Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fine .

3304332409_664031483f.jpg

Either way, I'm a Toys R Us kid who has one of these and only 29 other people do. :D

Wow. This thread took a wrong turn fast.

I know there is a big difference between the hasbro toy and this. Its just the Mark III painted grey and the Mark III is a work of art. But the actual coloring isn't that different from the hasbro one. Sure there is some battle damage and other details that hasbro wouldn't even think about doing, but in general, the coloring is more or less the same.

Personally, I'll stick with the Mark II for the 'unfinished' look, but for those wanting to build the armory up with EU designs, more power to you. But with so much stuff coming up and no sudden increase in fundage, this got a quick pass from me. Had it been cheaper I might have biten, but this is too much for a simple repaint.

I do see this ending up as a grail item though so I guess you guys will have the last laugh in the end.

Wow. This thread took a wrong turn fast.

I know there is a big difference between the hasbro toy and this. Its just the Mark III painted grey and the Mark III is a work of art. But the actual coloring isn't that different from the hasbro one. Sure there is some battle damage and other details that hasbro wouldn't even think about doing, but in general, the coloring is more or less the same.

Personally, I'll stick with the Mark II for the 'unfinished' look, but for those wanting to build the armory up with EU designs, more power to you. But with so much stuff coming up and no sudden increase in fundage, this got a quick pass from me. Had it been cheaper I might have biten, but this is too much for a simple repaint.

I do see this ending up as a grail item though so I guess you guys will have the last laugh in the end.

:lecture, one word "Venom", since Emma has died...

Yeah, I will concede that this is a very nice piece for those that are excited about it. As far as me, I just can't justify the expense for what is essentially a repaint. At that, a repaint that never actually appeared in the movie. The Mark II at least had enough different about it to make it almost like an entirely new figure.

I'm not impressed with this one. HT should have added something special with it, i.e. alternate headsculpt, but it is just a repaint. I'm passing on this one big time. At least I'll have the other 3.

Pass for me also. I am running out of space for the MAIN things I want as is............so something like this is something I can easily walk away from. Congrat's to all those who were able to snag one.

Someone posted a few pages back that the owner of Sillythings or whatever has a store full of gray items.

It was that the owner of Silly Things favorite color is grey right now. Strange as it seems that was it.

I was able to get one on Non-Attendee Priority Pre-order last week. Pretty damn happy about it too. I'm glad a lot of you decided to pass.

I was able to get one on Non-Attendee Priority Pre-order last week. Pretty damn happy about it too. I'm glad a lot of you decided to pass.

So u r happy u passed and happy ppl passed on it as well? Just seeing that I got ur point of the post... I passed as well, couldn't justify.

So u r happy u passed and happy ppl passed on it as well? Just seeing that I got ur point of the post... I passed as well, couldn't justify.

I'm sorry, I shall clarify. No, I did not pass on this. I was able to secure my order via phone since I had no access to a PC when the Priority Pre-order kicked off. As I understand it the non-attendee Mark III sold out very quickly. Those who decided to pass on this made it easier for me to score one at the original cost at hit time. I was worried about missing out on this. I figured the value would skyrocket once it was sold out. I think it will be great displayed next to my other Iron Man collectibles. I do understand why people would scoff at the idea of this limited edition figure, but I think I'll be quite pleased with it.

IMO, I would seriously save the money for the HT Mark 1 figure which is coming out soon I hope?...Exclusive if they could have the battle-damaged version IM instead of painting it matt grey? :confused:

Don't know if this has been posted before, but according to toysrevil, the Silly Thing version of IM will also be offered at the HK Ani-com (July 31-Aug 4 at Hall 1, HK Convention & Exhibition Centre) and the Tokyo Toy Show (July 16-19 at Tokyo Big Sight / West Exhibition Hall 1-4). Not that limited after all?
I'm just happy about the fact that SSC made this available to people that can't attend any of the toy shows. Big Thank you to SSC.

Back