Hot Toys 1/6 Millenium Falcon...yup, you heard right! LOL!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
somehow I have my doubts this will go into production. I think HT are just showing off what they can do. I mean they'd be stupid to make something like this. At 18 foot wide it would be too large for most people to display in their rooms or at least take a significant chunk of space to display. Added to that I can only imagine the price if it did go into production. I would say about 3,000 - 4.000 well out of the ordinary collectors budget and can you imagine the shipping or things like returns etc. All in all it would look great and cudos to them for trying but from a practical point of view its not very clever.

I will go on record and say it will never, ever be a production item. Maybe one or two will be made for shows and eventually end up in a crazy person's collection. And if it was ever offered in some magical far off land in which people had rooms that could display an 18ft falcon the price would have to be in excess of $10,000, and I really can't even think what a reasonable price would be.

Just look at the Han in Caronite from Sideshow... it's pretty big, but essentially a giant block. If that's $7,000, how much would something with (I'd guess) hundreds of individual parts and roughly 3 times the size cost :lol

but essentially a giant block. If that's $7,000, how much would something with (I'd guess) hundreds of individual parts and roughly 3 times the size cost :lol

Did I not read somewhere that the cockpit was just the 1st piece and that there will be more? So maybe this is the fully assembled item but they're selling it in pieces.

What would the be actual dimensions of a 1/6 Falcon? :lol

The original fiming model from ANH was 1/24 scale to match the x-wing and Tie models that were also 1/24 scale. The filming model which is often called the 5ft Falcon was actually 5.67 feet long. 5.67ft x 4 and you would have a 1/6 scale falcon at 22.68 ft. long based on the Studio miniature from ANH.

As for the measurements HT used depends on what they are basing their scale on...and how long HT thinks a full sized Falcon would be. Depending on source you can get a length for the full sized Falcon as anything between 80ft and 152ft many people seem to agree that Robert Brown's calculations as documented on his Ship of Riddles site are about right, certainly that's what the Full Scale Falcon guys are working to. That would give an overall length of 114ft or 34.74m, divde that measurement by 6 and you would get 19ft in length for a 1/6 Falcon.

So its all really a matter of opinion...The Falcon has about 3 different sizes:

The 5ft model was the first thing ever built. It has 1:24 model seats inside. The ILM crew built all the ships that were dogfighting in ANH to that same 1:24 scale in case it proved useful. This points to a monstrously big 136ft full size ship.

The soundstage sets were extrapolated off the 5ft model. They were never even ballpark close to fitting each other or the ILM models. The interior sets suggest a 114ft Falcon. The cockpit got 18" deeper (front to back) for ESB & ROTJ to give the actors more room inside.

The 1:1 exterior shells (just the right side for ANH, and the whole ship for ESB) were radically undersized to fit on the soundstages. They were only 82ft long. You can visibly see the cockpit is too small (compared to the interior scenes) when they are walking around underneath it.

The closest thing to an official size, as of 2015, is the 114ft interior size. For Ep#7 they have built the 1:1 scale exterior shell that big for the first time.

Last edited:
I have no idea what Hot Toys is doing here.

All that time, work and energy put into glorified prop marquees that could be better used to improve figures with better likenesses, more details, different characters from other lines, or plastic that won't discolor and rubber that won't rot.

Back