1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 - Iron Man 3: Mark XXXVI - Peacemaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cause you hate box pics :lol

2b109aa7ccf6afc8e416c4b293d6ad8e.jpg

eb5f449769b6d83b049f3111b68b4f90.jpg

Kauai airport shots sold me on it. I'm ordering.

That looks stunning, hopefully mine will turn up next month..., might have to wait till January though as I bought it from a retailer. :)

Yeah he has tiny arms. Either plays soccer or bikes marathons. Similar arms to vii

Man, I wish this one had changeable battle damage pieces on it. :rock:rock

Sorry if this has been discussed already. I am considering buying the Peacemaker and have seen some mixed reviews but wanted to get some suggestions and questions answered first.
Is the SS pc the same as the Summer Exclusive or is it just a different box? Is this pc that limited/exclusive that it's worth dropping $ 300 on or does it have the potential to be a shelf warmer? I truely hate rushing out and buying an item only to see 6 months later it gets the price slashed. Been down that road already.
It is a really nice looking pc but with other pcs soon to be released I just wanted to hear from other collectors how they feel and if I should save my money or not.
Thanks. Jack

Sorry if this has been discussed already. I am considering buying the Peacemaker and have seen some mixed reviews but wanted to get some suggestions and questions answered first.
Is the SS pc the same as the Summer Exclusive or is it just a different box? Is this pc that limited/exclusive that it's worth dropping $ 300 on or does it have the potential to be a shelf warmer? I truely hate rushing out and buying an item only to see 6 months later it gets the price slashed. Been down that road already.
It is a really nice looking pc but with other pcs soon to be released I just wanted to hear from other collectors how they feel and if I should save my money or not.
Thanks. Jack

The summer exclusive was Python, a totally different suit of armour..., look it up & you'll see they aren't even alike. :) As for mixed reviews, it's nothing but people expecting more than they are being offered or not liking that the arms aren't longer (but that's how it's supposed to look so it's a pointless complaint)..., the main gripe is that the torso is set & not moveable, I can understand people's issue with this BUT personally I'm not bothered myself as it helps with posing the figure & plenty of others have moveable torsos so, not all need it. :)

Thanks. I must have misread, maybe it wasn't Summer but was it not a HT Exclusive at some time? If so, is there any difference between the two?

Thanks. I must have misread, maybe it wasn't Summer but was it not a HT Exclusive at some time? If so, is there any difference between the two?

My bad, Peacemaker does actually say it's the summer exclusive..., but stupid really considering it's not come out till winter time. lol ;) There's just the one version & it's Hot Toys usual gimmick of trying to create more sales..., should've said it's the winter exclusive really, it was always scheduled to be released in the winter after all. lol So that'll make Python just the Comic Con exclusive. All of these flipping exclusives do my head in, they should just release figures & stop pratting about (just my opinion though). lol ;)

I personally think peacemaker will warm SS shelves just like Joker BR 2.0. Too close to Red Snapper which finally came down on discount this past month after almost a full year. Fused torso and weird arm proportions don't do this figure any favors as well.

Sideshow has already paid for these units from HT and as the only distributor for this particular armor in the states, they will play the waiting game until warehouse space or patience becomes an issue. Best bet is the standard $20 off coupon or rewards points to grab him up for a discount in the foreseeable future. Maybe the classifieds on here or on E bay if someone pops a deal on there for it.

It's a Toy Fair EX fig, but SSC ordered them from HT for sale in the US market. I like Peacemaker better than Red Snapper, even though RS got a lot more screen time in comparison.

Thanks for the replies so far. It is a really cool looking figure but I think I'll take some of your advise and wait it out. I just get cautious when I see "exclusive/limited edition" on an item but I also didn't want to miss out on an really hot item like I did with the Midas and Python.
Plus I wanted to be sure when I saw it was going to cost more than the diecast IM figures.

Thanks for the replies so far. It is a really cool looking figure but I think I'll take some of your advise and wait it out. I just get cautious when I see "exclusive/limited edition" on an item but I also didn't want to miss out on an really hot item like I did with the Midas and Python.
Plus I wanted to be sure when I saw it was going to cost more than the diecast IM figures.

Hot Rod is the latest exclusive worthy of note, it's diecast so definitely worthy of the extra cost an exclusive incurs & it looks stunning too. :)

Do you think this may possibly be a slow mover too? I think it's cool, wished the whole thing was done in the paint, but I have seen a number of complaints that it is just a War Machine repaint. Could this hurt sales? Being a diecast can't hurt but the Iron Patriot has seemed to linger for a while. I think it's a cool pc too but waited until it went on sale before buying it.
Again, I just get cautious about pre ordering pcs at full price. I got burned on the Snowtrooper PF statue and kick myself every time I see it on sale.

Back