1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:duff Yeah, I figure I'll have to grab this at retail before he jumps if I decide to go that route.

Since most of the armors look pretty amazing, that's really started to play into it in my decision-making. I'm still very tentative about veering too much outside Star Wars, but I dug the vast majority of the Marvel Universe movies and Tony/Downey was really the glue for those movies for me. I bought the Mark IV cause it's basically a perfect-looking original-style Iron Man, but then rewatched the movie and was like, meh. :lol

Don’t understand the love for the Mark IV. Looks are always subjective, but in terms of meaning (which weighs into how much I like his suits), it means nothing to me. Had a cool suit down, then Tony was depressed for the entire second act of the movie and wore it like a T-shirt, which really brought down the novelty for me (not the depression but how he wore it like normal clothes). Honestly I irrationally hate that suit lol, the 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 are all much higher ranked in my own personal ranking. 7 is my favorite of his hall of armors/OG suits, and the 85 dethroned the 46 for his modern ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 is my favorite of his hall of armors/OG suits, and the 85 dethroned the 46 for his modern ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Love the 7. Looks wise I do give it
to the 85 for the most modern armors but the 46 will always command a top spot, both for look and what it did on screen. That’s the main reason even tho the 50 didn’t look good on screen, it’ll always be ranked high for me due to what it did.

Don’t understand the love for the Mark IV. Looks are always subjective, but in terms of meaning (which weighs into how much I like his suits), it means nothing to me. Had a cool suit down, then Tony was depressed for the entire second act of the movie and wore it like a T-shirt, which really brought down the novelty for me (not the depression but how he wore it like normal clothes). Honestly I irrationally hate that suit lol, the 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 are all much higher ranked in my own personal ranking. 7 is my favorite of his hall of armors/OG suits, and the 85 dethroned the 46 for his modern ones.

Exactly.

But if you want to talk about meaning: the first suite I felt in love was Mark III in the first Iron Man movie, the beginning of the whole MCU concept. It has that classic bulky machinery look, with (only) the classic red and gold colors. The design was simple and without the whole paraphernalia.
Then Mark IV came. It was a re-designed and refined Mark III and looked more up-to-date, which made it a "better Mark III" for me.
It was also the first time Tony proudly presented himself in an Iron Man suite in the public, enjoyed being Iron Man.

That's where my love comes from.

The IV only existed because he mangled the III at the end of the first movie. It served no evolutionary purpose. The VI was the true evolution of the III. I'm sure various movie guides and wikis have all sorts of information on the suit that will claim it was an advancement on the III, but in the time we saw it onscreen, we never saw any real evidence of that. Hell he couldn't even clean up Rhodey in the MkII (although he was drunk, and it was his best friend)

Still like the VI as an all purpose suit, and the VII as a big battle suit.

The IV only existed because he mangled the III at the end of the first movie. It served no evolutionary purpose. The VI was the true evolution of the III. I'm sure various movie guides and wikis have all sorts of information on the suit that will claim it was an advancement on the III, but in the time we saw it onscreen, we never saw any real evidence of that. Hell he couldn't even clean up Rhodey in the MkII (although he was drunk, and it was his best friend)

Still like the VI as an all purpose suit, and the VII as a big battle suit.

Not quite sure if your argumentation was meant to convince me not to like Mark IV.

But concerning VI: it was indeed a tough decision, but it was the classic round arc reactor from IV which made me go for IV at the end.

The Mark IV will always be my go-to armor because of this scene. :)

21dba69e80d88975b27318052ab7af2d.gif

In the very beginning, I was really hoping to get the BD Mark III from the first IM but I was not collecting at that time. So I end up with the Mark VI with BD from IM2. For the longest time I felt I only need ONE Iron Man. But after watch The Avengers on DVD over and over, I realized that I really need an Iron Man with round RT and so I caved and got the Mark VII. After that, came XXXIII and XLV, and when DC VI came, I didn't hesitate. When DC VII came up, I debated, but ended up jumping onto the EX bandwagon in the nick of time. So VI & VII will always have a special place in my heart. Now I just need to put in my PO for LXXXV...for my final Iron Man...

That scene is actually exactly why I love the Mark IV. He didn't do anything else cool in it. :lol

??????????? He wore it while he drank coffee in the doughnut shop and watched ScarJo appear in her BW catsuit for the very first time on screen. It doesn't get any cooler than that! :lol

But seriously, it looks great. I don't need any other justification for it being my favorite suit.

??????????? He wore it while he drank coffee in the doughnut shop and watched ScarJo appear in her BW catsuit for the very first time on screen. It doesn't get any cooler than that! :lol

But seriously, it looks great. I don't need any other justification for it being my favorite suit.

:lol -- I meant that entire sequence, from Donut to coffee with Nick and Nat.

I will say his fight scene with Rhodey in the Mk 2 was pretty cool.

I know it's a movie but this fight and his fight with Iron Monger bothered me. Tony created the tech and he had to practice with all the flight capabilities and repulsor tech to master it. Stane and Rhodes literally just jump in and go toe to toe with Tony with no problem. Only Rhodes has a little trouble balancing for flight. Why does the creator need practice while the opposition masters it instantly?

Back