Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes, to get a figure into it's catsuit, they have to turn the arms so the elbow isn't facing forward.
It's always advisable to be very gentle with the first attempt to bend the arms.

Thanks Popnfresh98. Sounds like the exact same issue. The arm just won't stay connected - slightest movement and it pops out again. Not too hard to pop it back in again but it won't stay that way. I'll contact Popcultcha and see what they say. First defective figure I've had other than a very wobbly base on the HT snowtrooper. I noticed the base isn't perfectly flat with Leia either, but the unevenness is minimal.

Thanks for the response, much appreciated!

Hope you get it all sorted out Blue!

d66bb7ab822c1288f8ff2e1f8879d559.jpg

Beautiful figure. I wish there was another left hand to put her hand on her hip. Two issues: the left arm tends to pop out between the bicep and elbow and the name plate falls off easily. I don’t know if it’s meant to come off at all, not sure why it would be.

Name plates are usually meant to come off so that you can out the stands together to form a big floor.
2bae274b2d2aa1fcf3a4975a96eadee3.jpg

That’s awesome. I’ve been casting my own stands from these. Turned out pretty good.
e84e99bbdc2f22b8e521288969404fc1.jpg

620d4cbc30ace97f14cf19bdde0de7b9.jpg

b339a4de30fd6efdcec203e5404a1c2a.jpg

Still working on making the posts but the wire grabber part is the hardest to figure out material.

Just opened mine tonight. Love the figure overall but really disappointed with the paint apps especially the irises which are way to big. And the face structure is not a match to the proto either which I could live with if the eyes looked right.

I haven’t been this disappointed since the Marty paint app.

Ironically the box art especially the inner flap look like movie stills. They are of the proto of course but still. Not sure these are complex paint apps to match the box art.

Still love her and will display her with all the adoration she deserves. But hot toys got lazy on this one from a head sculpt perspective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took a shot at repainting the eyes to make them more centered and the whites a bit brighter. Also lightened the skin tone a bit, darkened the eyeliner, reddened the nose and cheeks, and lightened the hair and lips. The likeness still seems a bit off from the proto, but I'm at least liking it a bit more now. :)

View attachment 401252

View attachment 401253

View attachment 401254

View attachment 401255

Great work davejames - quick question - did you hit the eyes with a matte varnish before doing the paint there? And did you varnish the eyes and face to seal your changes? What paints did you use?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back