Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This damn thing is much bigger than I anticipated, btw. I thought it would fit on a shelf I cleared off for it, but no. Not even close. Don't know what I'm gonna do in terms of displaying the damn thing.

I love to bring this up when the question is raised ;)

displayn.jpg

btw not my idea and now I forgot who came up with it as he did not create a dedicated thread for this so I can't refer to him for credit.
This is ... Ikea (again) Granas coffee table with easy mod to lower the shelf and then your own imagination to add base, sidepanels and lights

As for the rubbing marks it won;t come off as it is because of rubbing in the first place which "smoothed" removing the texture. have yet to see anyone mentioning how to counter the effect, maybe with some flat clearcoat to at least reduce the glossiness?

As for the rubbing marks it won;t come off as it is because of rubbing in the first place which "smoothed" removing the texture. have yet to see anyone mentioning how to counter the effect, maybe with some flat clearcoat to at least reduce the glossiness?

That would probably be close to the best way to handle it. Thankfully, the areas in question could be easily masked along the facet lines to isolate the repair area if either a dullcoat or paint coat were attempted.

It might look slightly different than the surrounding area, but it would be symmetrical and confined to a relatively small area.

I love to bring this up when the question is raised ;)

displayn.jpg

btw not my idea and now I forgot who came up with it as he did not create a dedicated thread for this so I can't refer to him for credit.
This is ... Ikea (again) Granas coffee table with easy mod to lower the shelf and then your own imagination to add base, sidepanels and lights

Hi Geil :wave

:lol

Ah there you are my mentor :D You seriously got to make your own thread so I can give you credit where credit is due!!!
(I still have not closed up mine yet :p)

I actually see a lot of Americans from New York driving up to our Ontario store in Canada, I always get a good laugh!

Ah there you are my mentor :D You seriously got to make your own thread so I can give you credit where credit is due!!!
(I still have not closed up mine yet :p)

Mentor... :lol

Sorry but I just can’t make time to start my own threat at the moment. :impatient:

I’m amazed to see the crazy prices these fine collectables are getting. :thud:

:duff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back