1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 scale Deathstroke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand why people go with other vendors and I don't think there's one right answer. For me personally though I go with SS for the most part.

Cons:
Tax- I'm in California (though tax may be true for everyone soon)
Nrd- I don't typically cancel if I put in an order so not a big deal for me
Higher shipping

Pros:
Get it early- Lately this can mean much earlier. I've had HT Spidey for months while some haven't even got there's from BBTS yet.
Easy access to replacement- in the event that I need to get a replacement they've always been helpful. I know this isn't everyone's experience though.
Payment plans- I usually split between these and full pays depending on what my payment calendar looks like.
RP- I've gotten a few figures off RP alone.
Quick shipping- high priced, but because I'm in CA once something processes at SS I usually have it in 2 days.

Like I said that might not be everyone's experience, but those are the reasons I've stuck with sideshow so far.

You'll save more on tax and shipping than RP when you buy BBTS. You have to pay extra to have outer packing with SS; your box always arrives fresh from BBTS unlike SS where your box looks like it's been used for soccer practice. I don't care about getting it early as long as I know I have not been swindled on shipping and tax and my box arrives looking like it just got sealed straight from HT. Unless you want to keep paying more to SS for inferior service, BBTS is the only right answer if you're in California.

Aaaand PO sold out on BBTS. So glad I PO'd as soon as it went up XD

Kinda amazing it's at the point where this is happening on figures that are 8 months to a year+ from actual release.

The figure looks absolutely gorgeous. Not surprised it's sold out.

Since it's the same design for Origins and Knight, hopefully that means there could be a Hot Toys Arkham Origins Batman in the future.

I hope it means. . .comic Deathstroke in the future! I really wish Hot Toys would start going that route.

73606-9645-89441-1-deathstroke-the-ter.jpg

Pirate boots or GTFO.

Would be great for HT to start making 1/6th comic book versions of characters, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

What is the reason HT stay away from comic book versions I wonder. :dunno

If they started doing them I'd drop figures based on movies other than a few classics like Reeve, Keaton, Ledger. The comic book versions are still the best.

Well most figure they do are in the MMS series (Movie Masters Series) like this one is in the VGM (Video game series)... All of their lines only follow characters of those mediums... I've been hoping for a CBS Comic Book Series from them someday, but they already have their plates full so I don't see it happening. Also they probably don't have the licensing to do it.

does bbts offer a payment plan like sideshow? sorry if the q seems out of place i have just seen most members on here preffering to order from bbts rather than sideshow.

edit: i did order this guy from sideshow

I'm gonna try and stay away from this line... looks like Batgirl is going to be next. If they end up making a Nightwing I may bite and grab both him and Deathstroke.

I'm gonna try and stay away from this line... looks like Batgirl is going to be next. If they end up making a Nightwing I may bite and grab both him and Deathstroke.

At the rate Deathstroke is selling out I doubt you’d have the opportunity to...

Would you prefer the AC or AK version of Nightwing if you had to choose?

Man i hate that mask design on arkham knight nightwing. AC all the way.

I feel like we're more likely to get Robin if anything though (aside from batgirl). They may be tempted to capitalize on both video game fans and whoever ends up watching the teen titans show.

does bbts offer a payment plan like sideshow? sorry if the q seems out of place i have just seen most members on here preffering to order from bbts rather than sideshow.

edit: i did order this guy from sideshow

No, they do not. Some of the big draws at BBTS are the flat $4 shipping, no NRDs for many figures (NRDs usually only apply to figures over $400 and many of the newer SW figures), pile of loot shipping (batch up a bunch of things and still play a flat $4 shipping fee), and double-boxing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This figure is incredible. Figure of the year next year no question. Was so tempted to get the Prime 1 DS since this look is so boss. Thank you Hot Toys for making him!

BBTS all the way. No more Sideshow for me with their shipping prices. Rewards points just seems to even out on what you pay for with shipping. Timewalker will give you a discount up front.

Back