Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought a "HIGH END COLLECTIBLE" was vintage car or some WWII gun(German Mauser) or something. Maybe a musket.....say what you want, owning a musket would be cool ! :banana

Sorry you can't afford it.

Toy
120897571438661400.jpg

High End
900457_press10-001.jpg

I was really close to picking an attendee one up just to flip, but I did my once-a-year-good-samaritan and didn't. Hope that is one more for an actual IM collector.

Anyone else turned off by the light battle damage look? The paint looks cool in the sideshow pics but with the damage look it just looks like it has paint chipping.

Anyone else turned off by the light battle damage look? The paint looks cool in the sideshow pics but with the damage look it just looks like it has paint chipping.

i think that's the best part...it gives it a more realistic, metal like look.

Without that battle damage effect this figure would be duller than it already is.

If you wanted a metallic appearance to the armor you should just buy the Mark II.

darn missed out on it, now im on the waitlist but dont really think i have a good chance

What 'up flippers?! Didn't leave any for the real fans.

If anyone changes their mind, I'll be at comic-con. You can pay for it and then sell it to me. Seriously.

That is one of the key things that makes him look awesome.

I'm going to have to agree with ca35 I don't see much difference other than the arm rockets and size.

If you seriously don't see the difference, then you are forever dead to me and should sell off all your "high end" figures and stick to the toy shelf at wallmart.

What 'up flippers?! Didn't leave any for the real fans.

If anyone changes their mind, I'll be at comic-con. You can pay for it and then sell it to me. Seriously.

That ain't no joke, once this thing went on pre-order the flippers started posting outta of the word work, non IM fans and non Marvel fans... I was sitting here thinking where da hell did all these peeps come from... :emperor
I was talkn to Evil and Iron Mike and all of a sudden BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flood watch, flood warning.... :lol

Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (silly thing version)

I like the color, but I doubt I'd buy it. I do get the feeling these will be expensive to get later

:lol:lol:lol

I don't blam yah, I've been going back and forth on this piece but there's just too much more that I want than another version of the Mark III that I all ready have and they are either PF's, Dio's or 1/4 scale pieces, so it's hard for me to lay off this one but I must...

Last edited:
I always thought a "HIGH END COLLECTIBLE" was vintage car or some WWII gun(German Mauser) or something. Maybe a musket.....say what you want, owning a musket would be cool ! :banana

I agree. The only collectibles that Sideshow sells that I would really consider high end are the Life size C3PO and R2D2, Star Wars Frames,and perhaps the bronze Boba Fett. In the grand scheme of collectibles, comic book material isn't really high end, unless it's a mint copy of Action Comics number 1 for $25,000 or so, or something like that. Considering the fact that there are collectibles in this world that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, can these things really be considered high end collectibles? High end comic collectibles, yes, because they cost a lot more than most other things you will find at a comic shop, but compared to things auctioned off at Sotheby's, they are actually quite affordable. However, just because they aren't super expensive doesn't make me want them any less.

:lol:lol:lol

I don't blam yah, I've been going back and forth on this piece but there's just too much more that I want than another version of the Mark III that I all ready have and they are either PF's, Dio's or 1/4 scale pieces, so it's hard for me to lay off this one but I must...

:lol Lucky for me, besides PT's Deadpool and a few HT's here and there, I was able to make sure I'd have funds to spare by the time he comes out in late July. I usually miss out on cool exclusives like these, so it's finally good to be able to get one for once.

Of course it's a toy, or at least a model kit. All action figures are toys. This is just a high end action figure.
:lol
sarcasm.jpg

Back