Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys 1:6 tumbler and batpod

yes! my tumbler is en route and i should be getting it next week :rotfl

How come noone has used the original Tumbler Batpod thread and merged the new one into this?

I think this is the most viewed thread on this entire site...this is crazy. I havent been in this thread for like 3 months and its still at the top of the list. My tumbler is doing great....got CM's batmobile on the way soon also :clap

Chris

I was thinking of selling mine because i never had room thats crazy people are ordering from china and dubai are they that hard to get now are they really fetching $1000?

are they that hard to get now are they really fetching $1000?

Yeah as it's nearly a year since they were released. If not already. As I was part of the DCD release when I got it in mid/late August. As for the price close enough. $800+ give or take.

Production on these finished a LONG time ago.

I hope they, HT that is, will reproduce this one loaded with more details and up the quality! I am worried the tires on the Tumbler and Batpod will deteriorate sooner than later?

Anyone starting to experience theirs going sticky and such? Mine's still cool tho but rubber on toys usually deteriorates too fast and worse if their quality sucks!

But, I haven't got my Bat-pod. Looking for one!

They wont be. Both vehicles were too costly to manufacture. The tyres were always sticky from day one and not the sticky you are referring to from breaking down or deteriorating. Sticky as in it's a very grippy rubber. Even tissue fibers will stick to it dry or wet. Even the batsuits have nowhere near the grip these front tyres have. The rear tyres on the batmobile are hardly grippy. Easier to clean unlike the small rounds ones on both the pod and car.

Truthfully I'd say The Dark Knight line is officially ended. Until the next film.

I hope it was a success for them to produce this monster because if the next BAtman movie have another cool ride, I know I will be in for it.

I wish they used hard plastic for the tires instead of the thin rubbers. At least I won't worried for it years down the road!

Thanks, V!

hard plastic???? no thanks!

as for the next vehicle (assuming HT makes another after the spoiler fiasco), but my vote is the Bat Wing......WITH RUBBER RETRACTABLE LANDING GEAR! Moveable brake flaps, opening cockpit, DETAILED INTERIOR, & an opening bomb bay hatch with removable armorment.

I was thinking of selling mine because i never had room thats crazy people are ordering from china and dubai are they that hard to get now are they really fetching $1000?

Well, now that I'm friends with the Hot Toys retailer here, everything is hunky dory. I pretty much pay the price that you guys in the US pay for HT, Cinemaquette and Sideshow items.

But before I met him (this was like a year ago), I went to his shop and saw the Tumbler. It was going for 1,500 USD. No kidding. And it was selling like hot cakes. The thing is, there's a lot of rich kids here and they don't bother researching and ordering from the net (and also, the customs here is horrible. They randomly stop things from coming in, for bizarre reasons).

So I bought mine from BBTS. I got it for 450 USD. But shipping went up to around 300 USD.

I later told the retailer this story and he said, if he'd known me before, he'd have given it to me at US retail price. :slap

All cool in the end.

I bsure hope they are selling lie hot cakes coz I really want more Batty cars if they have em inb the next movie!

Well, now that I'm friends with the Hot Toys retailer here, everything is hunky dory. I pretty much pay the price that you guys in the US pay for HT, Cinemaquette and Sideshow items.

But before I met him (this was like a year ago), I went to his shop and saw the Tumbler. It was going for 1,500 USD. No kidding. And it was selling like hot cakes. The thing is, there's a lot of rich kids here and they don't bother researching and ordering from the net (and also, the customs here is horrible. They randomly stop things from coming in, for bizarre reasons).

So I bought mine from BBTS. I got it for 450 USD. But shipping went up to around 300 USD.

I later told the retailer this story and he said, if he'd known me before, he'd have given it to me at US retail price. :slap

All cool in the end.

Its cool that you are friends with the retalier, but as a business, friends or no friends, why would I sell you one and take a $1100 loss because we just became friends? Just my thoughts.

Its cool that you are friends with the retalier, but as a business, friends or no friends, why would I sell you one and take a $1100 loss because we just became friends? Just my thoughts.

What he meant was that if I had come to him a year ago and if he knew me well enough back then, he would have sold me the tumbler for pretty much the same price that BBTS was selling it for (450 to 500 USD).

As a retailer, I'm sure even at that price he still would have made a profit, even if just a small one.

just got my tumbler. not for the batpod

just got it in yesterday. that thing is a BEAST. now to look for the batpod:panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back