expect a fairly quick turnaround until they are released.

I say this because the Batman and Joker Figs were planned for a very quick turnaround, like 6 weeks between announcement and release dates. But if they make a tumbler it will prolly take longer.

I would suspect they will be released this year. I hope!

You are right! I took another look and they have Hot Toys' email at the very bottom. I think it will be next week cause this week they already revealed two M-Icon figures. They usually only announce new products once a week.

You are right! I took another look and they have Hot Toys' email at the very bottom. I think it will be next week cause this week they already revealed two M-Icon figures. They usually only announce new products once a week.

Stick with me kid. :lol Seriously, The Tumbler is a safe bet.

No question that these will be released....but I doubt they'll be shown at SDCC though. DC Direct wouldn't like that very much.

No question that these will be released....but I doubt they'll be shown at SDCC though. DC Direct wouldn't like that very much.

The new HT TDK figs have been displayed in Asia Toy Fairs. Mattel has released TDK figs (Harvey, Joker and Goons)... point is some of it is out there.

AND The Tumbler was in Begins, no worries there. Display it, we've seen it. The Batpod, yeah maybe, but there are thousands of Posters of the Batpod already displayed too.

But I'm not sure they will announce a Batpod in June. Some of us think it may just be the Tumbler and maybe cosababies or something for the very reason you mention.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that they can't be shown because of an agreement with WB not to show the stuff. Its that they won't be distributed in the USA so they won't be shown at SDCC. And I hope you are right and they announce the Batpod further down the line. I don't want to pay for these two at the same time. So hopefully it will be Tumbler, another Bust, and Cosbabies.

pjam, your batman signature makes me sick! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Sick with JEALOUSLY! I pray, yes PRAY, that I can make mine pose that awesome when I get one!

Thanks for the info, I hope I can actually afford these. I will probably go with the Bat Pod, if it is 1:6, because that will just be AWESOME!

This is me shooting the bad guys :gun

The new HT TDK figs have been displayed in Asia Toy Fairs. Mattel has released TDK figs (Harvey, Joker and Goons)... point is some of it is out there.

AND The Tumbler was in Begins, no worries there. Display it, we've seen it. The Batpod, yeah maybe, but there are thousands of Posters of the Batpod already displayed too.

But I'm not sure they will announce a Batpod in June. Some of us think it may just be the Tumbler and maybe cosababies or something for the very reason you mention.

Hey, what do I know. :lol

It's all just BLAHBLAHBLAH. :lol

We'll know all soon enough.

I'd be surprised if we see any HT TDK product at SDCC. Sideshow would normally show any new HT, but they can't carry these and HT doesn't have their own booth. Also they are SUPPOSED to be Asian exclusives, so technically pointless to display at SDCC.

I dread to think what would happen if we're wrong and they dont release the tumbler n' pod! I'd be crushed:monkey2

I love how you plead us to stay on topic, but you continue to throw your two cents about the two franchises as the very last word spoken on the subject.

see it as a final last word about that :)

Last edited:
Oh? Who? I'm only finding Brando and Dean on their site....

They announced 3 figures (one is an auction site exclusive with only 40 being made, ,with all proceeds going to charity) they're all of the huge Hong Kong music star Wong Ka Kui (now we know that M don't just stand for movies, although he did make a few!), here they are-

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=17&pid=373

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=17&pid=374

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=17&pid=375

Found these pics but I must stress that I'm not 100% sure that it is the Hot Toys version. It looks humongous.

dsc09989ug1.jpg

dsc09940nz3.jpg
This scale model could be a prop from the first movie. Here in NYC Toys R Us displayed a scale model Tumbler used for certain scenes and we all know they make multiple props for movies. It was on display around the time BB came out and since this picture isn't dated it could be one of those props. I remember it was displayed in much the same fashion as this with the plexiglass and metal base.

*Also, if you look again you'll see toy packages around the display --- my money is that this is one of the TRU displays.

This scale model could be a prop from the first movie. Here in NYC Toys R Us displayed a scale model Tumbler used for certain scenes and we all know they make multiple props for movies. It was on display around the time BB came out and since this picture isn't dated it could be one of those props. I remember it was displayed in much the same fashion as this with the plexiglass and metal base.

*Also, if you look again you'll see toy packages around the display --- my money is that this is one of the TRU displays.

I can confirm the above pictures is the 1/5 Batmobile radio controlled prop used for the rooftop scenes in Batman Begins. Those are the NYC Toys R Us images from a few years back during the movie's promotional run.

It is NOT the smaller 1/6 Hot Toys Tumbler.

BOBBY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back