Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice steady hands you got there, Dave!

I'm pretty happy with the stock paint job on mine, with the exception of the hair color. At some point I'll be lightening that.

Wow nice job on the paint work, I'm happy with mine as it is, but there's is nothing wrong with your one either

I'm happy enough with mine as is but what you have done looks great Dave. Generally speaking all the mods you do are very well done. The brown hair color is more accurate for Leia, and I love the reddening of her face implying the climate on hoth. Nice work!

Nice work Davejames. A bit random but how the hell do you upload pictures on here now? Whats the best upload site to use now that photobucket is not useful. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :slap

Struggling to find good angles on this figure but I’m very happy with it and very happy no blue dots...

e0b8a6fc0589452d268252fc9ee1772e.jpg

ff339c6dc4024fca07f41bab0152aca3.jpg

722d99a7d3b1d0f9408dfdd0abb8c78d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally caved and ordered. By the time the Endor version comes out, I’m not going to be able to choose this one anymore if it’s the one Leia I decide to go with. Get while the gettin’s good. I added a note to ask the seller to check for dots first.

Just opened the Hoth Leia I received from Popcultcha. Thankfully no spots on the outfit, but there seems to be something wrong with the right arm. There's a join around the middle of the upper arm and the arm keeps popping loose from this join. Is this normal? I can feel a peg there and it sort of clicks back in, but then any movement and it pops out again. I can't feel a similar join on the left arm - it seems to be a solid piece between shoulder and elbow. Not sure if this is a defect or not and I can't work out how to remove the costume to inspect the underlying body. Any help would be appreciated!

Just opened the Hoth Leia I received from Popcultcha. Thankfully no spots on the outfit, but there seems to be something wrong with the right arm. There's a join around the middle of the upper arm and the arm keeps popping loose from this join. Is this normal? I can feel a peg there and it sort of clicks back in, but then any movement and it pops out again. I can't feel a similar join on the left arm - it seems to be a solid piece between shoulder and elbow. Not sure if this is a defect or not and I can't work out how to remove the costume to inspect the underlying body. Any help would be appreciated!

It sounds like the bicep swivel is not connected properly and keeps coming off. The same thing happened to me with my imperial disguise jyn erso. Same deal with not being able to remove the outfit, I tried finagling it back into place as well and it wouldn’t keep properly(could feel the peg and the place on the upper arm where it should snap). Got a replacement that was free of the issue.

I’d say that’s your best bet, but if you manage to solve it in some other way let us know!

It sounds like the bicep swivel is not connected properly and keeps coming off. The same thing happened to me with my imperial disguise jyn erso. Same deal with not being able to remove the outfit, I tried finagling it back into place as well and it wouldn’t keep properly(could feel the peg and the place on the upper arm where it should snap). Got a replacement that was free of the issue.

I’d say that’s your best bet, but if you manage to solve it in some other way let us know!

Thanks Popnfresh98. Sounds like the exact same issue. The arm just won't stay connected - slightest movement and it pops out again. Not too hard to pop it back in again but it won't stay that way. I'll contact Popcultcha and see what they say. First defective figure I've had other than a very wobbly base on the HT snowtrooper. I noticed the base isn't perfectly flat with Leia either, but the unevenness is minimal.

Thanks for the response, much appreciated!

Back