Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand WHY you have to have a figure to with the pod or the tumbler :rolleyes:
Especially the Tumbler, if Bats sits in it, you won't even see it, why do you HAVE to have a figure to go with the Tumbler?

I'm curious to see how many wreck the suit/scratch the rubber or breaking any spikes or such getting it in there.

I plan to hide my remote eye in the cockpit of the Tumbler for my AV gear which is all inside cabinets, so no Batman needed to go in mine. :)

the batpod is the centerpiece of my dark knight collection(well, it's not much of a collection right now, but it will be)...but i'll have to pass on the tumbler...i don't have enough room for that and the batpod.

I am stuck with the Tumbler.

Why?

1. This thing will be a ^^^^^ to sell at the price you paid. I just don't feel like losing money on it.

2. I can't get out of my order because I got my Tumbler through my LCS, knowing farewell you can't cancel because Diamond are dicks about it. I ordered it through my LCS, because the guy there is awesome and he gives me a good deal, one that can't be beat anywhere else.

Well a year has gone by, and my interest for this piece is not where it used to be. So I am stuck with a piece I don't want right now. Ugh. I can give the finger to the LCS guy and say I won't pay for it when it arrives, but I won't do that. 1. respect the guy, and I won't allow him be stuck with such a big order and 2. I would be ticked if someone did that to me. Dammit!

I am stuck with the Tumbler.

Why?

1. This thing will be a ^^^^^ to sell at the price you paid. I just don't feel like losing money on it.

I don't get that...
Isn't it strange for someone who calls himself a collector that even BEFORE actually having a collectible in his hands, he already thinks about the resell value?... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why would you buy it in the first place? just to tell that you once owned a tumbler or what?
If I pre order or actually payed 400$ and some more for a collectible, I ain't thinking about the resell value, because paying so much or pre ordering a piece that you know is very expensive is because you like it very very much, no?

So I really don't understand the "pré-order/pay -- then resell expensive collectibles"-thing that seems to be quite popular among some :horror

Eli, why does it sound rather negative if you say it that way: "I'm stuck with the tumbler"
Arn't you suppose to be happy that you'll own such a collectible? isn't that the whole reason why you bought it in the first place?...

I don't get that...
Isn't it strange for someone who calls himself a collector that even BEFORE actually having a collectible in his hands, he already thinks about the resell value?... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why would you buy it in the first place? just to tell that you once owned a tumbler or what?
If I pre order or actually payed 400$ and some more for a collectible, I ain't thinking about the resell value, because paying so much or pre ordering a piece that you know is very expensive is because you like it very very much, no?

So I really don't understand the "pré-order/pay -- then resell expensive collectibles"-thing that seems to be quite popular among some :horror

Eli, why does it sound rather negative if you say it that way: "I'm stuck with the tumbler"
Arn't you suppose to be happy that you'll own such a collectible? isn't that the whole reason why you bought it in the first place?...

I don't really see what the problem is here. Eli26 explained pretty well that when he ordered it he really wanted it, but now has lost interested (maybe he was caught up a bit in the hype, or his taste has simply shifted), but he can't cancel it anymore for various reasons. Why do you get the idea that he's simply buying it "for resale" (if I understood you right)?

HT have taken so long to get this released that I think, in the minds of a lot of collectors, they're no longer as excited by it. People's tastes and interests change, and it's a testament to how long this thing has taken to get to market that so many are now reconsidering the purchase they were happy to make over a year ago. It's not necessarily people worrying about resale value, it's people thinking about how to handle a purchase that they never thought would take so long to materialise.

I'm not hugely 'in the mood' for it right now myself but I know when I get it I'll be totally blown away. And every time I'm in a TDK or BB mood I'll be damned happy to have it.

I 'lost interest' in so far as the hype period died down. But, for me, TDK goes beyond hype. Its a film that I will watch and enjoy multiple times for the rest of my life whenever a Batman mood takes me. And every time that happens I'll be putting a lot of attention on my HT Batman collection.

I don't really see what the problem is here. Eli26 explained pretty well that when he ordered it he really wanted it, but now has lost interested (maybe he was caught up a bit in the hype, or his taste has simply shifted), but he can't cancel it anymore for various reasons. Why do you get the idea that he's simply buying it "for resale" (if I understood you right)?

