Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got her from Sideshow two days ago. I absolutely love her, one of my favorite headsculpts.
Just a few quick pictures I took right after unboxing her:

p1040445rzjcr.jpg

p1040452dcjb2.jpg

p10404552qkzj.jpg

p1040460a0jdc.jpg

Very nice 1st post!

I didn’t fully catch up here but I saw that people were using 70% rubbing alcohol to completely remove the blue dots. So if they’re that easily cleaned, they’re basically a nonissue, right?

Some have said that using alcohol will take away the dots, but can lead to discoloration of the materials over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my Leia from Sideshow yesterday without any spots, but her right arm is super loose and slides out of the socket. It actually came loose while taking her out of the box. And I can't put it back in well because you can't take off her suit. I guess I'm gonna have to call customer support... Is it hard to take off the suit and restitch it?

Any of those who bought theirs from BBTS or another retailer had any problems with exchanges or refunds? I just got mine today and it so bad it looks like polka dot in places.

Moving the head up helps, LOVE this figure!
View attachment 398998

Very nice. I like the pose.

Any of those who bought theirs from BBTS or another retailer had any problems with exchanges or refunds? I just got mine today and it so bad it looks like polka dot in places.

You would think that with this being so widespread, retailers would be checking their stock for this issue and pulling the bad ones rather than mailing them out blindly then having to pay for swap-out shipping.

Oh no...I don't want to hear this! I'm expecting mine from BBTS later this week. Just to confirm, you got yours from BBTS?

Welcome to The Show Pezking! Great pics and poses from you last few dudes. It looks like she doesn't come without her flaws but looks great overall and I'm pumped to get her.

Some have said that using alcohol will take away the dots, but can lead to discoloration of the materials over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Others have said that simple water can work as well, so I would probably try that first. And if you do use alcohol, be sure to rinse the fabric with water after.

There was success with plain ol' water? That's definitely good news. Hopefully I'll get lucky and won't have to fuss with it at all.

I couldn't get to my LCS yet so picking her up this weekend when the rest of my orders get in. Passing by a different store that has her on display tomorrow. Curious to see if their's has the blue plague

Oh no...I don't want to hear this! I'm expecting mine from BBTS later this week. Just to confirm, you got yours from BBTS?

No no - sorry for causing any worry. I got mine from Urban Samurai here in Canada - was just wondering if any other people who bought online (through non-SS) had any issues with returns.

Whew! Thank... makes me feel a little less anxious while I wait.

To answer your question. ..BBTS has been excellent to deal with. Great CS....

Back