Hot Toys 1/6 The Predator Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say I'm blown away by it on a first impression, but I don't think it looks atrocious. Probably a design that will gradually grow on me. As someone mentioned previously, I think the gold really pops.

The old Kenner designs were better than that. I know I won't be buying any figures of this.

That totally looks like an neca predator

that looks much worse than any Neca predator design-wise.
after those pics i browsed through Neca predators, specifically made-up predators, not from the movies, and discovered i actually liked them a lot in comparison to that suit.

Posted this in the movie thread, but that image is of a promotional statue, not the screen-used suit. Compare its helmet to the one in the trailer and it's not accurate. Colors are more muted on screen, bio isn't as tall, edges are rounder, more fine details and ridges, proportions of the shapes are different. The statue at that convention is more akin to a Sideshow attempt at recreating the suit.

Reposting this so people can compare. Note the shape of the central "mouthpiece" area. Looks like a rounded triangle here, but on the statue it's more of a classic rectangular shape that they just painted gold.

Predator.jpg

As for who designed the armor, it's my understanding that ADI simply built the suits, but the design was done by someone else.

is that noob saibot!?

cant wait to see cyrax and sektor.lolz

Neca has made worst for sure. I would have to watch the movie to judge . Got to see this in action , there maybe some CG added

Sorry to say, but I honestly am not surprised by these lacklustre predator designs. I haven’t liked a single Predator design post P2. Same goes for xenomorphs post Alien3.

Sorry to say, but I honestly am not surprised by these lacklustre predator designs. I haven’t liked a single Predator design post P2. Same goes for xenomorphs post Alien3.

you dont like the chicken legs on xenos from resurrection!??
i wanted those

I haven’t liked a single Predator design post P2. Same goes for xenomorphs post Alien3.

I can somewhat agree with that. There's a definite division between the Stan Winston designs and everything that came after. Even though I like some of the later designs, they aren't even close.

I liked that trailer better than the first. I see there was a fleeting glimpse of an original Predator mask in that glass case at the very beginning.

Not sure if this is real but if it is, then HT thinks this won't sell much as a regular release.

35628745_2409052239112664_6484974015038357504_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well that sucks because the Anakin figure, to my knowledge, isn't going to be up for PO on Sideshow's site.

Yeah, you can order from their site but you have to pick it up at the con. I don't get it. On the one hand, making it an exclusive may be safer than producing a zillion and warming the pegs. But will they even be able to sell the few they do make if it's pick-up only? Another possibility is scalpers buying them all out, shooting the value into the stratosphere. Unless this is some kind of variant and we haven't seen the mass-market version.

I kinda think making it a SDCC EX and only able to pick it up there, might be even more of a deterrent on what is probably already going to be a “maybe” figure for a lot of people. Knowing that they have to actually go and pick it up at SDCC might be a deal breaker for a figure they might have otherwise PO’d.

An I want it, but I don’t want it that bad to go through that much effort to get it, kind of thing.

Coming soon... just like the Prometheus, Alien Covenant and Ripley Power Loader figures.

Even if we do get new predators, they will not sell as well as classic ones. Smart move on their behalf considering how most people (including myself) have been receiving these new predator designs.

I’d like to think making the new ones more limited is their way of saying “we know you don’t really care for these new designs” but in reality I don’t think they actually care about what predator fans want in terms of figures. If they did, we’d have an official Predator (1987) 2.0 and 2.0s of all the predators from the end of P2.

Back