Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because they got cold feet with The Bat doesn't mean they'll do the same with vehicles from a far more popular franchise.

Howard dropped the ball with The Bat but I can't see him doing the same with Star Wars, a franchise he loves and knows can make him a ridiculous amount of money via this license.

The TIE Fighter, X-Wing, Slave I, AT-AT...we're at a turning point for HT where they go from specializing in hundred-dollar action figures to thousand-dollar collectibles.

My bank account is ready ☝

I think you meant an AT-ST or this as a joke. A 1:6 scale AT-AT from Hot Toys is never going to happen:
1.6 AT-AT.jpg

Aside from a Speeder Bike, the Landspeeder is the only one that stands a chance to actually being sold to the public.

There's no way I can put this anywhere in my house, but I am still intrigued and look forward to further info.

I've got a living room solely for figures and vehicles so this is enthusiastically welcomed. My wife has domain over the living room in the front of the house so the other one's all mine ☺

Yeah there would be no hiding this from the significant other :slap

Tell her it's a solar powered boiler or pool pump or any other technical thing she could not be bothered with.

I am simply amazed that this got made, even just as a display piece....the price is going to be terrifying...thank goodness Sideshow does Flexpay (although this will seem more like Mortgage pay).

If they can make this then they can make the landspeeder, snowspeeder, EPIII Jedi Fighter, AT-ST.....just no more than 1 per year please.

While the TIE Fighter in 1/6th is a really really longshot on getting produced and sold, you cant really argue against the logic of a Millenium Falcon or AT-AT not getting made.

A Falcon would be bigger than my car, its just not at all possible to make, sell or ship.

I've got a living room solely for figures and vehicles so this is enthusiastically welcomed. My wife has domain over the living room in the front of the house so the other one's all mine ☺

You should post your collection then.

A Falcon would be bigger than my car, its just not at all possible to make, sell or ship.

Unless my calculations are wrong, a 1:6 scale falcon would be slightly larger than 2 Mercedes-Benz S Class parked side by side.

Unless my calculations are wrong, a 1:6 scale falcon would be slightly larger than 2 Mercedes-Benz S Class parked side by side.

Yeah, I went a little low with that estimation :) but it would be huge.

the TIE Fighter in 1/6th is a really really longshot on getting produced and sold

Why? Because they've never tackled anything this big before? Because shipping procedures won't be as simple? I'll never understand why people cripple HT's production capabilities. There's no precedent for this and therefore no reason to believe they wouldn't sell it and profit from it.

I've never reduced HT to a company only capable of 1/6 action figures. The Tumbler & '89 Batmobile are masterpieces I'm proud to own. I'm expecting the same brilliant craftsmanship and attention to detail with these Star Wars vehicles.

Why? Because they've never tackled anything this big before? Because shipping procedures won't be as simple? I'll never understand why people cripple HT's production capabilities. There's no precedent for this and therefore no reason to believe they wouldn't sell it and profit from it.

I've never reduced HT to a company only capable of 1/6 action figures. The Tumbler & '89 Batmobile are masterpieces I'm proud to own. I'm expecting the same brilliant craftsmanship and attention to detail with these Star Wars vehicles.

You should post pics of those.

Not sure why anyone's thinking this would be "too hard" to produce. Make the wings removable and it's not that big of a deal.

You could ship each wing in 6 pieces to reduce the size. It would still be a very big box but still something any shipping company could handle.

Re: Hot Toys - TIE Fighter

Non taken, but I do care if it is exact, it my nature and part of my profession, don't get me wrong I think it's amazing that they are even attempting this. I was just stating facts. :)

All good :hi5:

So, I have to ask... what is your profession, sir?

Back