Hot Toys 1:6 Justice League Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved hearing Elfman's score combined with Zack's style for Batman's opening scene. A two hour film with that particular dynamic would ROCK. However Elfman's music for the rest of the film didn't strike me as particularly inspired or memorable. That's just after one viewing though.

I do think the score, or lack there of, did play a large part in making it not feel as Snyder-esque for many. MoS and BvS I think had the best scores for modern day superhero films. The best parts of the JL score to me were hearing the brief bits of the classic 89 Batman theme and the 78 Superman theme, and then hearing Zimmer again when the team first entered the Kryptonian scout ship to revive Superman. This film didn't really have an iconic score of its own though as a whole.

Although my initial point with Snyder and Whedon was that even with Snyder still at the directing helm, he had hired on Whedon to add some input on and screenwrite some scenes. So what felt Whedon-esque as far as the scenes go I think was likely already going to be there in the first place. When Zack stepped aside, I don't think Whedon did too many drastic changes (thankfully). I'm certain he did change some of Zack's things here and there, but I don't believe he gave the film just a complete and utter overhaul and began rewriting scenes like crazy.

Bringing on Elfman for the score I think is the biggest change he made and what took away from the film the most as far as making it feel Snyder-esque, because we were accustomed to hearing the scores of Zimmer on MoS and Zimmer and Junkie XL on BvS, and those scores fit the films perfectly.

Having the same theatrical rendition of this film but with a completely different score done by say Junkie XL or Zimmer, I think could change the tone drastically without even altering anything scene wise. I missed hearing Clark Kent's theme from MoS and BvS in JL, especially at the part when he was attempting to regather his memories in the field at his farm and then reconnected with his mother, as well as at the end when they were moving her back into the Kent family home.

Yeah Elfman has obviously done some amazing stuff in the past, but the score here just felt awfully generic and piecemeal to me, and I really missed the richer and more consistent (not to mention more badass) sound of the previous movies.

I watched it again. The opening montage with Superman memorial flags all over the world, had the beautiful "Everybody" by Sigrid, very Zack Snyder feel. Then we get to the bank heist and mofoing Elfman goes into this junk of an intro, which apparently is a modified WW theme. Wtf is the first 20 seconds? Penguin revival track? Doesn't fit the mood at all, except trying make it "light hearted" somehow.

Aside from that, I noticed all the parts where Batman/Bruce wasn't brooding were all Whedon, based on what ultracal31 said. The part about "Something's definitely bleeding," and the high-pitched Bruce voice when talking to the team (with the scene ending with another question about talking to fish.) The scene after that was with Wonder Woman in the bedroom, and Bruce's voice is back to the BvS brooding sound (Synder scene.) The airplane scene of him shaving and talking about Penguin days also didn't sound like BvS Bruce, because that's a Whedon reshoot. Sigh.

Yeah Elfman has obviously done some amazing stuff in the past, but the score here just felt awfully generic and piecemeal to me, and I really missed the richer and more consistent (not to mention more badass) sound of the previous movies.

Right? In BvS, when Batwing flew towards the building and he jumps off, that score was hair raising. Instead we get Danny Elfman in JL. I never really like Batman Returns, and watching it recently, part of the reason was the over-the-top score. I hope we don't get a repeat of the 90s. Armors getting more and more complex, things get more and more over-the-top.

Yeah the score did have a bit of a 90s feel to it, or early 2000s.

As for the reshoots, I guess another way to tell is by the extra weight Affleck seemed to have put on. And he definitely seems pretty beefy in some shots.

I watched it again. The opening montage with Superman memorial flags all over the world, had the beautiful "Everybody" by Sigrid, very Zack Snyder feel. Then we get to the bank heist and mofoing Elfman goes into this junk of an intro, which apparently is a modified WW theme. Wtf is the first 20 seconds? Penguin revival track? Doesn't fit the mood at all, except trying make it "light hearted" somehow.

Aside from that, I noticed all the parts where Batman/Bruce wasn't brooding were all Whedon, based on what ultracal31 said. The part about "Something's definitely bleeding," and the high-pitched Bruce voice when talking to the team (with the scene ending with another question about talking to fish.) The scene after that was with Wonder Woman in the bedroom, and Bruce's voice is back to the BvS brooding sound (Synder scene.) The airplane scene of him shaving and talking about Penguin days also didn't sound like BvS Bruce, because that's a Whedon reshoot. Sigh.

Right? In BvS, when Batwing flew towards the building and he jumps off, that score was hair raising. Instead we get Danny Elfman in JL. I never really like Batman Returns, and watching it recently, part of the reason was the over-the-top score. I hope we don't get a repeat of the 90s. Armors getting more and more complex, things get more and more over-the-top.
That is the word I was looking for.. hair raising theme!!!!!!
Bloody BvS and MOS had some amazing theme...
Kinda like, the next time i hear the intro, that scene in the movie automatically pops into my mind...
Elfman's score..meh... Soso..
I need them to announce the rest of the JL figures!!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I know I am in the minority here but does anybody else want a Steppenwolf figure from HT? Though he was flawed in the movie, I thought he was a cool looking villain.

What character in a film is ever "perfect" on this site? :lol

Though I do agree a Steppenwolf figure would be cool. The CGI on him was a bit sketchy, but it didn't take away from the film. He was a good villain.

What character in a film is ever "perfect" on this site? :lol

Though I do agree a Steppenwolf figure would be cool. The CGI on him was a bit sketchy, but it didn't take away from the film. He was a good villain.

Agree he was a cool looking character. But the cgi was atrocious. Lip sync was often totally out. When you compare this to Rogue One Tarkin or any recent Andy Zirkus Planet of the Apes work for example they’re in a totally different league.

I know I am in the minority here but does anybody else want a Steppenwolf figure from HT? Though he was flawed in the movie, I thought he was a cool looking villain.

if they made & released it, i’d have to buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What character in a film is ever "perfect" on this site? [emoji38]

I enjoyed Justice League but found Steppenwolf to easily be the weakest part of the movie. I found him to be a very bland and boring villain. Very run of the mill type.

I would love a Steppenwolf. Especially if we got a director's cut of the film. As for the theatrical cut...*sigh*

Yeah it was definitely an odd choice for a first villain in a JL movie. Especially given that Doomsday appeared to pose a MUCH greater threat to the heroes at the end of BvS. Hell if he had gotten there earlier in JL, Superman probably could have beaten the crap out of Steppenwolf all by himself.

Haha good point. Doomsday really was quite powerful. It made Ares in WW look like a wimp, especially with the tiny thunderbolt it took to kill him.

I personally thought Superman was overpowered in JL. He got rid of Steppenwolf far too easily.

Maybe ill need to watch again. But this was my initial impression.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, he was too easily defeated by superman , I want to see metallo in the next solo superman movie kryptonite, magic, and red sun is Superman's weakness. I got a feeling black Adam is going to knock him down a notch or two

I think Steppenwolf was a better JL villain than Doomsday because while still being powerful (though not as strong as Doomsday), he actually has a plan and is more tactful. Doomsday is just a mindless beast whose only role and purpose in the universe is to kill Superman. I don't really see him making for a good nor interesting JL villain. I don't feel he as a villain would be able to carry the entire duration of a film; I think the way he was introduced merely as an abomination in the third act of BvS was fine for the type of villain he is.

So, back to actual story.. When HT is announcing cyborg and normal bats.....?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back