Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess Sean Long is lying also wwejedi

Screenshot_2015-07-08-21-57-03.jpg

I bet they don't produce this Tie, just like this,

7906250524_6cde720ccc_k.jpg

They'll do some compact series thing instead, or produce nothing at all.

If the dimensions are accurate here, TIE Fighter, a 1/6 TIE fighter would be about 41 inches long, 42 inches wide and 49 inches high.

For the sake of comparison, according to Sideshow's Web site, the 1989 Batmobile is 9 inches high, 16 inches wide and 39 inches long. The Tumbler is 11 inches high, 18.5 inches wide and 29 inches long.

Anyone willing to bet money this gets the green light? I wouldn't.

Edit:

A true 1:6 scale TIE would be 72" tall by 56" wide, based on the studio scale model which is 1:24 scale. Looks closer to 1:12 scale. Still very impressive. Paint is the wrong color based off the pic(too dark) but very impressive.

:thud:

I'll bet someone paypal money that it doesn't happen.

People got all worked up and anxious about the Bat too. They're both way too impractical to produce and manufacture. Hot Toys and Sideshow wouldn't yield any sort of profit from those things. Then shipping? C'mon. :lol The Batmobile was their biggest item and most of those didn't survive going across the ocean without getting nicked up.

I bet they don't produce this Tie, just like this,

View attachment 195395

They'll do some compact series thing instead, or produce nothing at all.

Just because they got cold feet with The Bat doesn't mean they'll do the same with vehicles from a far more popular franchise.

Howard dropped the ball with The Bat but I can't see him doing the same with Star Wars, a franchise he loves and knows can make him a ridiculous amount of money via this license.

The TIE Fighter, X-Wing, Slave I, AT-AT...we're at a turning point for HT where they go from specializing in hundred-dollar action figures to thousand-dollar collectibles.

My bank account is ready ☝

This is incredible. I hope they make it available for sale.

I'd pay around $1200 for it.

When you break it down, they only had to create one "wing" and the cockpit. And I've had stuff WAY bigger than this shipped to me through UPS. Either for free or pretty cheap.

Bravo, Hot Toys!

This is incredible. I hope they make it available for sale.

I'd pay around $1200 for it.

When you break it down, they only had to create one "wing" and the cockpit. And I've had stuff WAY bigger than this shipped to me through UPS. Either for free or pretty cheap.

Bravo, Hot Toys!

$1200 would be nice. I'm hoping it doesn't exceed $1500, but who am I kidding? I'd still go as high as $2000.

Just because they got cold feet with The Bat doesn't mean they'll do the same with vehicles from a far more popular franchise.

Asians don't even like Star Wars!

Star Wars is a popular franchise here in the US and in Europe, but the Chinese, Japanese, etc. don't care for it. Howard is a huge fan, that is the anomaly. This is like a pet project for him. It wouldn't surprise me if that's his TIE fighter.

Asians don't even like Star Wars!

Star Wars is a popular franchise here in the US and in Europe, but the Chinese, Japanese, etc. don't care for it. Howard is a huge fan, that is the anomaly. This is like a pet project for him. It wouldn't surprise me if that's his TIE fighter.

sorry dude, but this is just plain wrong.

Not according to Budget Stark's videos where it seems like there isn't a market for the Star Wars figures.

Not according to this,

The Original *Star Wars* Just Premiered in China | Vanity Fair

"Although the character design is weak, the leading actress not beautiful, the leading actor not handsome, and the action parts like children fighting, placed in 1977, the visual effects are amazing"

If the old Trilogy isn't doing it for them with the likes of Luke, Leia and Han, then I'm not sure the new cast will either. Doesn't sound like they give a crap. :lol

This is like a pet project for him. It wouldn't surprise me if that's his TIE fighter.

Can't agree with you there given that it was on display under the HT banner at SDCC. It wasn't an Instagram pic from his private collection.

HT is going the Star Wars vehicle route. Not sure why that shocks so many people considering they've tackled vehicles in the past. This is just the next stage and the Star Wars license is perfect for that.

considering they had a star wars Celebration in Japan to mark the 30th anniversary of the film, I would say you are incorrect. I could go on and provide a multitude of star wars products geared specifically to the asian market, but I will leave it at that.

