Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark VI Neon Tech 2.0 Yellow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark VI Neon Tech Yellow

Well at the Con it was $380 flat. This is $385 + shipping and if you live in California sales tax also. They didn't charge sales tax oddly enough at SDCC.

Still, cost of going to the con and possibly shipping it or packing it from there (Baggage fee maybe) it still isnt that great of a convenience

I dont know why anyone buys into Sideshows hype train anymore, its such a joke

I feel bad for those who bought this at SDCC, How much better would your experience have been had you known this was going to happen? you could have saved space and money at the con and allocated funds to other things, then after the con ordered this on a payment plan... :lol

Totally agree. This has been a trend for the past few years, ruins the concept of a con exclusive IMO. Stoked for the completionists, but I do like the idea of "rare hard to find figures".

Shoot i wasn't going to order, but well why not, not like i haven't ordered everything else lately!

Still, cost of going to the con and possibly shipping it or packing it from there (Baggage fee maybe) it still isnt that great of a convenience

I doubt anyone went to the con JUST to get this. It was more i'm going and i can pick this up while i am there and save some cash.

Yeah we didn’t know about the exclusive until a couple weeks before the Con. Definitely not a waste. Saving on tax and shipping helps. At least $50 savings since I live in CA.

Definitely. Saved money on flight, hotel, and Convention tickets!

Oh, and @#$& You Scalpers!

Definitely. Saved money on flight, hotel, and Convention tickets!

Oh, and @#$& You Scalpers!

I would have loved to have bought this at SDCC just because it would mean i would have been there and had a few days of fun. It's on my bucket list to go there someday.

Scalpers can do whatever they want because I would never buy this for anything above retail. IM is the bulk of my collection and this will look good with the 1st but if i had missed this one i would have not lost any sleep over it.

I offered someone $580 on EBay a few weeks ago and they declined my offer :lol

Hahaha! I hope it's still up there and stays up there indefinitely until it gets sold at a loss.

I offered someone $580 on EBay a few weeks ago and they declined my offer :lol

Dollar amount saved due to myopic greed, $580. The look on the Seller's/Scalper's face when Sideshow dropped the General Release Preorder, Priceless.

Really happy this didn't sell out yet. Overlooked all the posts yesterday unfortunately. Just got my pre order in now though :)

I would have loved to have bought this at SDCC just because it would mean i would have been there and had a few days of fun. It's on my bucket list to go there someday.

Scalpers can do whatever they want because I would never buy this for anything above retail. IM is the bulk of my collection and this will look good with the 1st but if i had missed this one i would have not lost any sleep over it.

Keeping it 100%, that's on my Bucket List too, attending SDCC... But I'm hearing the first batch or the early 2.0 convention pieces were rush-jobs and have rampant QC paint issues. Hopefully those issues will be mitigated or resolved by the time the General Release pieces drop in Q3/Q4.

Hahaha! I hope it's still up there and stays up there indefinitely until it gets sold at a loss.

Unfortunately it won't stay unsold for long... And eventually he'll sell it for more. But at least our blog-mate here took a (W)!!

Just general question, why is selling this for over retail scalping, but selling other figures for over retail is just reselling?

To elaborate, unfortunately I buy sneakers. That is full of bots and groups etc, specifically to buy shoes to resell. They block people from buying shoes for themselves (me) to turn a profit. That, IMHO, is black and white scalping. Same with concert tickets and other stuff like that.

Convention exclusives (not just this one but the numerous other ones throughout the year) are a bit of a grey area IMHO. Because not everyone has access to them, they are inherently more limited, demand is higher and generally go for over retail. I don't necessarily see that as scalping per say. To the people that were at the event, and weren't able to purchase the item, yes I'd consider it scalping. But to the large number of folks, that didn't go to the show and had no access to it, it seems like just reselling. Again just IMO so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

That question opens a can of worms. Many people believe that its scalping if the item is either still available from a retail outlet, only very recently sold out, or is still in the preorder stage. If a figure came out some years ago, then its just reselling whatever the price. Lots of room for grey areas of course. On the other hand, in most cases its kind of like the famous definition of obscenity - you know it when you see it. :lol

It’s all about intentions. If you bought to sell it’s scalping. If you bought for yourself, and later decided to sell for market value then it is not scalping. Only you know if you are a scalper or not.

Just general question, why is selling this for over retail scalping, but selling other figures for over retail is just reselling?

To elaborate, unfortunately I buy sneakers. That is full of bots and groups etc, specifically to buy shoes to resell. They block people from buying shoes for themselves (me) to turn a profit. That, IMHO, is black and white scalping. Same with concert tickets and other stuff like that.

Convention exclusives (not just this one but the numerous other ones throughout the year) are a bit of a grey area IMHO. Because not everyone has access to them, they are inherently more limited, demand is higher and generally go for over retail. I don't necessarily see that as scalping per say. To the people that were at the event, and weren't able to purchase the item, yes I'd consider it scalping. But to the large number of folks, that didn't go to the show and had no access to it, it seems like just reselling. Again just IMO so take it with a grain of salt.

Your shoe example is scalping.

If someone preorders a figure, waits a year or more, with the sole intent to resell upon sell out, that is in no way scalping. It’s just selling for market. It’s being willing to take a risk to reap a potential reward should the figure be popular upon release or soon after.

This Neon example is a gray area for sure. The figure wasn’t really available to many collectors and others are using personal circumstance to take advantage of the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back