Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... maybe $3k for something that is a big run, multi-year edition and not made like garbage. I'm very often disappointed in build quality in a lot of stuff, so maybe I'm overly pessimistic. Still, if this were made and it were that price, maybe I'd decide it's going to be my only SW piece, in which case, $3-4k becomes very affordable. Main thing for me is I hate corners being cut and stuff feeling cheap, so I'd rather it be made right or not at all.

Well if it's true 1/6 scale it's will require freight shipping. The wings alone are to big to ship regular UPS.

See you got it right there it's likely a one off for Howard. Did he display it sure. That's not to say that HT has a different level interest than SS. They didn't have an owner who used the company to make their own personal toys is the only difference. I have met some of the owners of SS and they are not going to do that, it's doesn't mean they don't care. Howard has always come off like someone who wants the spot light
Don't think Howard is like that at all and not sure how you come to that conclusion. He was at the recent Star Wars Celebration convention and was there among others just like any other fan even when his company had their figures there. The man bought a DX07 off a random seller at the convention and then waited in line for hours to get it signed by Hamill. Dude just seems like a huge Star Wars fan and it's clearing showing with the sudden outburst of figures from the line.

It'll be produced. I'm guessing it'll retail for $1000, maybe a little more.

That would be awesome, but no... I'm guessing much more. When a studio scale is well over $1,000 something this size would be far above that.

I still don't see this actually being offered for sale, but it's a damn impressive piece.

Don't think Howard is like that at all and not sure how you come to that conclusion. He was at the recent Star Wars Celebration convention and was there among others just like any other fan even when his company had their figures there. The man bought a DX07 off a random seller at the convention and then waited in line for hours to get it signed by Hamill. Dude just seems like a huge Star Wars fan and it's clearing showing with the sudden outburst of figures from the line.

I ran into him in that line... it was very cool getting to meet him and some of his team.

04cd78f5-6d23-4a43-a58d-b9e4c9da4b5e_zpsqkstcp1o.jpg

If this ever does come to pass, I'm starting to think it might be a "look what we could do!" display piece, I could see it coming in at something like $1799 and watch people go nuts. The mass has been high in terms of price prediction on every HT vehicle so far and even SSC has said they'd never be able to offer stuff at the price points HT has when it comes to these big projects.

If it is a legitimate piece you'll see HT start to hype it sooner than later.

It does look cool and all, but don't you all think it's too big to display? I mean we collect 1/6 figures, but this really is getting into the models section where it' looks more like a statue that you shouldn't touch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. He seems like a regular joe and not a diva at all. Galacti's experience supports this, as well. My take from what I've seen is he just has a deep and abiding love for the franchise. So if a 1:6 TIE is unrealistic to produce for any number of reasons, it doesn't make him an *******. At least they went the extra mile and made it for SDCC. Personally I'm just happy to see it and excited, but I guess that makes me an *******, too.

It does look cool and all, but don't you all think it's too big to display? I mean we collect 1/6 figures, but this really is getting into the models section where it' looks more like a statue that you shouldn't touch.
Yeah, probably it's completely unrealistic. If it were made, I could find room for it but only as a one-off and would basically need to get rid of everything I have and plan to get. :p Maybe I could keep a detolf or two. Still, if it were made right, I think I'd be pretty happy with it as a representation of SW.

Last edited:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Realistically for me it probably is - I still have a model in the basement that is probably around this size that has been packed away for years now because I have no room for it. It is fun to think about it though.

Well, you never know, Centro. Perhaps part of displaying it is to gauge interest. Personally I'd be very happy with a 1:12 version, just like the Bat. This and a Slave 1 and I'd be done w/SW vehicles.

Well, you never know, Centro. Perhaps part of displaying it is to gauge interest. Personally I'd be very happy with a 1:12 version, just like the Bat. This and a Slave 1 and I'd be done w/SW vehicles.

Yep its a total bait and switch. They show you a product that you never imagined could exist, then they tell you they're not gonna make it. Then they show you a different product in a different scale and you figure "well if thats as close as I can get, I'll take it" That was the plan the entire time :lecture

Back