1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These were posted earlier today by someone on FB, for those who don't have it. Looks incredible.

FB_IMG_1571963778380.jpg

FB_IMG_1571963762198.jpg

FB_IMG_1571963768254.jpg

FB_IMG_1571963941541.jpg

I ruled this one out as well. My plastic Mark VII is in pristine condition and I don't display it with my other diecast IMs, so no issue with it being out of scale. And while it's an impressive design feat by HT, I'd never buy this version to put it in the transforming pod form so I can't see paying extra for it. I also still don't like the new knees as IMO they look too elongated and narrow, plus no one's leg (except maybe Reed Richards') bends like that. :lol But don't get me wrong - this guy still looks great, especially when he's all decked out with his weapons. I see they even gave him the hip flares again. Nice.

View attachment 469087

This. The weird knees kind of ruined it for me. That and I already have the excellent VI diecast plus I don't think I'll ever do the pod mode display. Overall, I don't think I missed out on this too much and saved me some money. To me, it's just the hype of a new release that's probably stirring the pot... I'll get through it.

I?d like to see side by side pics with the original release of MKVII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness!

How did they make the helmet look EVEN BETTER!?

I swear it looks better than it does on the IV and VI. Most accurate helmet so far in my opinion, can't find any flaws. It's beautiful.

Thanks for sharing Dave. I appreciate these pictures more than the heavily edited blogger pics.

Last edited:
I'll be looking out for Justin's review. He or Xenom0rph will definitely compare it to the recent Mk 6.

I really like the look of this armor with battle-damage AND all weapons out. He's a beast.

Thank you for sharing those photos you found, Hologram AI. I?m glad my MKVII doesn?t have the pink panties issue... I think I have to somehow budget the Diecast version now. I?ll continue to use the plastic one in my Stan Lee autograph line.

The one thing I don't like about my original Mark VII is inside the elbow joints where it's the unpainted, dull red plastic. That is corrected here (painted just like all the other diecast IMs). Fortunately for my wallet that's not enough to get me to pull the trigger on this guy, as despite how good he looks with all his weapons and battle damage I still can't get past those knees. I wish they had offered standard version of this guy with normal knee joints.

The one thing I don't like about my original Mark VII is inside the elbow joints where it's the unpainted, dull red plastic. That is corrected here (painted just like all the other diecast IMs). Fortunately for my wallet that's not enough to get me to pull the trigger on this guy, as despite how good he looks with all his weapons and battle damage I still can't get past those knees. I wish they had offered standard version of this guy with normal knee joints.

Even worse than that on the older Mark VII and other models, it's rubber instead of plastic. That's where the dullness comes from, not from being unpainted. Makes me shudder lol, so glad Hot Toys has been redoing armors they've already made in the first place.

I wondered how long it would be before people turned on the 50.

Anyway, the issue I've always had with the VII is that its so similar to the VI on the shelf. To the untrained eyes. The Mk 1 to the Mk 5 to the Mk 6 has this nice evolution... but then the 7 just looks like a bulky 6... After the 6 the next logical step in variation for me is the Mk 45 (which people seemed to have turned on as well lately) but I really like its organic styling. Then I would end the line with the Mk 85 melding the two armor styles (mechanical and organic).

So for me, an ideal evolution would be: Marks 1, 2, 5, 6, 45, 85

Very similar evolution of the MCU suits in my mind as well but I would actually add a few and reorganize some as well. My ideal armor evolutionary list would look something like this (leaving out most HPP ones like the Mk. 41 which really does work as a prototype prehensile armor):

Marks 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 43, 46, 45, 50, 85. Also in Endgame, I feel it was a missed opportunity (both for story and merchandising) after the Thanos attack that they didn?t have the 85 somehow emulate the comics Model Prime armor to change into a 3rd Hulkbuster (or Thanos Buster).

Back