Can't agree with you there given that it was on display under the HT banner at SDCC. It wasn't an Instagram pic from his private collection.

HT is going the Star Wars vehicle route. Not sure why that shocks so many people considering they've tackled vehicles in the past. This is just the next stage and the Star Wars license is perfect for that.

The 1/6 Bat never happened and that was being advertised since it was in the prototype stages AND was featured at several shows and conventions under a Hot Toys banner.

What happened with it? They shrunk it down and sold it as 1/12. Where is their Hellicarrier from the same line?

Hot Toys Helicarrier | Sideshow Collectibles

That came and went.

The 1/6 Bat never happened and that was being advertised since it was in the prototype stages AND was featured at several shows and conventions under a Hot Toys banner.

I know, Howard punked out with The Bat. No argument there.

This is different though. The Star Wars franchise is reborn and we have six movies underway. Howard gave us ten figures already (in less than a year) and there's more to come. This is the perfect storm. If there was ever a time to tackle 1/6 Star Wars vehicles - this is it.

Looks really amazing! Would be impossible to display for me, and cost way over my budget.

But its impressive!

I know, Howard punked out with The Bat. No argument there.

This is different though. The Star Wars franchise is reborn and we have six movies underway. Howard gave us ten figures already (in less than a year) and there's more to come. This is the perfect storm. If there was ever a time to tackle 1/6 Star Wars vehicles - this is it.

We'll see then I guess. I hope they do for your sake, you seem pretty pumped up for it. Hope you get your wish man.

Oh, in his mind everyone is lying.

Can't wait to see his reaction to Slave I or the X-Wing. "ITS NOT 1/6!!!!!!! THE MEASUREMENTS ARE OFF!!!!!!!!! THEY WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO MAKE THESE SHIPS IN 1/6!!!!!!!!!!

Its not 1/6th and most likely not going for sale. Of which, when it doesn't, you will sit here and cry about. Its cool that they made this for show, but realistically, this is Hot Toys. If there so great and wonderful like you say and are capable of tremendous feats like you say why didn't they stay to true to the official specs and go for a true 1/6th vehicle? Cool yes, impressive no. Maybe if someone on this forum made it... it would be impressive, but Hot Toys, eh. Now of course anytime someone brings logic and reasoning into a discussion you have to turn and run so I dont expect a reply. Nonetheless, as I proved you wrong in the 1/6th Falcon "debate" (as if it was a debate, everyone and there brother knows its not being made except you, why I don't know). This thing is a tleast three feet by four feet. Hulkbuster is 21" and is $825. To make things quick Im gonna say its $800 for two feet tall and one feet wide of plastic. This is nearly twice that. Its going to over $1600, well over. Even at 1/7th its still to big for anyone to display. A 1/12th model would be easy to find room for, not this. You gonna put it on your table? Maybe if you live all by yourself, alone, then yes. Majority of members here to me... seem to have a family, a mom, a brother they live with. Are they, non fans, really going to want to see a huge (to them ugly) ship out forever? No, probably not. How many have basements and correct display shelves to display something this big? Or space? Or the money? Or the cost to ship this would be the price of a Hot Toy figure. Just like you cant comprehend logic and reason with the Falcon, you cant comprehend it here either.

Howard dropped the ball with The Bat but I can't see him doing the same with Star Wars, a franchise he loves and knows can make him a ridiculous amount of money via this license.

The TIE Fighter, X-Wing, Slave I, AT-AT...we're at a turning point for HT where they go from specializing in hundred-dollar action figures to thousand-dollar collectibles.

My bank account is ready ☝

Here you go again. Not comprehending logic and reason. Funny how you bash a company so much, then only to praise it the next.

X-Wing - 6.8 Feet long. Shipping constrictions, price, space. Its most likely not being made to purchase

Slave 1 - A 1/6th version would be 11 feet long. Its not happening. They are not making a toy that is bigger than a fiat. Shipping, price, R and D, the weight of that alone. Its not being made, not at all in 1/6th scale.

AT-AT - It would be 12 feet high. You really think they are going to make a toy that is taller than some house? You really believe that?

You act as if these things are done deals, when I can 100% guarantee we will never, ever, see these in 1/6th form. *waits for you dont work for Hot Toys so you dont know*

Since I brought logic and reason into this I know you won't respond, but still.

Back