Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check Toys Daily for better photo
https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-100048-1-1.html
Tumbler's bottom is quite plain not much detail
DSC09931-1-2.jpg

:D

:duh Doesn't look too good at this angle...perhaps could add some details, anyway still a very cool vehicle. I have seen it on display and its really huge. VERY big packaging as well...

Granted most of us aren't going to be displaying the bottom of this thing, but wow, that doesn't look like a 500 MRSP dollar toy to me. I wished we had some pics of the real Tumbler's bottom... Yes, I am perverted.

Of course I am still getting this bad boy.

My god thats horrible!! :horror We can't have it all I guess. But yeah, no one will be displaying this thing upside down. Even when it got destroyed it ended up the right way up.

To be honest if I remember correctly, the car started doing cartwheels and such I recall seeing a solid base on the real thing.

would it be possible to get a picture of the interior dash on the driver's side? (I see they have pics of the middle and passenger side dash). Can't wait to get this bad boy...

Man this thing really isn't that impressive is it? The final product is nothing like I thought it would be. Other than Hot Toy's product/prototype ads I haven't seen one in hand pic that has blown me away. It's ashame. It's big sure, but it just doesn't look like it should cost 500 dollars in my opinion. The detail (or lack thereof) on the bottom doesn't bother me, the interior was the turn off. The only thing it's got going for it is it's scale.

The Batpod is definately a better buy in my opinion.

Man this thing really isn't that impressive is it? The final product is nothing like I thought it would be. Other than Hot Toy's product/prototype ads I haven't seen one in hand pic that has blown me away. It's ashame. It's big sure, but it just doesn't look like it should cost 500 dollars in my opinion. The detail (or lack thereof) on the bottom doesn't bother me, the interior was the turn off. The only thing it's got going for it is it's scale.

I’m not feeling the same.:rolleyes:

I think it looks amazing and can’t wait to get it. :D

:banana

It might just be the pics people have taken from different, less flattering angles. I still have yet to see a pic of the details on the dash.

The shots of it on the assembly line were just gorgeous, but then the people that now own it take pics of it with the flash on and you see these exposed wires, screws and seperations in the mold. The shots of the figures inside the interior just looks awkward.

I would hope, as with most things that in person it's a hell of alot better.

Last edited:
It might just be the pics people have taken from different, less flattering angles. I still have yet to see a pic of the details on the dash.

The shots of it on the asembly line were just gorgeous, but then the people that now own it take pics of it with the flash on and you see these exposed wires, screws and seperations in the mold. The shots of the figures inside the interior just looks awkward.

I would hope, as with most things that in person it's a hell of alot better.

I have to agree with DF...

I ordered and then cancelled when it was first delayed back in fall 08 and i'm glad that I did.

While I don't think it looks horrible per se, it doesn't seem $500 + worthy.

I've seen only a few well lit night pictures with it sitting on concrete where it look kinda cool and bad ass, those can be found some pages back.

But overall too plastic and toy looking for me.

Not the worse Batman thing out there that's for sure but damn if I wasn't expecting it to look...well.....better.....

Pod is better.

meh it is a toy lol and it is huge, and it has got lites and the top opening just like the first movie, the general details are amazing. why we have to nit pick about a few wires? or some lack of detail on the skid plate on bottom? hell do we even get a good look at the underside of the tumbler in the movies? whats is is exactly is it supposed to look like?

who makes a better tumbler? noone. who is going to make a better one? probably noone. will there ever be another tumbler made? possibly tdk was the end of the tumbler, but we shall see.

but is anyone is that disappointed with theirs and wants to give it to me i would be more than thrilled with it, even tho i would have to clear an entire book shelf off to put it anywhere. but i promise it would have a good home with someone that will love it dearly, and wont be resold to anyone as long as i have it.

the 500 price tag is a tad steep you could find them on pre order much cheaper if you looked but with the limited production run of what was it 3000? they could either escalate quickly if they sell well or they could tumble if after the initial rush alot sit in suppliers warehouses.

This thing looks awesome, not for me, but it's awesome.

I had the first laugh when you posted your already famous

"SOMEONE TAKE BOTTOM SHOTS OF THE TUMBLER!"

:lol

That looked quite serious from you, and now you try to tell us that you are the one having fun :)
Somehow I imagine you to be a guy like this one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc afther he still has not seen a picture of the bottom of the tumbler
Dude, you obviously don't know the first thing about Eli, he gets excited over this stuff but means no harm. I see nothing serious about what he wrote, if anything he's happy for you and wants to see more of your new toy. Relax and don't take ^^^^ so seriously.

Since people don't get my silly goofball behavior on here, can someone, and puts it as kindly and sweetly as possible... please take pictures of the Tumbler's bottom. Thanks in advance! :joy
Yeah, 'cause everyone is always so polite around here. :D

ed209.jpg

"You have 15 seconds to comply."

Come on! Someone make Eli happy!
:lol :lol :lol

Last edited:
This thing looks awesome, not for me, but it's awesome.

Dude, you obviously don't know the first thing about Eli, he gets excited over this stuff but means no harm. I see nothing serious about what he wrote, if anything he's happy for you and wants to see more of your new toy. Relax and don't take ^^^^ so seriously.

Yeah, 'cause everyone is always so polit around here. :S

:lol :lol :lol

Congratulations on 15,000 posts bro!

What happened to Terminator and my posts?

Nothing bad was posted? Thanks mod. Nice job deleting posts that were posters actually being nice to eachother.

I must say, I can understand why you say that...
The interior has (imo) serious detail flaws: white superglue stains between the seats, the seriously visable glue-bits at the side windows on the inside, the cables for the lights :rolleyes:

(the pictures have been posted here with those flaws pointed out in red circles)

These things shouldn't be there in this price scale, that is a fact!

BUT on the other hand, the exterior is just spot on! (expect the grid-details of the rear tires)
The lights are awsome
It has a working roof-door mechanisme
The tires can steer
Despite of some interior details, some other interior details are just way cool: the steering wheel is more or less accurate (there is also a comparison picture posted here) and it has cool radar screens :)

Summing everything up it is worth it, imo.

I have to agree with DF...

I ordered and then cancelled when it was first delayed back in fall 08 and i'm glad that I did.

While I don't think it looks horrible per se, it doesn't seem $500 + worthy.

I've seen only a few well lit night pictures with it sitting on concrete where it look kinda cool and bad ass, those can be found some pages back.

But overall too plastic and toy looking for me.

Not the worse Batman thing out there that's for sure but damn if I wasn't expecting it to look...well.....better.....

Pod is better.

also, understandable

But everything that you say negative about the Tumbler can be applied on the Pod...

I also have seen cool action pictures of the Pod, but also some bad pictures wich made the Pod look too plastic and too toy looking...
I have also seen picture with Batman riding the Pod that look like straight out of the movie and others where he seems to be all Evil Kenevil on it :rolleyes:

So it's all about the one posing it, the picture quality and the eye for taking pictures.
The thing is, the Pod has what it takes, despite some bad pictures.
In real life I can say, it still is one of the best looking collectibles I own.

I predict the same for the Tumbler, but even better. So don't let yourself carry away by some bad pictures. Afther all, it seems not to many people have the Tumbler.
But especially for this item you can say: real life if much better than any picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back