Hot Toys 1/6 Millenium Falcon...yup, you heard right! LOL!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, and next up from hot toys will be a 1/6 scale space slug with asteroid accessory! ��

No, but I do have a source at Disney who deal specifically with SW marketing and merchandise. Between her info and what she has allowed me to see and the recent emails I have sent(since SDCC) I would say no. She has a great track record.

Ok, thanks. Always good to get that sort of info from an insider :)

I'm new to this hobby but this HT company is really got their foot on the gas with new products and aggressive schedules. Not necessarily a good thing when some of the key elements of what we are seeing don't make the grade.

I'm a step closer to some NRD losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Church. Couldn't agree more. Great post.

And how is that a bad thing? The entire point of doing these shows is to generate interest and for marketing. If it gets people talking..well guess what..job done.

And yes, hot toys doesn't do 1:1. But they have also diversified into busts, mins, 1/4, and who knows what else going forward. They started out doing 1/6 unlicensed and military figures. Now, not so much.

My point is...what difference does it make? People are going to make assumptions anyway. And the description posted with the photo states it's for the show. The tie fighter they didn't state anything because if the intrest is there they would make it.

Getting people talking by deliberately confusing them is not cool - even if it's "generating interest." That's the bad thing.

And what is "People are going to make assumptions anyway" supposed to mean? The TIE's either up for sale, out there to generate interest for potential orders, or not for sale - why not just be clear up front?

It's unimportant what HT diversifies into in the future or what they started out doing - as I already said, they DON'T make 1:1 products at all, so when they make/display 1:1 items, it's obviously perceived by fans as promotional show stuff.

But when 1/6 stuff is shown by HT to the public with display cards that are the same as those for actual upcoming HT 1/6 products, it's different - and confusing.

And the description posted with the photo doesn't state it's just for the show - and it's not just because it's in slightly broken English.

The cards we're not the same. They had no price to TBD for the price.

Getting people talking by deliberately confusing them is not cool - even if it's "generating interest." That's the bad thing.

And what is "People are going to make assumptions anyway" supposed to mean? The TIE's either up for sale, out there to generate interest for potential orders, or not for sale - why not just be clear up front?

It's unimportant what HT diversifies into in the future or what they started out doing - as I already said, they DON'T make 1:1 products at all, so when they make/display 1:1 items, it's obviously perceived by fans as promotional show stuff.

But when 1/6 stuff is shown by HT to the public with display cards that are the same as those for actual upcoming HT 1/6 products, it's different - and confusing.

And the description posted with the photo doesn't state it's just for the show - and it's not just because it's in slightly broken English.

How the hell how people be "confused" by a 1/6 Millenium Falcon? I get the 1/6 TIE to an extent, but THIS?

How can some individuals lack so much common sense?

There is no way in hell this is making it to production, ever.

Logically, the size and cost would be prohibitive for HT to make the 1/6 Falcon commercially available (and viable). They will need to ship it to you in a 20' shipping container - in pieces.

But as a SW fan, I'm thrilled to bits at the fact that they are actually building one, especially if they are going to build all the interior sections. And deep down inside, I'm still hoping that they'll put it up for sale, however illogical that may be. After all, since when was 1/6 collecting based on logic? :chillpill:

How the hell how people be "confused" by a 1/6 Millenium Falcon? I get the 1/6 TIE to an extent, but THIS?

How can some individuals lack so much common sense?

There is no way in hell this is making it to production, ever.

To what "extent"? There's no information on the TIE at all, right?

I've already pointed out the fact the Falcon is the size of a car so unlikely to be ever released (despite the fact you can purchase a seven foot long Han Solo in Carbonite for $7000 from Sideshow, or a life size Endo skeleton "collectible") - but the TIE was shown with a HT 1/6 product styled card beside other similarly carded HT 1/6 figures, and with a soon-to-be-released 1/6 pilot inside it. So to what extent did that confuse an individual with loads of common sense?

The specific question I am asking is: why the mystery concerning the TIE? Why not just state whether it will be available, may be available subject to interest, or just a show display piece?

It's a piece that could indicate there is a high-end market for 1/6 scaled vehicles of very large size. Yet there's all this "you're an idiot!" type tone to these comments - despite the fact that the 1/6 TIE may in fact be sold. Even Sideshow couldn't say one way or the other. We've entered an era where people now willingly pay $220-250 for a single, fairly basic 1/6 figure - why wouldn't they pay $1200-1500 for a huge 1/6 vehicle like the TIE?

The bigger question is - if there are hundreds of people willing to pay thousands for huge 1/6 Star Wars vehicles such as a TIE and X-Wing, why wouldn't they eventually be made available for sale?

The bigger question is - if there are hundreds of people willing to pay thousands for huge 1/6 Star Wars vehicles such as a TIE and X-Wing, why wouldn't they eventually be made available for sale?

Look no further than the disastrous QC issues with the 1:6 '89 Batmobile. You think a 1:6 Millennium Falcon won't have QC issues?

All that time, work and energy put into glorified prop marquees that could be better used to improve figures with better likenesses, more details, different characters from other lines, or plastic that won't discolor and rubber that won't rot.

Or finally make the damn 1966 batmobile!:(

Look no further than the disastrous QC issues with the 1:6 '89 Batmobile. You think a 1:6 Millennium Falcon won't have QC issues?

I didn't say the Falcon, and I didn't say HT should be the ones to do it.

Light Cycle, ED, Batmobile...

Logically, the size and cost would be prohibitive for HT to make the 1/6 Falcon commercially available (and viable). They will need to ship it to you in a 20' shipping container - in pieces.

But as a SW fan, I'm thrilled to bits at the fact that they are actually building one, especially if they are going to build all the interior sections. And deep down inside, I'm still hoping that they'll put it up for sale, however illogical that may be. After all, since when was 1/6 collecting based on logic? :chillpill:

Interested to see how Sideshow ships a 7'+, $7000 Han Carbonite block.

Interested to see how Sideshow ships a 7'+, $7000 Han Carbonite block.

Comes in 3 boxes. According to Sideshow, its "only" 91" H x 36" W x 39" L. and that's counting the base. The carbonite slab itself is perhaps around a 1.5 feet thick (maybe?). In comparison, the MF will be 18' L x 12' W (as per HT) and approximately 4.5' H (as per wookiepedia). Laid flat, its 4 times wider, almost 2 1/2 times longer and 3 times taller than the carbonite slab.

Han Solo in Carbonite Life-Size Figure Assembly Instructional Video | Sideshow Collectibles

Last edited:
I would say about $3,000 - $4,000 which is well out of the ordinary collectors budget.

I would say 3-4K is well within the budget of collectors of high end movie memorabilia, no dramas at all.

I'd also say you've dropped one zero.

Getting people talking by deliberately confusing them is not cool - even if it's "generating interest."

Who's confused? People who really think HT are going to put a 20 foot long Falcon into production?

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Who's confused? People who really think HT are going to put a 20 foot long Falcon into production?

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I guess you:

I didn't say the Falcon, and I didn't say HT should be the ones to do it.

I'm not confused at all. I think the chances of even one of these vehicles making it into production is slim to none.

A bit like the chances of a furred 1/6 Chewbacca. Oh, up until September of last year I mean.:lol

I also know the difference between an exhibition piece and a production item.

But clearly not the difference between guessed and confirmed. Confirmed is when we'll actually know.

Nothing's been confirmed yet either way. I think it would be far more interesting to talk about how a 1/6 falcon could be put into production than if it actually will be.

Back