1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I ended up with two standard editions of this, so I listed one on Ebay this week and it sold quickly for what I paid for it, but like all my other auctions of late the buyer has refused to pay, and refused to agree to cancel the transaction. I said this in another thread but I don't know why I even list things there, it really sucks now-a-days, well, honestly it's always sucked.

I would just sell it on here but I haven't upped my membership since it ran out last year. :slap

Yeah, the one time I sold an Iron Man figure on eBay, it felt like weird shenanigans going on. Buyer with 0 bids, no paying, shipping address in China even though my listing was for US buyers.

Yeah, the one time I sold an Iron Man figure on eBay, it felt like weird shenanigans going on. Buyer with 0 bids, no paying, shipping address in China even though my listing was for US buyers.

I had the same thing happen a few months ago selling the Asmus Morgul Lord. Every time I cancelled and resisted, it was purchased by someone different in China with 0 feedback, even though the auction said NA only. Probably happened like 8 or 10 times before I finally was able to sell it to someone legit in the US. Really strange.

I had the same thing happen a few months ago selling the Asmus Morgul Lord. Every time I cancelled and resisted, it was purchased by someone different in China with 0 feedback, even though the auction said NA only. Probably happened like 8 or 10 times before I finally was able to sell it to someone legit in the US. Really strange.

I was thinking it was a sockpuppet account for some Chinese eBay seller also trying to sell the same figure -- trying to get rid of competition. No idea, very strange.

So I ended up with two standard editions of this, so I listed one on Ebay this week and it sold quickly for what I paid for it, but like all my other auctions of late the buyer has refused to pay, and refused to agree to cancel the transaction. I said this in another thread but I don't know why I even list things there, it really sucks now-a-days, well, honestly it's always sucked.

I would just sell it on here but I haven't upped my membership since it ran out last year. :slap

I've been trying to move the majority of my figures on eBay lately, and I've had several people refuse to pay and request a cancellation. I think alot of them were unaware of the new tax policy and were only expecting to pay the listing price + the stated shipping cost. I've had numerous excuses from "I got robbed while going to the bank to deposit money" to "Sorry, I forgot about this bill I had to pay for" lol. Luckily the cancellations went well and I got my selling fees refunded though.

I’m sorry some of you had bad experiences with Ebay buyers. I originally wasn’t interested in this figure since I have the plastic version. But after seeing pictures and reviews, made me take the plunge. Especially after getting my first diecast, Mark IV War Machine. With SS and the high shipping cost and taxes, BBTS has $4 shipping but still tax, I decided to look in Ebay. I seen one that was sealed, but the shipper was dirty. I missed out on that one because I was busy when the auction ended. Then another was used, but had an imperfection on the faceplate, which I couldn’t really see and wear on the stand. Maybe one of those was one of you. But I recently won a bid last night. It was MISB, shipper is clean, and the seller got from SS. He would ship it double boxed. My winning bid was low such that even with taxes, and shipping which was high at $20, the total is still lower than the retail price of this thing. I was surprised.

I'm assuming you won this one here?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Hot-To...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If so, thats one heck of a deal! Congrats! :clap I almost feel bad for the seller because I assume he was expecting for it to sell at close to retail cost. After selling and paypal fees, he took over a $100 loss lol..

Yes thanks. I was surprised too for what I spent. I was prepared to go higher while still maintaining a buffer zone. I was expecting to be outbid. However I didn't want to get to a point where I'd be spending as much as buying from a retailer.
I just take a risk, because it hasn't been opened, and I can't exhange it if something major is wrong with it. At least preowned you know what it looks like etc. But it had a clean shipper, double boxed, and relatively cheap.
Hopefully the seller just wanted to get rid of it. I definitely would have waited until it was sold out at retailers if i wanted to make a profit. At least I don't feel like a spent a lot on this figure, since I already have the plastic version (my first IM figure). I also have the MK33 Silver Centurion and have the Mark 85 on order. I wanted to justify it was worth it to get a figure I already have. It looks to be a masterpiece. I want a figure to pair with the WM Mark IV, this or the Mark 85. The DC MK VII looks like the WM being bulky and all the missiles etc.

