Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too.

I had entertained the idea of cancelling to maybe get cheaper on ebay... but there's no way I'm risking getting stuck with blue dots. It's going to be a risk as it is with BBTS. Maybe Sideshow shipped them as many blue dots as possible.

:gah:

:lol there is probably some lot number sideshow has that identifies the bad ones. BBTS will be getting the shaft as punishment for $4 shipping.

But Tarkin and Leia shipping at the same time is a big win, $4 shipping for both = $45 saved :yess:

Me too! I'm surprised, I didn't get it for the Homecoming Spider-Man yet, I thought that was released before these two.

Spidey did release first, not sure the holdup? I ordered the deluxe from sideshow with a coupon but haven't heard a peep, meanwhile lots of folks received theirs about a week ago.

I feel bad for the people that ordered from BBTS. I purchased a DS Gunner from them recently and when I removed it from the box, I noticed the belt had some small scratches on the silver portions of the belt which are noticable under light. I contacted them and this is the response I got: “Regarding your pictures, we unfortunately would not consider this defect as it is a minor cosmetic blemish and these kinds of blemishes will be present on any figure, depending on where and how hard you look.” I hope for BBTS buyers you don’t get a similar response. So for now on I don’t buy from BBTS.

I feel bad for the people that ordered from BBTS. I purchased a DS Gunner from them recently and when I removed it from the box, I noticed the belt had some small scratches on the silver portions of the belt which are noticable under light. I contacted them and this is the response I got: “Regarding your pictures, we unfortunately would not consider this defect as it is a minor cosmetic blemish and these kinds of blemishes will be present on any figure, depending on where and how hard you look.” I hope for BBTS buyers you don’t get a similar response. So for now on I don’t buy from BBTS.

Post your pics here. I’m curious...
I’ve been ordering from BBTS for year and never an issue with returns.

They’re small, but you can see them because the light shines on them from my display.

Attachments

• 2A61721B-2E4E-4543-94F8-2BEFAF79EB94.jpg
    2A61721B-2E4E-4543-94F8-2BEFAF79EB94.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 80BDF4BC-449C-4656-82E1-7D1AF7AA4B22.jpg
    80BDF4BC-449C-4656-82E1-7D1AF7AA4B22.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 150

I have been very happy with BBTS customer service... EXCEPT for my last run-in with them over a faulty light-up feature, which kind of put me off. But they did finally sort it out. Being the first problem, I'm willing to give them another try.

But I do see the problem with some issues being subjective. For example, I don't see the problem with the picture above, scratches on the belt boxes. Sorry.

Afternoon update: I used 70% rubbing alcohol (it's just what I had on hand) and Q tips and successfully removed all of the dots on my Leia.
I had only blue dots (no pink ones) and fortunately the number of dots were far less and lighter than a few early pictures I saw from some other people.

After they were sufficiently removed, I went over each area with Q tips soaked in plain water to dilute what alcohol I had rubbed into the material.

None of these things should happen, but it's good to know it was an easy fix and should not intimidate people!

I have been very happy with BBTS customer service... EXCEPT for my last run-in with them over a faulty light-up feature, which kind of put me off. But they did finally sort it out. Being the first problem, I'm willing to give them another try.

But I do see the problem with some issues being subjective. For example, I don't see the problem with the picture above, scratches on the belt boxes. Sorry.

What did they do to sort it out?

A year or two from now we will know who had blue dots and who didn't by the ones then complaining that their Hoth suit is strangely thinning and cracking in places.

Sent me a replacement part. But they took the long road with me. Not sure why there was an issue to start, I mean a light either works or it doesn't. Mine didn't.

Exactly! All I really wanted was them to send me a replacement belt. I guess I was kind of put off by the response I received. To me it seemed like a cop out.

Exactly! All I really wanted was them to send me a replacement belt. I guess I was kind of put off by the response I received. To me it seemed like a cop out.

I gotta say though, those little "scratches" are so small I'm shocked you even found them. I couldn't see them in your macro shot right away, had to really search to find them. And that box is what, a quarter inch wide? They do have to draw the line somewhere.

I gotta say though, those little "scratches" are so small I'm shocked you even found them. I couldn't see them in your macro shot right away, had to really search to find them. And that box is what, a quarter inch wide? They do have to draw the line somewhere.

I thought that at first too. But then I remembered I spend over $200 a figure, so I expect perfection! But you are correct they are minor.

They’re small, but you can see them because the light shines on them from my display.

You mean the scratch on the black chest pad? I don't see any other scratches in that pic. Hope that wasn't the pic you sent to BBTS.:lol

You mean the scratch on the black chest pad? I don't see any other scratches in that pic. Hope that wasn't the pic you sent to BBTS.:lol

No they’re on the silver part of the belt. I had to use my magnifying glass to see them. Lol No I’m kidding! It’s one of those things that’s hard to photograph. They’re more prominent in person. That and my ocd.

Back