1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's downright shameful that they reused the old terminator base on this. Mine going straight into the hall of armor but I still find it annoying that they didn't bother to produce something new and nice on a $400+ figure. I can't wait to have 1-7 and the endgame armors so I can finally quit buying these things.

Not sure if you guys have noticed already, but the forearm missiles are arm switch-out attachments and not magnetic. Just one solid piece. Interesting way to go, would’ve assumed they would be magnetic, since I thought all Iron Man figs went that route nowadays. Don’t know if the original plastic had that as well or if it had magnets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to start making specially designed bases for the die cast figures, something can allow for aerial posing. Start giving us something for that 400$.
Agree. I’ve got like $3k in diecast IM figures from Hot Toys. I can’t use the huge diorama bases or the ugly, non matching standard bases. It’s frustrating.

Yeah i just don't understand the prices on these DC IM, but since endgame is it for RDJ i guess i will not have to buy them anymore soon. Once the MK1 gets done in DC i will be done with IM.

Not sure if you guys have noticed already, but the forearm missiles are arm switch-out attachments and not magnetic. Just one solid piece. Interesting way to go, would’ve assumed they would be magnetic, since I thought all Iron Man figs went that route nowadays. Don’t know if the original plastic had that as well or if it had magnets.

Most of the plastic Mk. VII’s (including repaints & Midas’s) use a simple plastic tab to swap from the closed pods to the open missiles.

Yeah as lame as this base is, I'd still take it over the Mk46 base, which is an absolute pain to pose anything on.

The Mk. 46 base is just a reuse of a reuse, which I’m sure you know. Mk. 45 and diecast Mk. VI are the last IM bases that were unique and actually fit “the” figures!

Totally agree on it being a lazy reuse of the Terminator base, but id much rather these square ones make a return over the recent Infinity War ones, they are just awful :dunno

I don't like how much space those big dx squares types use up, very wasteful if you just plan on a neutral standing pose. Which again i really wish they would design a die-cast type stand that will let use pose them in the air.

With the exception of the mark vi base the rest of the Diecast iron man bases have left a ton to be desired. Wish HT would have done an original base for the original 2-7 Diecasts.

So I missed the collector's edition by 2 days. Am on the waitlist. How likely is it to convert if I got on it so quickly?

You mean the exclusive, the collector edition is still available. To answer your question, this isn?t really a Scarlet Spider scenario where they?re manufacturing more, it?s more of a one-off sort of thing. After all, it?s just the suit pod hologram, they know people will just buy the collector edition as opposed to not buying it at all if the exclusive is waitlisted. So I?d say keep your hopes low, it?s a pure ?if someone takes their order out? waitlist, and not a ?will produce more to meet demand? waitlist.

The punctuation marks turning into question marks over the last couple days on this forum is really annoying lol.

The only thing the exclusive has is that tiny plastic hologram. Not worth waiting for it and missing the Collector Edition, it will probable get waitlisted sometime soon.

The only thing the exclusive has is that tiny plastic hologram. Not worth waiting for it and missing the Collector Edition, it will probable get waitlisted sometime soon.

And like I said, Sideshow will swap them out for you should your waitlist convert after purchasing the collector edition.

I don't see where you said they would swap it out? Not sure they would even do that.

They do, I wouldn?t say they would if I wasn?t sure. I was going to say to scroll up but I think the post got deleted from the forum being under construction right now, so here:
e7516e253062b1f500ea9d4a5a2e01fb.jpg

Back