Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That setup is goals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet Hoth corner.

Great display, robrod! ...and aren't they doing that in the new movie? Youn Han meets Chewie's friend "Poohbacca"...

Much appreaciated Gentlemen (sorry assuming its all males), its been YEARS of waiting to get that corner complete.

JediBear - perhaps we'll see a walk through attraction in the upcomming Star Wars Galaxy that explains how the 100 Acre Woods is a sub-population of Endor.

pretty happy. This was love at first sight and I am glad I preordered.

087B9E33-6CD3-42AA-A1D3-9514D00C92D4.jpeg

EEA4DBB0-E239-4698-8E16-B929683A28A5.jpeg

51C295C1-EFA7-486F-B88F-2E5E650B5077.jpeg

Not blown away like I was with Tarkin, but she's a very nice figure. I liked the head sculpt on the ANH version better but this has a slight edge as an overall figure.

leia-01.jpg

My exact sentiments as well verbatim.

:1-1: Yeah, I think we've gone back and forth in agreement about this one. I was a bit annoyed that the spotting issue made me feel the need to pay off my flex early as I was enjoying having Tarkin as my new figure, would have liked to stretch that out a bit more.

My exact sentiments as well verbatim.

Agree as well. Just doesn’t seem to have the character of ANH Leia. I think it’s already been said, but the gun just seems too big? This is crappy iPhone pic my DSLR pics should be better... Overall though a very very nice figure.

ac60bcf74097b5a964d2c2458a2c04fa.jpg

:1-1: Yeah, I think we've gone back and forth in agreement about this one. I was a bit annoyed that the spotting issue made me feel the need to pay off my flex early as I was enjoying having Tarkin as my new figure, would have liked to stretch that out a bit more.

:duff

I received my Tarkin and Leia both on the same day, so the greatness of Tarkin kind of overshadowed the excitement of receiving this figure had I received it by itself. When I opened the boxes and took the figures out, I was blown away by Tarkin while this one was more of just a "yeah, it's pretty good."

Agree as well. Just doesn’t seem to have the character of ANH Leia. I think it’s already been said, but the gun just seems too big? This is crappy iPhone pic my DSLR pics should be better... Overall though a very very nice figure.

ac60bcf74097b5a964d2c2458a2c04fa.jpg

Actually, I think this figure has more character than ANH Leia. I'm not sure though if it's because I think it's a bit better of an overall figure in general, or because of the lackluster dress of ANH Leia, or because ESB is my favorite SW film. There's just something about it that I think makes it look better on the shelf than its predecessor.

:duff

I received my Tarkin and Leia both on the same day, so the greatness of Tarkin kind of overshadowed the excitement of receiving this figure had I received it by itself. When I opened the boxes and took the figures out, I was blown away by Tarkin while this one was more of just a "yeah, it's pretty good."

Really? Tarkin was total meh to me. Great sculpt, terrible tailoring. Leia on the other hand... so long as you didn't get a pox version.

all these figures fall prey to the same conundrum of being photographed with digital cameras. They always look better under natural light and can look scary real sometimes. I think this Figure looks great, but I'm going to hold out for an Endor Leia, but only if they do an non helmeted sculpt or decent conversion gimmick.

Just opened her up about 10 minutes ago, no spots what a relief! I like her quite a lot, unlike some I dig the sculpt. First thing that really struck me was how much sharper the rank badge and arm greeblies are on Leia than on sideshow Luke and Han. Great outfit but gloves a bit on the shiny side similar to DS Gunner.

Still waiting for mine. One more payment. Can't wait. Still convinced this almost perfect headsculpt needs a tweak to the eye liner detail. Darker eye liner should move this closer to the prototype.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took a shot at repainting the eyes to make them more centered and the whites a bit brighter. Also lightened the skin tone a bit, darkened the eyeliner, reddened the nose and cheeks, and lightened the hair and lips. The likeness still seems a bit off from the proto, but I'm at least liking it a bit more now. :)

20180324_202453 (468x700).jpg

20180324_203014 (442x700).jpg

20180324_194238 (545x925).jpg

20180324_1943170 (474x925).jpg

Back