Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is awesome but i have never been a vehicle guy so I have no attachment to buying this.

The only vehicle I own is the Batpod. That was just getting in the hype of TDK and what HT was doing. I would get the TIE and an X-Wing.

If HT going to do a 1/6 scale air craft, I would prefer they do TIE Advanced first before TIE Fighter.

From what was shown during SDCC, I thought the 2 supporting poles aesthetically does ruin the display.

I hope the final product is tough enough not to have those unsightly poles. :D

From what was shown during SDCC, I thought the 2 supporting poles aesthetically does ruin the display.

HT do tend to make vehicles flimsy so I doubt they would make the wings strong enough to hold the weight without bending.

If HT going to do a 1/6 scale air craft, I would prefer they do TIE Advanced first before TIE Fighter.
TIE Advanced is a great design, but it's not as classic as the original TIE by a long shot. Only TIE I would want is this original design, personally.

HT do tend to make vehicles flimsy so I doubt they would make the wings strong enough to hold the weight without bending.
Agreed the poles do ruin it. Only way I'd want to display it would be similar to what eFX did with their studio scale (central pole with base). But like you say, Malgus, I would have huge doubts about the build quality. Those wings would have to be extremely heavy at that scale.

I have 89 batmobile, batpod, and tumbler. 89 not too flimsy imo. But bat pod, i definately have to agree with. Tumbler is somewhat, shall I say, delicate to handle.

TIE Advanced is a great design, but it's not as classic as the original TIE by a long shot. Only TIE I would want is this original design, personally.

Indeed. The classic TIE Fighter is more iconic than any other TIEs including Vader's Advanced version.

Agreed the poles do ruin it. Only way I'd want to display it would be similar to what eFX did with their studio scale (central pole with base). But like you say, Malgus, I would have huge doubts about the build quality. Those wings would have to be extremely heavy at that scale.

The EFX TIE Fighter studio scale has metal struts in the wing poles, thus it will not bend in time. If HT won't make their TIE like this, there could be a nasty surprise in a few years after the release. Icons studio scale TIE and X-wing both missed the metal rods in the wings and they started sagging.

Yea, apologies, I got a bit worked up considering he still thinks the falcon won't go on sale despite the actual sideshow blog says so. It was like hitting your head against the brick wall and no matter the evidence you showed he didn't believe it and kept going on about how the falcon was going to be a test...I definitely could of handled it better but I also would of liked if people realise their mistake and apologised for it (like I have done).

Anyway, that is the end of the matter for me. The falcon will go on sale. Tie fighter we need to wait a bit longer.

I also have confirmation it will go on sale though, not just from one source but from two different sources who both attended the show and spoke to sideshow - I don't make stuff up. Hpwever, never said definite release. Anything and everything can be cancelled up until the last minute in my view.

Well we got Budget Stark here on the forums so I'll message him and see if he can dig anything up next time he visits Secret Base - simple! I'll also message a view youtube guys who attended.

No worries - a lot of people get worked up.

One thing you have to understand about these shows - it depends who they talked to of the Sideshow staff. Hot Toys doesn't always share information and it can be assumed even by people working the booth that if it's there, it's getting made.

CJbm-x4UYAAQmNs.jpg

The metal struts don't bother me at all. I'll certainly take them if it means getting a TIE that won't sag.

I really like the idea of a Sixth Scale TIE and have plenty of room to display it, but the cost is definitely going to be way more than I want to invest. But I WILL be buying the Falcon cockpit and displaying it in a custom case in my home theater.

The metal struts don't bother me at all. I'll certainly take them if it means getting a TIE that won't sag.
For me it's the combination of the struts plus the clear supports under the wings. Just takes away any illusion of flight. I'd rather spend whatever more it costs to have metal struts in the wing poles, as mentioned by JKNO, than these. Would be a nice, polished look that way.

Maybe when this will be ready for sale they have metal supports inside the wing pole and maybe even wings themselves

For me it's the combination of the struts plus the clear supports under the wings. Just takes away any illusion of flight. I'd rather spend whatever more it costs to have metal struts in the wing poles, as mentioned by JKNO, than these. Would be a nice, polished look that way.

I see. Luckily I don't need the "illusion of flight" or anything like that, I just want as close to an actual 1/6 TIE Fighter as I can get. I don't see support struts as any different then all the stands we use to hold up 12 inch figures. Sure it takes away the illusion of them just standing there but honestly when I look at my figures I don't even really notice the stands anymore.

Last edited:
I wonder if 1/6 collectors would be interested in smaller-scale vehicles from HT, say a four-foot long Falcon and other vehicles scaled off of that. Sure they wouldn't be 1/6, but they'd be much more feasible from a production standpoint, no?

I wonder if 1/6 collectors would be interested in smaller-scale vehicles from HT, say a four-foot long Falcon and other vehicles scaled off of that. Sure they wouldn't be 1/6, but they'd be much more feasible from a production standpoint, no?

I'm sure many people would love highly detailed 3 3/4" vehicles from hot toys or some other company. It's a good size for vehicles. Not that that would happen though.

Back