Hot Toys 1/6 Millenium Falcon...yup, you heard right! LOL!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never to this extent where they would go out of their way to create photoshopped teasers like they would an actual product for sale.

Before it would be behind the scenes pictures of their employees hard at work dismantling boxes and constructing the pieces. The Avengers and TDKR dioramas come to mind. I much preferred those.

And what difference does it make if it's this image or one of them working on it? It's the same thing.

Oh and there's going to be a Death Star...

image.jpg

I know what they doing... they doing that same thing that model company is by splitting up the parts for individual buy to build the Falcon in 1/6.

that actually would be a really good idea. just do compartments or sections. that would look really cool.

What is interesting is what this says for smaller more logical 1:6 vehicles. Landspeeders? For sure a Scout bike, maybe Snowspeeders?

most definitely. if they're willing to make (even if they are for displays only) large scale 1/6 scale vehicles,, you gotta think any of the more practical smaller vehicles would all be on the table to be produced.

And what difference does it make if it's this image or one of them working on it? It's the same thing.

I already stated why.

Because this,

11051772_10152951943477344_2477933609017506861_n.jpg

is a lot like this,

11080349_10152710782007344_2447972987554162451_o.jpg

They're glamorizing show displays as if they're actual products for sale. You and I know that they're not for sale, but look how many people (in this very forum) are being fooled thinking that these vehicles are going to be an actual product. You mentioned other companies like Lego, Gentle Giant, etc. Well I don't recall Lego ever advertising their beautiful 1:1 display POP constructions on their social media pages . . .

And the behind the scenes of them building Thor or cap in 1/1 looks exactly like the bts they show for other products and led to the exact same conclusions by people. That picture came with a two paragraph description detailing exactly what it was. And if it leads to increased intrest because some guy thinks maybe it's a real thing then guess what...that's kinda the end goal anyway. They are not taking anyone's money. It's an ad to see a display.

And just to illustrate... these are things for display only, Not sold. Even though the regular sold items got the same exact treatment. Some how people survived, figured it out.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You mean the same way they did with the 1:1 Thor for the aou show or the 1:1 hulk buster they did for the toy soul show?

The announcement actually said its for a show..

From Facebook

On July 24 – 28, Hot Toys will once again be participating in Ani-Com and Games Hong Kong (ACGHK), the biggest pop-culture event in Hong Kong!

This year Hot Toys is partnering up with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) to bring the biggest Star Wars presence in the event where a number of Star Wars collectibles by Hot Toys and life-size exhibits will be on display! Starting today we will give fans some sneak peek of what to expect at ACGHK!

Recently Hot Toys has showcased an impressive 1/6th scale Millennium Falcon cockpit at San Diego Comic-Con which has already fascinated many Star Wars fans! But we are not stopping there yet, as a complete and highly detail 1/6th scale Millennium Falcon measuring close to 18 feet (5.5 meters) long by 12 feet (3.7 meters) wide will actually be making an appearance at ACGHK! Its sheer astonishing presence will surely captured any fans’ attention!

If you want to see this spectacular exhibit in person, then you have to come to Hot Toys’ booth (E15-16) at ACGHK in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre this week!

You're missing the key point. Unlike SSC, Hot Toys doesn't sell 1:1 items, so there'd be an obvious assumption by collectors that Hulk Buster/Thor was only for display for a show.

We're all very familiar with full-size costumes or props as promos at shows, like what GG did with their Jabba. The huge SW items we're talking about here are 1/6 scale - the same scale that nearly all HT's SW released products are - so this is different.

And the HT announcement says the Falcon's "making an appearance" at the show, not "made only for the show."

Just make it clear... while the Falcon is kind of obvious it'd never be for sale because it's the size of a car, the 1/6 TIE is anything but clear.

Where does it say that? I'm skeptical that this would make it to production but is this from a source or just your opinion?

His source is something very rare of late and becoming rarer. Common sense.

i can't wait to see people stand next to it and take a pic. just to see the enormity of this thing. i'm assuming it'll have cut away parts so we can actually see the interior

Where does it say that? I'm skeptical that this would make it to production but is this from a source or just your opinion?

It's not gonna be a production piece it is for exhibit... That's my sort of opinion... But I have a good reason to have it. ;)

Darklord Dave said even Sideshow (he spoke with them at SDCC) wasn't sure if it would be available or not. Do you have a HT source that confirms it's a "no"?

No, but I do have a source at Disney who deal specifically with SW marketing and merchandise. Between her info and what she has allowed me to see and the recent emails I have sent(since SDCC) I would say no. She has a great track record.

You're missing the key point. Unlike SSC, Hot Toys doesn't sell 1:1 items, so there'd be an obvious assumption by collectors that Hulk Buster/Thor was only for display for a show.

We're all very familiar with full-size costumes or props as promos at shows, like what GG did with their Jabba. The huge SW items we're talking about here are 1/6 scale - the same scale that nearly all HT's SW released products are - so this is different.

And the HT announcement says the Falcon's "making an appearance" at the show, not "made only for the show."

Just make it clear... while the Falcon is kind of obvious it'd never be for sale because it's the size of a car, the 1/6 TIE is anything but clear.

And how is that a bad thing? The entire point of doing these shows is to generate interest and for marketing. If it gets people talking..well guess what..job done.

And yes, hot toys doesn't do 1:1. But they have also diversified into busts, mins, 1/4, and who knows what else going forward. They started out doing 1/6 unlicensed and military figures. Now, not so much.

My point is...what difference does it make? People are going to make assumptions anyway. And the description posted with the photo states it's for the show. The tie fighter they didn't state anything because if the intrest is there they would make it.

Back