Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Facebook rumor is a bit vague... No link to prove it, no scan, no mail, nothing. A reissue of the tumbler and the pod is a given, but i think that this rumour should be taken with a grain of salt

Distributors get information earlier than everyone else. We will know in due time. I'm interested in getting the tumbler if it is true. As it stands, I am definitely going to pick up 89 Batman and Joker. The batmobile is a pending decision and price will vary. If it comes out late in 2012 it's 90% chance pick up.

If the tumbler is true, I might just hold off on 89 batmobile and have 89 Batman Joker combo without vehicle heh...

I'm swayed. I was a big 89 Batman fan, but I am more into the Nolanverse now.

True, but we have to assume that the person who claimed to have heard the rumor wrote the trhuth... and without an official statement from the distributor this news proves nothing ^_^

I have been considering selling my BatPod and Tumbler. They are taking up so much space, plus the need for funds to support the 89 collection.

They're not going to make the Batwing from The Dark Knight Rises. If they do, it won't be accurate.

The thing is bigger than two Tumblers and while it might not be as big as the '89 Batwing, it is much taller than it. I don't see it happening.

The size, the price, all the labor that would go into it, plus the need for a stand or something to keep it from falling over. Nah.

They're not going to make the Batwing from The Dark Knight Rises. If they do, it won't be accurate.

The thing is bigger than two Tumblers and while it might not be as big as the '89 Batwing, it is much taller than it. I don't see it happening.

The size, the price, all the labor that would go into it, plus the need for a stand or something to keep it from falling over. Nah.

:exactly: And if they do, mmm I think it will be for no less than $1000+shipping

People laughed at the idea of a 1/6 Tumbler back in the day too.Hot Toys changed the game re 1/6 vehicles.

People laughed at the idea of a 1/6 Tumbler back in the day too.Hot Toys changed the game re 1/6 vehicles.

The Tumbler was a ground vehicle with wheels that didn't need additional support. It was no bigger than a 1/6 RC car that you could get from Toys R Us.

The Dark Knight Rises is a completely different animal. Making it in 1/6 form just isn't feasible. If they do make it, no way would it be the right scale or accurate.

- The design
- More intricate parts than the Tumbler
- Those canons and back (it would tip due to the weight)
- The need for a heavy duty base to support it

- The price
- QC issues (we thought the Tumbler had problems, just imagine the parts on this thing)

Hot Toys stated they had a financial loss with the Tumbler and that they priced it wrong. People are complaining that the '89 Batmobile will be too expensive and that if it is, they'll be passing. So just think about this damn thing. It's as big as two Tumblers, there goes space. It needs a base, there's extra cost to support it from falling.

I don't see it happening and if it does it'll either be too expensive, inaccurate or both.

I suspect a Tumbler re-release, a Batpod re-release and a camo Tumbler. Hot Toys shouldn't bother with the '89 Batwing or the TDKR Batwing.

Im thinking about selling my tumbler to make money for the Batmobile 89... And may be buy a new tumbler if HT re-do it

That's why I question that rumor, honestly. I cannot see the Bat-Plane happening.

Oh but they will do another Tumbler !! ... Trust me, they will...

If they do, I will quite collect ht, there is no value for ht and the price is just going down when they re do it.

If they do, I will quite collect ht, there is no value for ht and the price is just going down when they re do it.

I really don't think so, let's see some examples:

1) Batman OC (now $300+, retail $150) ----> Rerelease 2011 Batman Begins $225

2) Batman TDK V1 (now $275+, retail $160) ---> rerelease Batman DX02 (today's price ..... $400? )

3) Joker V1 (now $200 ? , retail $153) --- > rerelease Joker Bank robber (now $ 300+, retail $160) ----> rererelease Joker DX (retail $213, now $400+)

Ok I am not sure aboul all prices, and about what joker was first and which one came out later, but the thing is even with all the rereleases none of the figures' price went down on the secondary market, they just stop of going up... But I think what you are trying to say is the current price of the tumbler ($1000+) is probably going down if HT rerelease it. Well maybe, but the price is never going down less than the retail price, plus, if you are not going to sale I don't see why you are going to stop buying from HT (I don't think it is possible stop buying from HT anyway :rotfl ).. I mean we collect figures because we like it, not because their marker value... Or that is the way I think anyway.

I really don't think so, let's see some examples:

1) Batman OC (now $300+, retail $150) ----> Rerelease 2011 Batman Begins $225

2) Batman TDK V1 (now $275+, retail $160) ---> rerelease Batman DX02 (today's price ..... $400? )

3) Joker V1 (now $200 ? , retail $153) --- > rerelease Joker Bank robber (now $ 300+, retail $160) ----> rererelease Joker DX (retail $213, now $400+)

Ok I am not sure aboul all prices, and about what joker was first and which one came out later, but the thing is even with all the rereleases none of the figures' price went down on the secondary market, they just stop of going up... But I think what you are trying to say is the current price of the tumbler ($1000+) is probably going down if HT rerelease it. Well maybe, but the price is never going down less than the retail price, plus, if you are not going to sale I don't see why you are going to stop buying from HT (I don't think it is possible stop buying from HT anyway :rotfl ).. I mean we collect figures because we like it, not because their marker value... Or that is the way I think anyway.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

Even if the secondary selling market prices does fall. I believe that it will rise again when the price of the new released item begins to rise (Which it will).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back