Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool...where did you get that ? who makes it ??

Sorry not much time to check out this forum and post even less these days and you dug deep for this?? :p
Also not sure but I assume you are asking bout the display and not the MR MF? It was proposed by FigureFreak and it is the Ikea Granas Coffeetable. Modified the shelf to sit lower and will (still have to) make an MDF base to add some acrylic side panels. Just have not had time to do anything since the new arrival as I sitll have to make a bunch of acrylic cases I promised few members here

awesome pic's...by the way if anyone is in canada Toys2.net has a tumbler for sale on their website. Unfortunately only for pickup.

If you really really want it you should ask Eric if he would be wiling to ship it and worst case I could ship it for you too. But I do hope you already have gotton your hands on it somehow cheaper ;)

Sorry not much time to check out this forum and post even less these days and you dug deep for this?? :p
Also not sure but I assume you are asking bout the display and not the MR MF? It was proposed by FigureFreak and it is the Ikea Granas Coffeetable. Modified the shelf to sit lower and will (still have to) make an MDF base to add some acrylic side panels. Just have not had time to do anything since the new arrival as I sitll have to make a bunch of acrylic cases I promised few members here

If you really really want it you should ask Eric if he would be wiling to ship it and worst case I could ship it for you too. But I do hope you already have gotton your hands on it somehow cheaper ;)

I have purchased a Tumbler ..but, the rest is top secret :yess: I figured I would let the guys know on here that Toys2.net has one that a client failed to pickup. By the way thank you for the offer :clap

I would love to see some of your acrylic cases.. I am going to need one for the tumbler..that I am waiting for. I actually was asking about the Millenium Falcon . Do you have prices , pic's etc on the cases ?

Oh I picked up the Master replica Millenium Falcon from my LCS Silver Snail in Toronto, their last one.. floor demo. It was $$ but they had a sale and with stock pretty much like Tumbler .... dry..... I just had to have it before it becomes obscene $$$$
I will try to make a bunch of cases over the holidays and contact those ppl that have been waiting patiently for me to get of my ars :p
case4.jpg

case4.jpg

my collection is here
As for prices I have to contact my supplier and get updated material prices first before I can confirm pricing but typically a case without a base with dimensions to allow a batman to stand beside it at 1/4" thick is around $160. Shipping is really what makes it expensive depending on where you are

to really answer your question,the paint mods include-bead locks on rear wheels painted black-upper suspension painted anodized blue on top of coil springs.and silver on various body panels edges just as you mentioned to replicate scraped metal.to keep the tumbler from looking so plastic looking.I still have some more paint mods to do.I have used many reference photos of the real Tumblers that were used in both movies.

What size are the beadlocks? as I'm interested in doing this mod! I so want to order a pair from Tower hobbies, but I need to know the exact measurements. Thanks bro :) Also do you have anymore pics of your Tumbler with the mods?

Say does anyone have the red batpod pegs that you could sell to me? ..i also need the screw that holds down the battery lid, iasked in the for sale section already but no luck ..just pm me if you want to sell them to me:)

Oh I picked up the Master replica Millenium Falcon from my LCS Silver Snail in Toronto, their last one.. floor demo. It was $$ but they had a sale and with stock pretty much like Tumbler .... dry..... I just had to have it before it becomes obscene $$$$
I will try to make a bunch of cases over the holidays and contact those ppl that have been waiting patiently for me to get of my ars :p
case4.jpg

case4.jpg

my collection is here
As for prices I have to contact my supplier and get updated material prices first before I can confirm pricing but typically a case without a base with dimensions to allow a batman to stand beside it at 1/4" thick is around $160. Shipping is really what makes it expensive depending on where you are

Dude...you have serious set up and a really awesome collection. Mine is similar but, much simpler. I will have to take picks and post it here. I am thinking of hitting you up for a case that will house the tumbler and TKD Batman Begins. I seriously have to look at allocated funds ..since I am currently tapped out. I cleaned out some of my military fig's (Thank you to all who have purchased ) in order to come up with the cash to buy the tumbler. I also have allocated funds for one of two fig's I want. So as you can see I will have to really think things over. Anyhow I will hit you up on pm.

Back to you...I went through your thread and loved how you simulated things to fit the last two movies.

I hear that we will not have anything from the third movie...HT is claiming they will not be a part of the next movie ? Will Takara jump back on the batman ship ? Can anyone shed some light ??

It would be sad if the last few issues is scaring HT off as they should take this challenge head on to try to come out on top. They have a year+ to experiment with materials and those experiences may come in handy for other superhero costumes?
But then again it is possible that the resellers are going to also shy away from stocking up on potentially problematic parts as well.......
I sure hope they will be taking this on as I love my TDK collection especially the Tumbler/Batpod and the two DXes

I just picked up the Tumbler...OMG:eek This thing is huge...now to find the right shelf. lol... This thing is awesome. I want to shout out a big thanks to nyc1962 for a great buy. This is my grail !!! And I thought I would not have one..lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back