Yes thanks. I was surprised too for what I spent. I was prepared to go higher while still maintaining a buffer zone. I was expecting to be outbid. However I didn't want to get to a point where I'd be spending as much as buying from a retailer.
I just take a risk, because it hasn't been opened, and I can't exhange it if something major is wrong with it. At least preowned you know what it looks like etc. But it had a clean shipper, double boxed, and relatively cheap.
Hopefully the seller just wanted to get rid of it. I definitely would have waited until it was sold out at retailers if i wanted to make a profit. At least I don't feel like a spent a lot on this figure, since I already have the plastic version (my first IM figure). I also have the MK33 Silver Centurion and have the Mark 85 on order. I wanted to justify it was worth it to get a figure I already have. It looks to be a masterpiece. I want a figure to pair with the WM Mark IV, this or the Mark 85. The DC MK VII looks like the WM being bulky and all the missiles etc.

Plastic and Diecast VII are night and day lol. You will definitely be impressed!! Yeah its a little scary sometimes getting sealed armors off the bay, considering you may get a defective one. But at that price point, I'd definitely take the risk as well. Love the WM Mark IV as well... Always loved the bulky missiles and weapons on the character. Anyways, hope everything turns out okay with your VII~

I had similar when I sold my Mk VII stealth last week. I under priced it compared to others available, accepted ?10 less offer and then realised I under valued the shipping - he paid ?10 but it cost me ?26! Then ?9 PayPal fee and yet to receive the bill from EBay.

At least it sold though and I got the cash I needed to pay off the Diecast Mk VII :D

I give it till the end of March for the exclusive to convert. :(

Might just bite on the regular with this $25 coupon I have to avoid their tax charge.

Not sure anything will convert because I'm not sure anything is getting shipped any time soon from China.
Yeah I don't know if it's really worth waiting till this whole thing blows over just for the exclusive on this figure.

Will think on it for a bit since this coupon expires in April. I feel like a conversion won't happen for a very long time.

Yeah I don't know if it's really worth waiting till this whole thing blows over just for the exclusive on this figure.

Will think on it for a bit since this coupon expires in April. I feel like a conversion won't happen for a very long time.

I got the exclusive just cos it was the same price as the normal version.
It?s only a little hologram with a display stand of the pod-I sold it on eBay -easy $100.
Just get the regular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this guy worth getting? I?ve been toying with the idea of building a A1 squad and would obviously start with this guy. Already have Hulk, the new A1 Cap will be releasing next year, and Thor/BW/Hawkeye hover around $200-250 each. And maybe HT will revisit those three.

Is this guy worth getting? I?ve been toying with the idea of building a A1 squad and would obviously start with this guy. Already have Hulk, the new A1 Cap will be releasing next year, and Thor/BW/Hawkeye hover around $200-250 each. And maybe HT will revisit those three.

Well he?s the one I?ve been waiting for so I?d say yes.

I have A1 Cap and Loki and whilst it would be nice to have the Thor, the DW sleeved Thor I have is the definitive one for me. The three of them will look superb! I?m only missing Hulk (discounting the non super characters) but I doubt I?ll ever get him.

I've owned all the MCU diecast Iron Man figs and I do recommend getting this one. I'm getting out of 1/6 but the mark VII is one armor that I've decided to keep to display. It's a winner for sure!

Well he?s the one I?ve been waiting for so I?d say yes.

I have A1 Cap and Loki and whilst it would be nice to have the Thor, the DW sleeved Thor I have is the definitive one for me. The three of them will look superb! I?m only missing Hulk (discounting the non super characters) but I doubt I?ll ever get him.

I also have DW sleeved Thor. The legs are very wobbly/loose on mine unfortunately. Need to figure out how to fix it. If I don’t end up getting A1 Thor, that is the one that will be posed in the group.

I've owned all the MCU diecast Iron Man figs and I do recommend getting this one. I'm getting out of 1/6 but the mark VII is one armor that I've decided to keep to display. It's a winner for sure!

Thank you both for the recommendations. And all the pics in this thread. Took me only 12 hours to decide, but I bought him. Also snagged a new Chitauri Commander for $90, so he has someone to fight now :lol

Looks like I’m all in on the A1 line now. Only 8 years late :lol

Back