Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on the forum was selling one, for $1300 or something.. or maybe saw it on eBay, don't remember... Anyway, anything over $550-600 is just too much..

Agreed. That auction is being run by a shop out of San Francisco that's been around a long, long time but has always had out of this world prices on anything that just may be worth a little bit. Sad really.

The funny part is that we all know there are very wealthy individuals out there that could easily purchase a HT Tumbler for their collection or their kids collection without even breaking a sweat.

But get this, even the extremely wealthy would go on Ebay and pay the cheapest price for the Tumbler, which is a few thousand below that crazy listing.

So that person isn't even going to get the business from a wealthy person because they're so greedy by asking over 3K.

Unless the other 10 listings (the most i've seen for the Tumbler in a long while) decide to increase their price to 3K to match his/hers. then why even bother listing a crazy price like that to begin with :dunno

Stupid Ebay Sellers

Unless the other 10 listings (the most i've seen for the Tumbler in a long while) decide to increase their price to 3K to match his/hers. then why even bother listing a crazy price like that to begin with :dunno

Stupid Ebay Sellers

Yeah that always puzzles me. Do these guys not know that any search will bring up most of the other listings for the item in question and would-be customers will quite obviously go for cheaper listings?

Someone on the forum was selling one, for $1300 or something.. or maybe saw it on eBay, don't remember... Anyway, anything over $550-600 is just too much..

Eh? Yesterday you were recommending for me to sell my DX Batman this year and maybe get 400+ for it but you think the Tumbler should only get 550? That doesn't compute

Yeah that always puzzles me. Do these guys not know that any search will bring up most of the other listings for the item in question and would-be customers will quite obviously go for cheaper listings?
The reason for doing that is that it is low risk, high potential reward. Listing a $1,000+ item on eBay only costs a couple bucks. And all you need is one bidder who doesn't know how to search for ended auctions/impulse buyer/rich person to make it worth your while to do.

This is my fav :rotfl

Locally, charged extra fees when items r from the US, we collected personally! mtfmusk ( 9 ) Nov-26-11 08:08
====================================================
Reply by bang!bang!! (Nov-26-11 09:57):
Open Your Eyes read Terms Seller is not responsible Duties Tax for Oversea Order

Couldn't sell mine even if I wanted to, the other half wouldn't let me as its one thing in my collection she seems to love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back