Exactly! I had no intentions of buying this for financial gain. Yes, financial gain.. if by spending 400 American on this = financial gain, then... sure. :rolleyes:

I don't buy these for resale. Not necessarily the best for investments. I know plenty better ways to invest my money and that's not buying SideShow and Hot Toys products.

Hopefully when I see this in person, my love for this piece is rekindled. That could very well happen. All I know, is this better be constructed well, and should have lots of added stuff we didn't get to see in the photos, as we know photos don't tell the true and entire story of our collectibles.

Last edited:
HT have taken so long to get this released that I think, in the minds of a lot of collectors, they're no longer as excited by it. People's tastes and interests change, and it's a testament to how long this thing has taken to get to market that so many are now reconsidering the purchase they were happy to make over a year ago. It's not necessarily people worrying about resale value, it's people thinking about how to handle a purchase that they never thought would take so long to materialise.

Again, very true.

*kicks Riko* Everyone else can see what I meant in my post, why not you?

Think Riko, THINK!!!! WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU?!

Teasing you Riko! *ruffles your hair* You're alright.

The economy has greatly changed between back then and now. I do believe it was just before this time last year it was starting to die and the marketplace. So money is even more tight now.

This is an expensive luxury, no doubt about it.

Its buyers remorse x 100. Purchase something really expensive then regret it immediately...to compound matters, the item takes over a year to arrive so it hurts even more!
No question, this will blow us away when arrives but...its 6months too late in coming imho

mine is paid for and I can't do anything about it..:lol

but I'm still looking forward to getting it. the fact that it's been paid for eight months ago makes that $$ already out of mind. I see it as gone with the wind and that wind will blow a really nice collectible to my door. it's like getting something for free as far as I'm concerned. the $$ would of been spent somewhere else if not on this. :lol

Its buyers remorse x 100. Purchase something really expensive then regret it immediately...to compound matters, the item takes over a year to arrive so it hurts even more!
No question, this will blow us away when arrives but...its 6months too late in coming imho

It also doesn't help that in that same amount of time people have probably seen other things they could've bought and had right then and there, but couldn't because they had this coming.

I have a feeling when this is released, it wont sale very well, like the batpod. Which is good in some ways, because original price will go down for the tumbler just like the batpod.

I find myself drawn to it these past few days for no apparent reason.

Might be the force, telling me that its gonna come out soon, and that I have to cop it :D

Uhu I see and understand. But not everybody would have the same reaction I guess.
Because if I had already paid for it, I would be more pumped up to get it, not the opposite reaction of losing interest. Cause the payment already has been done..

In my case, I didn't do a payment up front, and I am still very pumped up to get this thing :)

Exactly! I had no intentions of buying this for financial gain. Yes, financial gain.. if by spending 400 American on this = financial gain, then... sure. :rolleyes:

I don't buy these for resale. Not necessarily the best for investments. I know plenty better ways to invest my money and that's not buying SideShow and Hot Toys products.

Hopefully when I see this in person, my love for this piece is rekindled. That could very well happen. All I know, is this better be constructed well, and should have lots of added stuff we didn't get to see in the photos, as we know photos don't tell the true and entire story of our collectibles.

okay dude! :)

release June 11th => https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Toys-Dark-Knight-Batmobile/dp/B001GICQD4/ref=pd_sbs_t_22

Last edited:
mine is paid for and I can't do anything about it..:lol

but I'm still looking forward to getting it. the fact that it's been paid for eight months ago makes that $$ already out of mind. I see it as gone with the wind and that wind will blow a really nice collectible to my door. it's like getting something for free as far as I'm concerned. the $$ would of been spent somewhere else if not on this. :lol

Then we’re at least two. :D

:joy

Yeah I'm with Mr.Thrifty here too. I paid for it long ago and buying it hasn't stopped me buying anything else I wanted so...

Only thing is there may yet be customs on it. Such a large item I don't think could be passed as costing below whatever the cutoff point is. Although I have been pleasantly surprised before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back