Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed the coupon, came onto the board about an hour after it expired.

Would have found something to buy. Or lots of things. Probably good I missed it.

You big coward!

I'm afraid to even pic up the HT ANH Leia because the damn hood took forever to get looking right and the dress is all-white so might get a mark on it (even though yes, it appears to be made of shower curtain fabric so is probably fine.)

So no, not a coward, just extra concerned when it comes to girl dolls.:dunno:monkey3

I'm afraid to even pic up the HT ANH Leia because the damn hood took forever to get looking right and the dress is all-white so might get a mark on it (even though yes, it appears to be made of shower curtain fabric so is probably fine.)

So no, not a coward, just extra concerned when it comes to girl dolls.:dunno:monkey3
And now deep thoughts, by Jack Handey...
58d8ea9811d5a64a1845887721735c85.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

The sculpt is too narrow regardless of the camera. The ANH was a lot better at capturing her more rounded features. Compared to a photo of the real thing HT Leia looks like she lost weight.

Though you've found her best angle by turning her head to the side, which also cures her stoned eyes.

I've just turned the sculpt on mine and it's a huge improvement. So much so that she might get a promotion to the front of the shelf!

Oh, I don’t disagree with any of that. My only point was that I think the proto had the same issue. In other words, I don’t find that the production sculpt suffers any more than the proto did from the issue. They were just very carful to choose the best angles and then there’s that paint job I keep gushing over.

Anyway, it’s a very solid effort from HT.

Last edited:
Your portraits always bring out the best in these figures. Leia arrives my way next week and the shots in here, especially ones like this one, really keep me excited for the figure. My shots won't compare to this, but it's great to see how good this figure can look!

Thanks and keep doing what you do with these pics!

Far too kind as always, JB. So let’s start the mutual admiration party strong! What I try to simulate with composite backgrounds, you achieve with your amazing practical shots. Your “on location” shoots deliver more if I’m being honest. Don’t sell them short, and Keep up the work!

I used the coupon to get about a hundred bucks off a damn espresso machine.

NICE! Maximized profits.

Love this optimism !!!

I think he was annoyed to have to get the espresso machine and not a figure. But on the up side, that's $100 towards a new Hot Toys figure :lol

The sculpt is too narrow regardless of the camera. The ANH was a lot better at capturing her more rounded features. Compared to a photo of the real thing HT Leia looks like she lost weight.

Though you've found her best angle by turning her head to the side, which also cures her stoned eyes.

I've just turned the sculpt on mine and it's a huge improvement. So much so that she might get a promotion to the front of the shelf!

Well her face was noticeably narrower in ESB, with all the weight she was forced to lose. So I think HT actually got that pretty right. It's only the eyes that are really harming it in my book, with that standard stoned look HT gives most of their production figures, along with them being just slightly off-center for some reason.

ggjjj.JPG

:lol

You mean all the coke she could now afford.

Sadly, there's a lot of truth in that. I remember looking at her in ESB at the time and thinking how leaner she looked compared to the original. I had thought at the time she was just losing some teenage baby fat and transitioning to more womanly features. In retrospect, knowing she was getting heavier into coke at the time of ESBs filming, the leaner look makes more sense.

FWIW, I just got my Hoth Leia the other day and while many of the pics I've seen have left me thinking that they only got it 85-90% this time, in hand she's damn near perfect. Other than lightening the hair at some point, I have no nits to pick whatsoever.

Well her face was noticeably narrower in ESB, with all the weight she was forced to lose. So I think HT actually got that pretty right. It's only the eyes that are really harming it in my book, with that standard stoned look HT gives most of their production figures, along with them being just slightly off-center for some reason.

View attachment 398574

I actually concur with this.

I really just don't see the face of the sculpt being drastically narrower than what her face actually was in ESB, it looks relatively accurate to me. Perhaps slightly narrower, but not much. The biggest thing plaguing it I think is just the stoned eyes, which is something that usually seems to plague HT's female figures in general.

As long as you don't pose her looking straight ahead, you can kind of mitigate that though.

Did anyone get a box code with this they don't need ? Send me a PM, am wanting to get a figure this weekend.

Or have they stopped giving those box codes out ?

Just checked the box I got straight from SSC, and no code. All they really seem to do now is give discounts for older product they're trying to get rid of.

Did anyone get a box code with this they don't need ? Send me a PM, am wanting to get a figure this weekend.

Or have they stopped giving those box codes out ?

Yeah, mine had nothing (and I got no e-mailed code either) but I used a $50 SSC coupon on this, so they probably figured I'd had my "turn" with a discount code.:gah:

Yes! My risk paid off -- no dots on my incoming Hoth Leia from ebay!

Saved $45 in three days time.

Uh-oh... prepare to be underwhelmed.:monkey3:lol

Missed the coupon, came onto the board about an hour after it expired.

Would have found something to buy. Or lots of things. Probably good I missed it.

Busy with kids school stuff the whole time (a coupon code that's only valid for 12 hours - what is this, eBay's version of Spook?) so I just blamed them. No cheap dollies make dad angry.:lol

I was glad to get in on one of these deals for once. Probably the first figure I’ve bought when it was pretty new for a substantial discount. Saved $28 at least and plus another $20 or so in shipping that Sideshow would have charged me. Just have to hope I don’t have any staining issues but at least I know I got it from a reputable seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh-oh... prepare to be underwhelmed.:monkey3:lol

The money I saved not buying retail will make her reception a lot warmer, I can tell you that.

I was glad to get in on one of these deals for once. Probably the first figure I’ve bought when it was pretty new for a substantial discount. Saved $28 at least and plus another $20 or so in shipping that Sideshow would have charged me.

Exactly.

Back