Hot Toys 1/6 Marvel's Spider-Man (Spider-Punk Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Spider Punk is no longer being waitlisted. Guess SS got more inventory than expected?

Yea. It technically went back up for order last week. That is why everyone's wait-lists "converted" last week. Not sure if they got more, or if it is a new tactic to get people to lock orders in through wait-lists thinking it is sold out. This has happened to a few different figures now recently.

Yea. It technically went back up for order last week. That is why everyone's wait-lists "converted" last week. Not sure if they got more, or if it is a new tactic to get people to lock orders in through wait-lists thinking it is sold out. This has happened to a few different figures now recently.

I just think production lines remain open even after the 1st batch is released from Hong Kong.

If the figure becomes highly desirable and orders fill, then HT just supplies more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just think production lines remain open even after the 1st batch is released from Hong Kong.

If the figure becomes highly desirable and orders fill, then HT just supplies more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are likely right and that totally makes sense for newer releases.

I have been a little suspicious of the waitlist items after putting myself on the infinity war Groot waitlist a couple months ago, and it converted within a day and shipped almost right after paying. Seems something like that should be listed as in stock.

Either way, I still need to decide if I want to order Spider Punk. Great looking figure, but I already have Advanced suit and Scarlet coming soon. Decisions.

Well, somehow ive gone from having no interest at all in this figure to somehow needing it in my collection. Even though it isn't my favorite suit from the game by far, the special suit power was my favorite one to use and this figure just turned out so cool looking. Pre-order made.

Well, somehow ive gone from having no interest at all in this figure to somehow needing it in my collection. Even though it isn't my favorite suit from the game by far, the special suit power was my favorite one to use and this figure just turned out so cool looking. Pre-order made.

Yeah...I actually went through the same thing...but I held strong and told myself I didn't even like the suit enough since I never used it in-game. Very happy I didn't cave and relapse and let this plastic crack known as HT siphon more from my wallet!

Unfortunately for you, sadly, it seems your addiction won this time. :lol

Said it once, I'll say it again... this guy is fn cleeeaaan

C8XJxJ5.jpg

Nabbed a loose body from this release off TA, the suit looks really good. I'll probably pick up the LIMTOYS VG Parker head sculpt later on for it.

LSKgWli.jpg

BpxrNm5.jpg

The detail on this suit is great!

EyqWW76.jpg

pu3gi4T.jpg

KGenqSB.jpg

I scoffed at this figure, but I suppose that's the irony since I just pulled the trigger on this guy...found a really good deal on eBay coupled with a $15 off coupon, well it was kind of a no-brainer.

Like many have stated on here, I doubt the production run on this figure was high or anything, so once he's gone, he's gone!

I scoffed at this figure, but I suppose that's the irony since I just pulled the trigger on this guy...found a really good deal on eBay coupled with a $15 off coupon, well it was kind of a no-brainer.

Like many have stated on here, I doubt the production run on this figure was high or anything, so once he's gone, he's gone!
I can't get my stupid eBay coupon to work. They sent it to me and it doesn't accept it on the app as it should.

I can't get my stupid eBay coupon to work. They sent it to me and it doesn't accept it on the app as it should.

Ohhh, you're having issues with TRIPLETHRILL too then right? I had the same exact issue...I ended up calling eBay customer support and they just ended up giving me a separate $15 coupon for my issues. Once I made the purchase they sent me another $15 coupon.

Give em a call!

Ohhh, you're having issues with TRIPLETHRILL too then right? I had the same exact issue...I ended up calling eBay customer support and they just ended up giving me a separate $15 coupon for my issues. Once I made the purchase they sent me another $15 coupon.

Give em a call!
Man I did that and they said that the $15 coupon would be sent to be within 24 hours. No such luck yet. I might try again.

Man I did that and they said that the $15 coupon would be sent to be within 24 hours. No such luck yet. I might try again.

Hmm, that's kinda annoying...although full disclosure I did call them yesterday too...so I guess approx. 24 hours did pass before I called them again (today) about the situation.

Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow then!

Hmm, that's kinda annoying...although full disclosure I did call them yesterday too...so I guess approx. 24 hours did pass before I called them again (today) about the situation.

Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow then!

I actually managed to get them to sort it out. They pressed hard, needed screenshots of my email etc. but I was able to get it. Today they were much faster to just find a way to issue me a coupon, which leads me to believe more folks had the issue.

All that led me to find out that if you select the PayPal Credit promo for 12 months/no interest you can't use the coupon :lol. So I settled on taking advantage of that and getting $40 in eBucks and finally spung for DX17 Darth Maul. I'll use those on Bucky later on. I'll need to grab something for $15 now though, no reason to let that go to waste.

I actually managed to get them to sort it out. They pressed hard, needed screenshots of my email etc. but I was able to get it. Today they were much faster to just find a way to issue me a coupon, which leads me to believe more folks had the issue.

All that led me to find out that if you select the PayPal Credit promo for 12 months/no interest you can't use the coupon :lol. So I settled on taking advantage of that and getting $40 in eBucks and finally spung for DX17 Darth Maul. I'll use those on Bucky later on. I'll need to grab something for $15 now though, no reason to let that go to waste.

Yeah, their eBay bucks promo going on is pretty sweet...problem is I don't shop that often on eBay to get to use those bucks in time cause they always expire so damn soon!

Glad your situation was resolved though. :hi5:

for those of you that own this figure and have been posing it, have any of you experienced any issues with the material?

For me, I basically had mine in museum pose with the clamps attached, but even the clamps left a mark...

not a big deal, and can't really be noticed...

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 11.56.39 AM.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t own this figure, but I’ve seen that happen on other figures with a similar material. That’s why I never use clamps on figures like this.

Yeah if you clamp any suited figure, try and grip something more solid or in a way that it's not actually gripping the figure. Their clamps are too frigging strong sometimes.

Back