1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rubber pieces are hidden by the armor (gray areas in pics below), so it really shouldn't be an issue. I don't think they're even painted.

View attachment 469504

View attachment 469505

So the socket hole and the grey petals are rubber? If its rubber its going to deteriorate. First you will starting having a figure that can't hold up its arms, then eventually have no arms at all once they fall out of the socket. They did this all for a pod mode that nobody is going to use? Very disappointed. Use the weakest materials for the area with the most heat and friction, what the hell kind of design is that? If someone has more information that will be very welcome.

I am somewhat concerned that those "soft" holes won't hold a grip long term. Drooping arms would be a sad result of an otherwise great figure.

But like almost ALL HT figures, over time their luster fades and there's always something new and shiny and better to chase. In 3-4 years, will you even care? Do you care about your plastic Mk 7 with the pink panties now? I remember how obsessive people were, painting those panties to protect it... now it seems no one cares.

For those that want to make potty jokes (like me), I made it easy for you: those "soft" holes won't hold a grip

Justin is sponsored by Toys Wonderland in HK so he gets all his stuff for free and super quick now.

Pretty certain he doesn?t get them for free. He?s came out several times against those allegations of free figures and states while he gets a discount he still has to fork over a good amount of money for the figures.

So the socket hole and the grey petals are rubber? If its rubber its going to deteriorate. First you will starting having a figure that can't hold up its arms, then eventually have no arms at all once they fall out of the socket. They did this all for a pod mode that nobody is going to use? Very disappointed. Use the weakest materials for the area with the most heat and friction, what the hell kind of design is that? If someone has more information that will be very welcome.

Couldn't agree more. That is a horrible design choice...

The pod mode always seemed like a stupid gimmick that would adversely affect the figure design. Aside from that, this figure looks amazing. Can't wait to get it in hand.

The grey petals, have been rubber on other Diecast Iron Men. I think it was the Mark 42 they first appeared on. Some people had problems with them ?Melting? because of the friction, then it seemed later batches didn?t have that problem. I never had a problem with mine. The socket itself looks like that clear plastic they?ve used before.

Are there still ppl hoping to complete the IM3 party protocol? I feel like that?s a redundant question.

Only figures I got from that film was Starboost and MK2 WM, both of which I still really like. Was very interested in the Silver Centurion and won?t lie if it got the diecast treatment, was done well id love that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why wouldn't they? Now that Endgame is done and Tony Stark is dead, why wouldn't they continue the HPP? It's Iron Man, they'll sell. They won't be in diecast, but in standard plastic like the other HPP suits. Like Roc has stated many times, they only need 2 more original suits to complete the parts list to make all the others since a lot of suits are amalgams anyway. Jack has been teased. Hammerhead and Nightclub give you the final parts to make ALL remaining armors up to the 42. Why wouldn't they continue to print money. They can complete the re-issue of 1-7 in diecast, then finish 8-41 in plastic (man of those are already done) and give you a total of Mk I - L and Mk LXXXV and then they're done. There is no more Iron Man, so they won't need likeness rights for RDJ. With no head sculpts, prices should be reasonable. I think they did the suits he showed his face in already. I firmly believe this line will be completed.

The grey petals, have been rubber on other Diecast Iron Men. I think it was the Mark 42 they first appeared on. Some people had problems with them ?Melting? because of the friction, then it seemed later batches didn?t have that problem. I never had a problem with mine. The socket itself looks like that clear plastic they?ve used before.

Can you elaborate a bit? So a more recent suit like the Mark V or 46 should have the same exact grey plastic sections too? If so then I?m not worried at all. The 42 was their first diecast figure, and if you?re claiming that they fixed the issue on later batches then I?m assuming that much more recent suits should be more than okay.

Rubber doesn't last.

Insightful. Well if it's like that on other Iron Man figs, like he said, then it shouldn't make a difference (cause there's barely any reported issues about it). But yeah, if not, **** this stupid pod mode idea that nobody wanted. I would have killed for another no-nonsense diecast remake but with a cheap plastic pod accessory, would have been so dope.

Insightful.

:lol

If you have a fixed pose most of the time, you're likely fine. But those of you who like to play with your toys and repose a lot, well you have to worry. You don't need stories about how it will be fine... you have experience with rubber? You seen what happens over time? Then you know how this will end.

But like I said, you're a collector, you won't care in 2-4 years.

:lol

If you have a fixed pose most of the time, you're likely fine. But those of you who like to play with your toys and repose a lot, well you have to worry. You don't need stories about how it will be fine... you have experience with rubber? You seen what happens over time? Then you know how this will end.

But like I said, you're a collector, you won't care in 2-4 years.

Yeah I fully understand your point, just saying that if it IS actually like this on other Iron Man figures (which wouldn?t be out of the ordinary, as this is the only time people are "meant" to actually remove the arms, so it could be the first time people noticed), then nobody should care because there have been no issues with rubber on those diecast figs. If it's just the Mark 7 with those rubber parts, then yes, be annoyed.

Can you elaborate a bit? So a more recent suit like the Mark V or 46 should have the same exact grey plastic sections too? If so then I?m not worried at all. The 42 was their first diecast figure, and if you?re claiming that they fixed the issue on later batches then I?m assuming that much more recent suits should be more than okay.

You would have to ask someone else that have the more recent suits if those same sections are a rubber material. I?ve not had those in hand.
I remember people talking about this issue when the 42 first came out and then later nobody seemed to have any issue with it.

Friend of mine says the Mk 6 sockets are rubber.

Of course, we haven't had that a few years yet so verdict will be out no matter what.

Someone with a time machine needs to go 10 years into the future to see how our dollies are doing.

EDIT: a friend of mine with a time machine just did that and said no one is into 1/6th anymore and we all collect 1/10th scale in the future.

Friend of mine says the Mk 6 sockets are rubber.

Of course, we haven't had that a few years yet so verdict will be out no matter what.

Someone with a time machine needs to go 10 years into the future to see how our dollies are doing.

EDIT: a friend of mine with a time machine just did that and said no one is into 1/6th anymore and we all collect 1/10th scale in the future.

Lmao at your edit! :rotfl

Also the MCU is head in 10 years right? DCEU reigns supreme??? :gah: :panic: :lol

Yep, just made a post on Sixth Scale Network, people are saying their Mark 46s have that, and Justin even said they're common. Not sure why he made it seem like an issue then. Sorry btw Wor Gar, guess it?s back on the table for you now lol.

Back